“A nightmarish trip from Delhi to Manali”

ZipTrips.in- Day Tours
Delhi Independent Sightseeing Day Tour
Ranked #186 of 553 Tours in New Delhi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ZipTrips.in offers Hassle Free, All Inclusive One Day Private Tours all across India. Our base prices include all car and driver related expenses including - tolls, taxes, parking and driver charges. For additional charge, customers can add tour guides, entrance tickets or activity reservations. We are committed to making "Discovering India, Hassle Free."
Reviewed May 8, 2013

If it were not for just one fact, I would be happy rating it as good. Unfortunately, that one thing was one of the most important parts of our trip to Manali. The driver who was taking us to Manali had never himself been there and obviously stopped every 10 minutes to ask about the route. The result was almost 18 hours of harrowing journey from Delhi to Manali. Needless to say it was a nightmare for me and my wife. To be fair, the customer service is really good and I really wish they had taken some time to assign a good driver to such a long trip.

Navneet A, Owner at ZipTrips.in- Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hi,
I'm really sorry for the trouble and inconvenience caused to you. Our staff is looking into why such an issue happened. As you had recognized and acknowledged we take great pride in customer service and our staff calls our customers several times during their trip to ensure 100% satisfaction. We are trying to find out why this issue was not identified during your trip and dealt with in real-time as we normally do with any problems happening during the trips.

Please be assured we will be calling you and make it right by you as we are committed to 100% customer satisfaction. Also we will investigate the root cause of the problem and put in processes to avoid such a failure in future for any other customer.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologize for letting you down and for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Navneet

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Ziptrip provided excellent service. Even though we did not ask for an English-speaking driver, our driver spoke English and when in doubt he called the Zip Office. Also, during the day, the representative from the Zip office called several times the driver's mobile to talk to us and ensure that all was well and we had no issues or concerns. The driver was always on time -- at least 10 minutes ahead of schedule and accessible when needed earlier.

This was a business trip for me. My husband joined me as well, and decided to take an extra day to visit Agra. There our guide -- arranged by Ziptrip -- was pleasant and spoke clear English.

Ziptrip made our travel around Delhi feel safe and pleasant. The cost was reasonable and the overall service impeccable. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I used the services of Zip Trips twice in India, once to go to Agra/Amer Fort/Fattepuh Sikri & area, and the second time to Jaipur. I loved the whole experience.

My driver in both day tours, Jogineder, was always very punctual, courteous, trustworthy, and super nice. The tour guide in Taj Mahal was good, the guide in Fatepuh Sikri (his name was CK) was excellent & very nice, and lastly the one in Jaipur was ok.

I got the opportunity to visit everything I wanted to see/visit and everything was perfectly as planned. They tweaked the initial program to accommodate a couple of things I wanted to add (always helpful to get a few recommendations before your trip, be it only from travel books/guides).

My only tip is not to lose time at local stores/cooperatives, etc. if shopping is not your intent. If you are like me (feel bad if you don't buy from them), then by all means just ask to skip that part.

Other than that, it was better than I expected! And if anyone ever meets Jogineder, please give him my best! :)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was my first experience with Ziptrips, absolutely loved the experience. I was travelling with my wife & parents. The car (Toyota Innova) was in very good condition. The trip from Gurgaon to Mussorie & back was excellent. Really appreciate the way Ziptrips handled everything. Really appreciate the telephone calls from Ziptrips executives during the trip to know if everything is fine. A special mention to driver Naresh, he is gem of a guy very co-operative and a very smart driver. Overall very satisfied with the services.

- Rajat

Reviewed April 21, 2013

“I cannot thank enough Zip Trips for making my visit to Delhi & Agra so pleasant. I am a 31 year old lady traveling by myself and the driver and tourist guide made me feel at all times very safe and taken care of. My most important concern was safety and they very much achieved this. I took a 2 day tour, where a driver picked me up at the airport early morning on Saturday, we drove all the way to Agra via the new highway (about 4 – 5 hours due to traffic), we stop on our way at Akbar Mausoleum, worth it to see and take pictures. The driver did not speak much English, but he tried his best and he was always very respectful and accommodating. Once we arrived in Agra Zip Trip arranged a complimentary tour guide in English who was amazing! He and the driver took me for lunch and to Agra Fort in the afternoon, then back to the hotel to freshen up and back to the light and show at Agra Fort in the evening. Then they drove me back to my hotel. Next morning they picked me up at 6 am and took me to the Taj Mahal to see the sunrise. AMAZING! The tour guide had arranged for me a professional photographer to take pictures of me. I wore a Saree that I bought before the trip and it was an incredible experience. I felt like a Bollywood movie star!!! So worth it!. They took me back to my hotel around 8:30 am fir breakfast and after the check out, the driver took me to Fatehpur Sikri and then back to Delhi Airport to catch my flight that evening. I highly recommend Zip Trips for any travels in India. They were looking after me all the way and in communication with me, the driver and tour guide making sure I was receiving the attention that I needed.” - Claudia Ramirez

1  Thank Claudia R