“Great find close to the airport in New Delhi”

Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport
Ranked #31 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
San Francisco, California
“Great find close to the airport in New Delhi”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at the Red Fox for one night after completing a 23 day tour of northern India and Nepal. The tour company booked us there for a short stay between flights so that we could shower, relax and eat before going to the airport for home. We stayed overnight because our flight was the next night. The Red Fox front desk arranged a driver/car for our last day in Delhi. We were able to spend that day seeing a few places that we wanted more time on our own. The hotel itself is terrific. It is brand new and close to the airport. It has very tight security, very clean facilities and good beds. The decor is cheerful( based on cartoon characters of a red fox). We enjoyed the dining room for dinner and breakfast. Very nice Indian food. The hotel employs people with disabilities (10% of the staff in each department). We were really impressed. The price point is excellent as well. Checkout is noon but we kept our room until 6:00pm for an additional $10!

Room Tip: Seemed like a quiet hotel everywhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ilene m
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Red Fox Hotel – Delhi Airport. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and we are happy to read such a delightful review from you.

Your compliments on our hospitality has also been shared with the entire team for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The team is committed to quality service and it is recognition such as yours which inspires us to deliver our best.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.dl@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Red Fox Hotel – Delhi Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I highly recommend red fox hotel. This is a new hotel at new delhi airport. Very clean and fresh. Staff are really nice and very well trained. Food is tasty and upto the mark. one suggestion is to make the wifi 24hours free. Housekeeping staff are really helpful. I will recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at Hotel Redfox and this was definitely among the most memorable hotel stay we have ever had in India. We have noticed few interesting initiative which the hotel and its staff taking towards the society. They are helping ‘specially able’ people in society to lead a better life. We found many staff working there those who are mute. During our stay we learned 3 words in sign language with the card given by the restaurant staff. Thanks for that. Overall you will have a different experience here.
Hi Redfox, please convey our regards to Arnaav (the staff with down syndrome).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vet_1985

Melbourne
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I came to stay overnight at this hotel when my China Southern Airlines flight was cancelled. We were all transported to the Red Fox Hotel for an overnight stay.

I have to say that the hotel was very efficient in getting all these disgruntled passengers to their rooms. Indians are never easy to deal with and always trying to be first in the queue!

The staff in the restaurant at breakfast were first class and the tea was one of the best cups I have ever had in India. Other people told me the capuccino was excellent too. Staff were very patient trying to get us on to the bus when some passengers were not allowed to take the first flight out.

I want to make mention of Vivek Kumar who helped me a lot to get my luggage on to the bus when everyone else was pushing and shoving around me! He was eager to please.

The hotel was very clean, functional and perfect for an overnight stop. I would never choose such a hotel to stay in Delhi, but for functionality and location, for transit passengers it is ideal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Rajsamand, India
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at hotel like a home. Staff is really supportive and understanding. Staff know the guest needs. The service was the best in f&b service and f/o. The best part of hotel is the location, staff and training people who cannot listen,hear and speak.. It was just a heart touching feeling... Giving a chance to them for their future is the best wrk they are doing at hotel itself...I hv ever seen this happening into the hotels...hats off to all of u ...Value for money !!!! And true devotation towards work ..staff is really put in their efforts to maintain the standards ..... From security, service, f/o & kitchen...Happy chaps of redfox are lalit, shantanu, lian, meena, arun,vivek,arush,and whole team of front office, kitchen,bar, and team f&b....kudos !!!!!!! N cheers keep up the good work !!!!!! Maintain the same in future as well and expectations are very high from the best upcoming chain of hotels..... Redfox by Lemon Tree Premier !!!!!

• Stayed March 2014

Red Fox Hotel – Delhi Airport\
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The Red Fox is in a great location--just minutes from the airport. Basic room with comfortable bed, small but adequate bathroom, coffee and tea in room with pot to boil water. Great for those early morning departures. Wake-up call was on time. Food was good. I was able to get breakfast at 5:30 am. Staff was attentive and helpful. Perfect stay for early morning departures.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Positives:
- Good location; very near the airport and the aerocity metro station if you want to reach CP in a hurry
- Staff is trying very hard
- New hotel - stuff is still clean
- Cheap!!
Negatives
- New Hotel (!) lots of things need to be broken in. Bathroom fixtures were not fixed properly, bells were not working, there were half smoked cigs and matches in one of the drawers (probably the workmen left it behind), and the window shades were not very cooperative. Incidentally, we were told that it was better to keep the shades down as the windows were not tinted or one-way and people across the atrium could see inside the room. This is a problem as the room is very claustrophobic with the shades down.
- Food was less than average.
- Staff is over-eager leading to avoidable situations like someone waking you up at 6 AM in the morning offering you bottles of water!

Overall strictly for stopovers and for short term trips. If they want people to stay for more than one night they have to do more.

Maybe some of these issues could be due to teething problems - we probably stayed in the second / third week since opening. Hope they improve a lot.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nikhil_A_Sharma, General Manager at Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport, New Delhi. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated and has been communicated to all the members of our team. I do apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Bathroom experience: we are sorry the ambience of the bathroom did not meet your expectations. At Lemon Tree we monitor our assets constantly. We have noted your observations regarding the bathroom fixtures and are already in the process of rectifying the issue.

•Room Experience: Our attempt at Lemon Tree is to ensure the hotel is fresh, crisp and clean and we have laid down our processes accordingly. We are sorry you did not feel this way. We have noted your observations and have re-briefed our Housekeeping team to strictly adhere to pre-defined procedures and maintain hygiene and freshness at all times. We assure you of a better experience on your next visit.

•Room Service: We regret the inconvenience caused to you by room service at an odd hours. We have taken your comment strictly upon us and same has been reinforced & reiterated with the housekeeping team, to avoid any inconvenience to our guests in future.

•Food quality: we are sorry you did not enjoy the food. We continuously upgrade and refresh our menus and buffet offering at our restaurants to try and ensure that customers enjoy their experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I look forward to having you stay with us in future to allow us to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.dl@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Hotel General Manager
Red Fox Hotel, Delhi Airport

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.