““Excellent”“Excellent”“Excellent””

Ranked #576 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Delhi
““Excellent”“Excellent”“Excellent””
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had 2 night stay at the Gulnar on our golden triangle tour to India. All the hotels on our tour was Good, but this is THE BEST., Again from the minute we arrived to the minute we left the staff could not do enough for us. Our room was amazing as were the facilities of the hotel. If travelling to India and to Delhi then I would definitely recommend this hotel. Thanks for a great stay

Room Tip: Front side Room For Good View
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
19 Thank avnitours
Mrinal_Upadhyay, Director of Sales at Hotel Gulnar, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Sir
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in New Delhi. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, Guest Feedback encourage us in improving our service.It is our endavour to provide you best of the services while you stay in our hotel. As our guest's satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at our hotel.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
kumar6851
Reviewed March 7, 2013

...What else can you ask for? Its not the Radisson Blu, so temper expectations accordingly

Booked through one of the online sites and it was very affordable for Delhi. Hotel Gulnar is located in Channa Market was a very good for my needs for shopping in Karol Bagh, visits to Patel Nagar, etc. Centrally located for virtually most of Delhi.

Noise level was reasonable. Food was affordable, though a bit spicy. Their Car service was reliable

Suggestions for improvement: Breakfast was included, though variety was limited. No air conditioning in the winter, but they can provide a heater if needed.The internet was very fast the first three days, but slowed to a crawl on day 3. Seemed to be an issue with their service provider.

On the whole a very good experience. Will use again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park in the round about...That's about as good as the view gets.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
20 Thank kumar6851

Madrid
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was my first hotel in India and the worst one!
All started with the 'free airport pickup'. The driver tried to charge me 200 Rupees for the airport parking. The prepaid taxi rate to the hotel is 300 Rupees. So what's the sense of this 'free' pick up.
The room smelled cigarettes. The linen was smelly, dirty, contained hair and I suspect it wasn't changed from the previous guest.The next day I changed the room (smelled way better and sheets looked clean too) but the safe was not opening. When I asked the reception to repair the safe or change the room they said no other room was available. It was clearly a lie because the hotel was empty the whole time. They also said that the safe would be repaired by 11 am. I waited till 11 but nobody came. They offered me to keep an eye on my valuables in the reception. I was reluctant ,but because I needed to leave the hotel I was forced to accept. The package contained passports, money and jewellery in a zipped pouch. On my return , when I was handed back the package I checked passports and money. Later, when I already checked out of the hotel I wanted to put on my golden chain and it was no longer in the pouch.This hotel was the only place the package was not in a hotel's safe or on me. Obviously they didn't touch anything I would need right away and would have realised soon enough they went through my package. They took one thing a tourist would be afraid to wear in the streets of Delhi, you so would realise it;s absence only later when it's impossible to prove anything.
The whole experience of this hotel was just dreadful, including the breakfast, it's restaurant meal in the evening, area it is situated.
My advise, pay a little more and you will be in a safe place, where there will be no extortion on every step of the way and where you will not risk your valuables.
Gulnar is not such a place.

Room Tip: Look through several rooms. Make sure safe works and the bed linen smells fresh and is clean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank gromegrom

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here in this hotel from 3rd March to 5th March 2013.

Pros : Room and Toilets are clean.

Cons : I had booked the hotel rooms via email almost a month back and one day before checkin I had reconfirmed my reservation via telephone call. But when I reached, I was told there is no reservation in my name.!!!! and I was told they can give me room only for the 1st and 3rd day, for the 2nd day, I need to adjust in some other hotel. Later they compensated by reduciing room rent for the 2nd day (for some other hotel) and also gave a complimentory airport drop.
Breakfast Buffet has very limited stuffs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
18 Thank Satvik K
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed February 14, 2013

A pleasant stay, within the hotel. closer to metro station. Courteous front desk manager & rest of the staff. Good food served. No hassle in early morning check out.Midsize lobby with small sitting with newspaper rack available for visitors. Key less room door entry , so better security.

Room Tip: Front Room has street light falling in the room even with curtains on.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
24 Thank Ashoak009

Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in hotel Gulnar for 2 nights in February. Purpose of trip was a visit to a international fair in Noida.
Beginning with the pros: nice location, just a 10min walk from Karol Bagh metro station. Comfortable double bed and some nice amenities (flat screen tv, coffee machine, safe deposit etc). Very good price.
Cons: although I confirmed one month ago a free pick-up service from the airport and reconfirmed it one day before arrival, nobody came to pick me up. No-one answered my phone calls so I was forced to take the airport express train. The receptionist apologized but he did not give me any official reason (fortunately my request for a drop-off service to the airport was realized).
Dirty towels, replaced next day fortunately with clear ones. Room had just one window with "view" to the first floor corridor, hence too dark and grim!
Too noisy in the night (noise coming from the kitchen in the ground floor)!
Breakfast very poor, focused mainly on Indian guests.
Resuming: mediocre quality and I can recommend it just to budget travellers

Thanos, Greece

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
26 Thank corinna_eyesore
indianapolis
Reviewed February 11, 2013

we stayed at Gulnar for 4 nights, it was by far a great decision to chose Gulnar as we find out the great customer service from belldoor men to front desk and Mr Vinod sharma who made sure we were satisfied. the room was comfortable breakfast not bad at all.
also we arranged a daily taxis to explore new, old and beyond delhi. we had a nicest drivers to show us town.
the hotel is close to connaught place, metro, and of course if you like tuk-tuk they are at the door.
overall a great stay. thanks to the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple