“Home away from home”

Bed and Chai Guest House
Ranked #23 of 1,109 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at the Bed and Chai for 3 weeks in December and had the best time. The area was very space and in close proximity to several markets as well as the metro. The Bed and Chai itself was clean and homey, a fabulous place to come home to each day. Clara, Cora and Madu will make sure you have the best stay and yummy chai every morning. Between the two balconies to watch the chaos that is Delhi and the two kitchen/living spaces, there is plenty of space to spend time outside of your own room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Meegan D

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The location is great - near M and N block market and centrally located so anything is just a 20 minutes car ride away. The place is wonderful - warm and welcoming, SUPER CLEAN, and surprisingly quiet at night. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is on a budget and wants a nice and centrally located place to stay. I stayed first in a standard room and then superior room, and both were just great (with attached bathroom). Great for people traveling alone because you get to meet people and have a nice chat over dinner. There are a couple of common rooms and kitchen for making your own meals and save some money while traveling. Much better than booking an anonymous hotel and spending the night watching TV. I will definitely come here on all my next trips to Delhi. Don't hesitate to book this place!!! And the staff is friendly and super helpful. Oh, and the decorations in the rooms and common rooms are so cute and tasteful! I really can't say enough good things about this place!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Crampini
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I ended up staying two weeks in Delhi mainly because of how comfortable Bed & Chai was and how wonderful Clara and Cora were. Without a doubt the best hostel experience I've ever had. I stayed in the dorm where the beds are more comfortable than my own bed at home and where a constant stream of interesting travelers came through, mostly staying for just a few days. I took a Hindi course at Zabaan near Kailash Colony market, just a 15 minute walk from the hostel, and took some yoga classes at the Sivananda yoga centre nearby too and it all made a really good experience in Delhi, despite Delhi's many and obvious drawbacks for the as-yet-uninitiated traveler in india that I was and still am.

Room Tip: Go for the dorm if you're traveling alone - really great beds!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank sendos
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We had an amazing stay at Bed and Chai.
- Helpful staff
- Very clean hostel
- Good breakfast
- Comfortable rooms
- Hot shower
- Great atmosphere
It truly felt like home.
Thank you!!

PS : the hostel is a bit hard to find, I recommend you to reserve a pick up from the airport!

Laura C.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was looking for a nice place that I could call home after busy and crazy days in Delhi, and B&C was just like this. Wonderful people, clean, at a nice neighborhood (far from the main spots, but more calm and peaceful). My special thanks for Madhu, that was more than a employee of the guesthouse - he's just a great guy that will do everything to make you feel home, and that became a very friend of mine.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very clean and welcoming hostel. The staff is really nice and friendly and they try to help you with anything. The only thing you should consider is that it is situated not in the center of Dehli but further outside so you'll always need to use transportation to get to the sights. It's a tad bit expensive for Indian standards but it was definetly worth it. Definetly would recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was my first trip to India (my first trip to Asia for that matter) and arriving alone in Delhi was rather difficult. My stay at Bed & Chai and the kindness and help of Clara, Cora, and Madhu really helped me. I stayed here 3 times during my 2 month trip in India, every time I was passing through Delhi on my way to another destination I made sure to come relax at Bed&Chai. The place is really small which I find very pleasant, it gives you an opportunity to easily get into contact with other travellers staying there and the wonderful owners and Madhu, the Nepalese guy that works there. The whole place is cleaned every day so it's spotless; cleanest place I've seen in all of India! The breakfast is great; fresh fruits and eggs every morning! The hostel is in a relatively (for Delhi standards) quiet neighbourhood, close to the metro station and markets.

I was staying at Bed&Chai during Holi Festival this year (2013) and the party I was going to was cancelled last minute. Clara & Cora took me with them to the Lodi Gardens to celebrate Holi with them and their French friends which was really lovely. Madhu is also a great guy, very helpful, sweet, and noble. This place may cost a little more than some others in Delhi but it is 100% worth it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo