Rather than a review this is a self assessment of the property and some details of the experiences I had over there. As a tripadvisor user I see review for two things, pros and cons so getting direct to the point. Cons have larger sentences as they also entail experiences. While reading give more weightage to the pros as they are actually small lines but have a greater priority. Cons here are rather to bring to the notice the faults (as I see) of the managers to benefits for the system and for the reader to take an informed decision.
The good ones first
1. Good Cafe for breakfast only - Great waffles and Idli.
2. Very Very clean (So much cleanliness is a rarity)
3. Very supportive Staff
4. All good material used like Daikin Ac, Samsung LCD TV's, bath fittings etc.
5. Great water force, rain shower and wash basin etc.
6. Great Wifi connection
7. Very good location - Right in front of metro station.
8. 3-4 restaurant menus available for parcel food and they allow to eat in their cafe.
9. Small but cute lounge.
10. Easy transport availability
The bad ones are higher in number and here they are
1. By no means cheap as a "room standard queen" which would barely adjust 2 people costs Rs 3160 for a day with tax. So not a less amount for so small a room. Many available in the vicinity with the same rates and far larger size.
2. All things are foreigner centric. Too bad for Indian Traveller. Its like giving us a feeling that we dont exist. The manager over there comes and personally asks you many times how was your stay etc but that feeling does not flow down the line. Just to make this point a small example. I asked in the AMICI Cafe at hotel if the food is fresh. The answer they gave is "forener khate hai to phir aapna to kya hai" "Foreigner eats this so than what about us". Very Very surprising!!!!!!
3. Too low toilet seat and very small toilet w/c fitting for some height guy or heavy person.
4. Shuttle service as offered in the website takes you to only 4 places and that too at predefined times only.
5. Free mineral water does not have normal temperature water its either cold or surprisingly. very hot.
6. No mat on floor outside bathroom. If you shower and come out the entire room ha to get wet with wet feet.
7. The position of the shower makes it impossible for a kid to stay if he is over 5-6 years as shower area is open and visible during bathing and with kids it might get difficult to shower. This is about the standard queen room.
8. Does not allow late check out. I was to take a cab at 2.00 pm and I was checked out at 11.00 with an silly excuse that a guest want to have your room only when about 70% of hotel was empty. I think its hotel policy probably so cannot blame them but when I left at 2.15 pm my room was still empty :) Also foreigners are allowed late check outs as I saw it live.
9. Do not take a Taxi from their sources. I was to go to Saket from that place and I asked the reception to order a Meru or Easycab and he asked take the local Taxi as it would charge the same. I was given a rate of Rs 500 so I refused and told to order Easycab and reached Saket for Rs. 227 only. Less than half their quoted rate!!!!!
Conclusion: Suitable for a single business traveler only with no-frills self service type hotel and not for family surely. They do not even advertise for family. Not cheap at all and at their rate they do give good service and material use in rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- bloomrooms - Link Rd is superbly located in the heart of New Delhi, opposite Jangpura Metro Station. Only 4 minutes from historic Humayun's Tomb, 5 minutes from beautiful Lodi Gardens, 6 minutes from bustling Khan Market and 7 minutes from the Pragati Maidan Exhibition Centre. All our rooms come with custom built Cloud Beds, designed for an amazing sleep and in all our bathrooms you'll find award winning Grohe rain showers and Gilchrist & Soames amenities for an all round incredible wash. Each room features a 32 inch plasma TV with a good selection of channels and an in-room digital safe to keep your valuables guarded. We also offer FREE high speed wifi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms, FREE mineral water and shuttle services- all helping you SAVE time & money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and ETB so you can book your bloomrooms @ Link Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.