“An Oasis in Delhi!”

bloomrooms @ Link Rd
Ranked #28 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Bloomrooms lived up to all its reviews! After 2 and half weeks traveling through India, it was like we found an oasis in Delhi. It was wonderful! Yes, it was clean, the staff friendly and helpful, the cafe had great coffee, the rooms quiet and comfortable, but it was finding a refuge from the hustle and bustle of Delhi that made it great. It has an European feel. There is even a nearby neighborhood where you can find great Indian restaurants and a McDonalds, if you really need one. The only item I would like to correct is that it is not across the street from the Jangpura metro stop. There is a highway between the metro stop and hotel. Once you know where you are you can walk to the metro. The hotel does have its own shuttle that has designated stops that you can use free of charge. I would recommend it to family and friends traveling to Delhi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for bloomrooms @ Link Rd

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were recommended to stay at Bloomrooms by Prashant and Ayesha Kalra of Dlehi Food Tours, and what a little oasis in the midst of New Delhi's chaos it was!
The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms spotlessly clean, the beds sooo comfy and the rooms quiet. Ahhhh. Most importantly the bathroom had all the hot water you could wish for and water pressure good enough to wash my hair thoroughly!
The cafe does nice breakfasts and coffee, all at very reasonable prices. BloomRooms does not have an on site restaurant, but this was no problem for our group of 6, as we went on a Delhi Food Tour when we stayed here and this was a much more lively and educational experience than any one restaurant we could have taken ourselves too.
I would definitely recommend staying at BloomRooms, in fact, it was the best value for money of any hotel we stayed at in India.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel. we decided to stay at Bloomrooms based purely on tripadvisor. And we were not disappointed. (our Indian friends thought we were crazy, but after hearing about our experience were really surprised and happy that change is taking place in India) The hotel is quite a standard 3* that would be typical in Scandinavia. however, for India, it must be experienced to be believed.
The service IS really good. People go extra mile to help and to make the stay as comfortable as possible. IT IS really super clean and beds are some of the most comfortable. The breakfast is very good and plentiful.The atmosphere is special and we really appreciated piece and quiet after all the hustle and bustle of the city. There are a few glitches here and there, but overall, a truly positive experience. Well done!

A couple of suggestions: a small hotel guide in each room outlining all the available services (water dispenser, shuttle, lounge etc) would be really appreciated.
Soundproofing of the rooms is a must! (the only reason for 4 stars)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. After quite a crazy ride through India, Bloomrooms was an amazing way to end the trip- beautiful, immaculately clean, wonderful staff. Many excellent reviews, but wanted to add ours anyway.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in December, and we loved it so much. Clean, new facilities, great hot shower, fluffy towels, amazing price. Also, the bed was so so comfortable. I wish they had Bloomrooms in every city in India, because it was really hard to find anything even remotely comparable for the rest of our trip.
If I were being greedy and *had* to ask for more, I would say 1. wish they had wash cloths. 2. wish there were a few more hooks on walls. 3. wish the free shuttle ran on Sundays.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The pros: I agree with previous reviews in the cleanliness and quiet atmosphere of this small and new hotel. Great free Wifi, nice cafeteria (the breakfast is not included), mineral water available at any time and friendly personnel. I stayed for a week while attending a conference at the Indian Habitat Center, 5 minutes by taxi, and had a nice rest when coming back to the hotel at night.

The cons: I booked a pick-up at the airport (three times more expensive than a taxi) and the driver was not there at the agreed time. I had to come back to the terminal, pre-pay a taxi and when I was about to take it, the driver finally appeared. Not a nice experience after 18 hour travelling....I suppose I had bad luck but when I returned to the airport, I booked a transportation again and the driver was late again (arrived at the hotel half an hour late). Fortunately, there was not much traffic at 6 am and arrived safely and on time at the airport.
Also, to pay in advance at check-in was strange for me, but it seems this is the rule there. If you have a room in the main floor close to the reception it can be quite noisy.

Four stars, not five because of the problems in the pick-up. Highly recommended. When I return to Delhi, I will come back there with no doubt, but I will not book a transportation.

Room Tip: The rooms in the first floor are the quietest but....there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Everything you need in a base - clean, very very comfortable beds, wonderful showers and friendly, happy, engaging staff.

Great lounge area with computer and speedy wifi access.

Easy access to transport, airport and centre of Delhi.

Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor quieter than ground as away from reception.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business