I love this hotel! I LOVE this hotel!!!
I spent all of the fall in India and moved through Delhi 3 different times, staying 2-9 days at BloomRooms each time. BloomRooms became my place to rest and recharge for the next leg of my trip. It is the perfect place to do so. Here is a sampling of why:
* Cleanliness: This hotel is uber-clean. The rooms, the lobby, the cafe, the grounds. This is very important to me and not always easy to find in India. Upon entry into the bright, sunny reception area, you are met with a lovely scent and a welcoming smile.
* Hot water: Tons of it. And delivered through the most divine rain-shower-head. My best showers in India -- bar none. A wondrous gift when coming off weeks on the Indian road. Add to this -- white, fluffy towels. Heaven.
* Staff: To a person -- management, front-desk, housekeeping, cafe -- so nice, so friendly, extremely helpful, always ready with a smile. All requests were met with a "Yes!" and were carried out, which isn't always the case in India. You may get the "Yes" but it may not be carried out.
* WiFi: Free and virtually uninterrupted. Enough said.
* Rooms: Comfy beds, bright decor, clean (can't say this enough), quiet, good lighting. The rooms are efficient in all the best ways. They are thoughtfully laid-out. The bathrooms are great, too.
* Cafe: They serve a nice American-style breakfast. Good cappuccino, good teas, nice sandwiches and pastries. A nice place to have tea and a snack at any time of day.
A few suggestions:
+ add masala tea to the offerings -- the authentic kind, not the tea bag kind
+ vary the menu offerings a bit
Lounge: There is a lovely lounge above the cafe where they have books (Lonely Planet guides, novels, various books about India in some way), games, music playing, a television and 2 Macs -- all for guest use. There is no lobby at this hotel and the rooms, being efficient, offer no excess space. This is the place to hang-out in at BloomRooms and it is a very nice space to do it in. You could miss it. Don't.
Location: BloomRooms is not in the heart of things, but they do have a complimentary shuttle (be sure to inquire about the schedule so you can plan accordingly), there are always auto-rickshaws available outside the gate, Jangpura Metro station is an easy walk away (daytime), and the front-desk can arrange any type of transportation you may need.
* Of note: I had a medical issue when I was there. They had a doctor on call who saw me on- sight. He was lovely and very knowledgable. The staff was available to go to the pharmacy, too. This made what could have been a challenging event, easy and easy-on-the-mind.
There is a very international vibe at BloomRooms. At the cafe, I met people from all over the world and had the opportunity to share travel tips and ideas. So valuable.
Needless to say, I will stay here again, and again, whenever I return to Delhi. The people at BloomRooms have created something unique and of value there. I am eternally grateful for such a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- bloomrooms - Link Rd is superbly located in the heart of New Delhi, opposite Jangpura Metro Station. Only 4 minutes from historic Humayun's Tomb, 5 minutes from beautiful Lodi Gardens, 6 minutes from bustling Khan Market and 7 minutes from the Pragati Maidan Exhibition Centre. All our rooms come with custom built Cloud Beds, designed for an amazing sleep and in all our bathrooms you'll find award winning Grohe rain showers and Gilchrist & Soames amenities for an all round incredible wash. Each room features a 32 inch plasma TV with a good selection of channels and an in-room digital safe to keep your valuables guarded. We also offer FREE high speed wifi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms, FREE mineral water and shuttle services- all helping you SAVE time & money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your bloomrooms @ Link Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.