“Wow”

bloomrooms @ Link Rd
Ranked #29 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
“Wow”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

After staying at 8 different hotels in 7 cities in India, this was an incredible discovery.

I'm happy this is a new hotel (staff said had been open less than a month) otherwise I would not have forgiven myself for not discovering it sooner.

The place is a creative mix of a top quality boutique and an affluent house. They've gone simple and modern and the yellow everywhere is surprisingly quite soothing.

The top 5 things for me:

1. Incredible bed. I mean this. This is one of the top 3 beds I have ever slept on. Didn't think it was possible for an Indian (or other emerging market) hotel to do this. When I asked, they didn't really tell me where the mattresses were from, but I'm assuming management splurged on the best. Yes, I admit, I took the covers off, but could not find a brand.

2. Clean - maybe this is because the place was new, but it's just so super clean. Never seen anything close to it in anything other than a fastidious four seasons (not all are so clean). I'd want to come back once it's been open a year to really make this claim.

3. Shower - Gilchrist and Soames! Really? At this price?? Makes me think the owners are British, which would not surprise me one bit. G&S is a bit old fashioned, but it's high quality so am not complaining too much. After the glycerine soap at several lemon trees and ibises, this was heaven.

4. Breakfast - this was the wow part for me. I expected the usual limp overdone buffett. This was crisp. The fruit was fresh, the eggs were done just right. No fresh juice though, a bit of a bummer.

5. Map - they have this really quirky and informative map of the surroundings, which really helped me find where I was going. Delhi can be a bit confusing but the map is so well done, I had no trouble finding the metro, the markets etc.

If you're doing to Delhi, don't think again. Have stayed everywhere, this is the best place currently. It's new so don't know how it looks a year from now, but for now #1 in my book.

Asked them if they were opening hotels elsewhere and they nodded but no details.

Room Tip: I stayed in a standard queen.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank ratherbeplaying18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Mumbai
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

If you want clean well located and quiet, this place works. However we were surprised that they didn't offer an airport pick up. On asking we were told to take a cab? ?
Also the cafe doesn't have a dinner, so you have to head out for a proper meal.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank DominiqueFitz
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Hi Dominique,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Please accept our apologies, we are very sorry to hear you were not offered an airport pick-up as we can actually arrange this if given prior notice - we will speak to the bloomrooms @ Link Rd, New Delhi Team and find out why this happened - if you had requested an airport pick-up it should have been arranged. In the near future we will be including airport pick-up as an additional item on the website so you can book your pick-up when you book your room.

We have also taken your comments regarding a hot dinner on board and we do hope in the near future that our Amici Cafe will be able to offer a selection of hot dinner options. If you have some suggestions regarding the type of meals you would prefer we would be really interested to hear them - please email us at wearelistening@bloomrooms.com

Thank you for staying with us and we really hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,

The Team
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of days and its just superb. The place is perfectly clean and staffs are really nice.They also have a fast wifi and a cozy cafe right beside. I strongly recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Chanchane
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Bloomrooms provides the perfect combination of a business hotel and a family-like feel. The hotel is cute and cozy with an extremely friendly staff. Its situated in teh heart of the city being a short drive away from most business centers and shopping destinations. Its also a 5 minute walk from a small market for most of your basic needs. A very innovative and helpful map is available at the reception.
I had great sleep on both nights and a great beginning to my days with the excellent shower and yummy breakfast! Must try: Blueberry muffins at Amici Cafe

Room Tip: If sharing a room with friends or business partners, make sure to check you are not getting a room w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Pallavi K
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

A smart hotel by smart people. My stay at Bloomrooms was really comfortable - clean room,crisp linen,the 'cloud' bed , the fresh start of nxt day with the amazing smooth strong coffee at their Amici cafe nudge me for more !

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank manibunnydewan
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It was absolutely a pleasure to stay at Bloomrooms. Nice clean well appointed rooms, with good water pressure. Its got everything, wifi, lockers, hourly drop-off on the bloom mobile, 30 steps to the metro station, mcdollalds @ 40 steps away, a cafe with excellant quick food. Wonderful beds and linens!

A big thank you to all the staff, simply superb!

Sad to say i found a pernament place to stay!

Room Tip: room 104 for the singles out there!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashwin M
Singapore
Reviewed July 15, 2012

New place in delhi. Think it just opened when I was there .... Suggested by a local friend.
Net access was free and very fast. Quick check in which was great and the hotel chaps were friendly and efficient. Considering what I'd hear about Delhi the highlight was that the place was CLEAN as a whistle !

I'd recommend the hotel to folks traveling on business. Hamayuns monument (similar to the Taj mahal) is next door but I didnt get to go.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the Cloud bed !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business