After staying at 8 different hotels in 7 cities in India, this was an incredible discovery.
I'm happy this is a new hotel (staff said had been open less than a month) otherwise I would not have forgiven myself for not discovering it sooner.
The place is a creative mix of a top quality boutique and an affluent house. They've gone simple and modern and the yellow everywhere is surprisingly quite soothing.
The top 5 things for me:
1. Incredible bed. I mean this. This is one of the top 3 beds I have ever slept on. Didn't think it was possible for an Indian (or other emerging market) hotel to do this. When I asked, they didn't really tell me where the mattresses were from, but I'm assuming management splurged on the best. Yes, I admit, I took the covers off, but could not find a brand.
2. Clean - maybe this is because the place was new, but it's just so super clean. Never seen anything close to it in anything other than a fastidious four seasons (not all are so clean). I'd want to come back once it's been open a year to really make this claim.
3. Shower - Gilchrist and Soames! Really? At this price?? Makes me think the owners are British, which would not surprise me one bit. G&S is a bit old fashioned, but it's high quality so am not complaining too much. After the glycerine soap at several lemon trees and ibises, this was heaven.
4. Breakfast - this was the wow part for me. I expected the usual limp overdone buffett. This was crisp. The fruit was fresh, the eggs were done just right. No fresh juice though, a bit of a bummer.
5. Map - they have this really quirky and informative map of the surroundings, which really helped me find where I was going. Delhi can be a bit confusing but the map is so well done, I had no trouble finding the metro, the markets etc.
If you're doing to Delhi, don't think again. Have stayed everywhere, this is the best place currently. It's new so don't know how it looks a year from now, but for now #1 in my book.
Asked them if they were opening hotels elsewhere and they nodded but no details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- bloomrooms - Link Rd is superbly located in the heart of New Delhi, opposite Jangpura Metro Station. Only 4 minutes from historic Humayun's Tomb, 5 minutes from beautiful Lodi Gardens, 6 minutes from bustling Khan Market and 7 minutes from the Pragati Maidan Exhibition Centre. All our rooms come with custom built Cloud Beds, designed for an amazing sleep and in all our bathrooms you'll find award winning Grohe rain showers and Gilchrist & Soames amenities for an all round incredible wash. Each room features a 32 inch plasma TV with a good selection of channels and an in-room digital safe to keep your valuables guarded. We also offer FREE high speed wifi throughout the hotel and in all guest rooms, FREE mineral water and shuttle services- all helping you SAVE time & money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your bloomrooms @ Link Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.