“welldone Mr. Cousin and Thank you !”
Review of Rara Avis

Rara Avis
Ranked #525 of 12,580 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: French, European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tehran, Iran
“welldone Mr. Cousin and Thank you !”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Until this moment we have eaten twice at Rivers ' cafe who belongs to Mr. Cousin

and I am sure we 'll go there again and again .

He ' s the one who knows how to manage a restaurant . We feel it each time we went to river 's cafe .
I ' ll go to Raea Avis as soon as I go to Delhi .
I am sure I will come back to beautiful india so I have decided to go to Rara Avis too .

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank l-shv

Los Angeles, California
“Authentic, delicious, and relaxing!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a restaurant that has put it all together nicely! Attentive, yet respectful service, reasonably sized portions, authentic continental cuisine prepared by local chefs, and an environment that provides a pleasant respite from the city. It's definitely a bit of a splurge for a full dinner, but not outrageous. Both my spouse and I are vegetarians as well, and we felt very well taken care of with good options on the menu.

Bengaluru, India
“Great French food at an affordable cost”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I visited Rara Avis with a friend. In the past French food in India has proved to be expensive . Rara Avis was an exception. The partner a charming Frenchman Laurent gave us great personalized service. Staff were well trained and certainly knew their wines. Portions were just right .We had the chicken in mushroom sauce-you could taste the butter in the sauce and I would recommend it. The French onion soup is customized for Indian palates and the bread was delicious .Ambience and interiors were interesting. You can sit for a long time and there is no pressure to order or to leave. Great for an evening out.

• Visited May 2014
New Delhi, India
“A lovely French experience!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to a special evening at Rara Avis for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised with the beautiful ambience, indoors and especially the terrace seating...a view to remind oneself that one is still in Delhi!! Monsieur Laurent J.G. Guiraud himself welcomed and showed us our place. We did a vegetarian dinner with pumpkin ravioli, spinach and cheese crepes - both were served to perfection! The mint lemon mocktail was delicious as was the lemon tart meringue with a strong lemon flavoured sorbet. Staff were courteous and the food was hot and served with no unusual delay. Couldn't help but smile at the lift of yesteryear! We definitely would look forward to more visits and try out more items on the menu. All in all it was a very French experience which we so enjoyed!

• Visited May 2014
Kathmandu
“Parfait!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Having spent a lot of time in France (I am from the US), my expectations for this restaurant were modest. That is to say, I could not anticipate such authenticity in Delhi. Rara Avis, however, exceeded all my expectations and offered a very special experience. I had the escargot and confit de canard, both of which were superb. It took me right back to fond memories from France -- to my childhood, when I still remember the first time I had the same exact meal with my late mother. The staff is very friendly and unpretentious. The ambience is cozy, chic, and has just the right balance of elegance and comfort. Would definitely recommend to anyone. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2014