“Business Hotel in West Delhi near Airport” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sarovar Portico Naraina

Sarovar Portico Naraina
Ranked #189 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Business Hotel in West Delhi near Airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel is well maintained and appears fresh and new amist the industrial surroundings of Naraina and Kirti Nagar . Situated right on the Ring Road in Naraina it takes 30 minutes to reach Delhi Airport T3 and 20 min to reach the low cost terminal. The restaurant is good has a limited food items and the taste is good. They offer complimentary breakfast.It is ideal for business travellers and also for transit passengers due to the proximity of the airport. Its easy to commute as it is right on the Ring road which is the life line of Delhi. The room service is efficient and the room ambience is really very good matching any 4 star hotels. The sleep is confortable too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank enbeeyes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms were average, clean but somewhat basic. While the breakfast buffet, and it's staff, were impressive the room service left a lot to be desired. Aside from issues with the staff being reticent to help us with taxis and sightseeing few tuk tuk or taxi drivers knew where the hotel was and overcharged us almost every time. Not a place I would recommend.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tes17
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon arrival to the hotel, 3 out of the 7 rooms our group were presented with dirty sheets. We requested them to be changed and had to wait 20 minutes before the moody member of staff begrudgingly changed the sheets, He then stood there for another 5 minutes in our room expecting a tip even though it was a mistake on their behalf! Then the next day, a member of our group noticed that 2000 rupees and £60 had been stolen from her purse. We requested the CCTV and they only presented us with the cd on the evening of our last night, hoping that we wouldnt take the time to watch it. However, we stayed in that night and watched it on their hotel computer, and managed to catch a member of staff letting themselves into the room with the room key card whilst we were all out at the shop, and then sneaking back out with the money. When i confronted the hotel staff, they were all claiming not to know who the staff were although his face was clearly visible on the recording. I told them i was able to identify the man as i had seen him several times around the hotel. Only after shouting, threatening to sue the hotel and replaying the video for around 2 hours, the senior manager apologized and gave the money back. He also insisted that the member of staff would be fired. I do not believe this, it seems to me that they were all working together and trying to cover their backs, I would not recommend staying here, as the staff are able to let themselves into womens rooms and steal whatever valuables they can find. Avoid at all costs, and if you do choose to stay here, keep your valuables with you at all times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jade S
Nishant S, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Naraina, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sarovar Portico, Naraina New Delhi for your stay . I regret that you were faced with inconveniences in regard to housekeeping services and money missing issues. My heartiest apologies for the same. It was done wrongly and I assure that it will not be repeated again.

All of us at Sarovar portico, Naraina are dedicated to providing you with the finest service possible and your feedback helps us to evaluate whether we are succeeding.

Our aim is always to exceed your expectations and your suggestions will definitely be followed up by the management team.

I appreciate your taking the time to assist us. I assure you that your comments have been paid our full attention.

I hope we will soon be able to welcome you and your client, back to Sarovar Portico Naraina, New Delhi.

With my best regards,
Nishant

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I want to bring something important to your notice that i am a corporate client of Sorovar hotels (Naraina) is promising beyond its limits and during the stay when I ordered dinner at 11:30 pm (first of all there was no one picking up the telephone for room service and when I called up reception & room service there was menu offered which was couple of items (sandwitches etc…) and later with lot of pursuance finally they delivered rice and dal.
If you are looking for late dinner then this place is not the right one because what they promise for room service is not served. Just imagine that this is there service to corporate client how would they behave with regular client.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean but not expect any view from the rooms, as there is nothing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drsachinrustagi
Nishant S, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Naraina, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Sir,
Greetings from sarovar portico naraina !!!!!

We apologized for the inconvenience and as we promised this will never happen again. We have taken your feedback very positively and assure best of the services henceforth.
once again I would like to thanks for your kind support given to us and will be honored to serve you again and again.

Thanks and Personal Regards,
Nishant kumar sinha.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I happened to forget my passport and US $ in a safe after I checked out of this hotel. The staff called me and kept all my belongings intact. I truly appreciated the honesty as I was an international tourist and losing a passport would really complicate my stay in India. Moreover, they were nice enough to scan my passport and visa and mailed it over when I needed it for my other hotel booking. Great experience! Other than that, the rooms were nice and clean, and the breakfast selection was great. Also, the service was really quick when we needed to call about tv. I sincerely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

It is value for money . Apt for Business travellers . The staff is very courtesous .

It is centrally located , it is not a Huge property , but good enough to be in .

Have had comfortable several stays in the property .

Thanks...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel total 3 nights - 2 different rooms. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were nice with the waiting staff going out of their way to help. The rooms are fairly small but modern and comfortable with tea and coffee facilities and bottled water. However, the rooms are a little dirty-nothing too problematic (but the worst of all 5 hotels I stayed in whilst in India) and soundproofing between rooms isnt great. One room I stayed in, the shower flooded the bathroom. The location also wasnt great for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
#88 of 706 in New Delhi
Hotel Palm Springs Medi Spa & Stays
Park Inn Gurgaon
Park Inn Gurgaon
#46 of 227 in Gurugram (Gurgaon)

Been to Sarovar Portico Naraina? Share your experiences!