“Depends on the day and the room”
Review of Jukaso Inn

Jukaso Inn
Ranked #661 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed March 13, 2007

DON'T TAKE ROOM 216. We were touring Rajasthan and our tour company used this hotel as the start/end point. We got aforementioned room first off - small, internal, no hairdryer (obliging house handyman hardwired one into the wall!), stuffy and claustrophobic.
When we returned our guide had a heated conversation (in Hindi) with the sometimes-surly front desk staff, and we ended up with a significantly better room the second time.
Others in our group had better impressions - seemed to depend on the rooms, which vary widely - but all thought it was very expensive for what it was. But that's Delhi!
The breakfast was good, and the location is good for sightseeing and shopping. We enjoyed the Sweets Corner cafe at the nearby shops.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tongi

Reviewed February 11, 2007

Isn't it somewhat disconcerting when, as a surfer on tripadvisor.com, you read a diverse range of opinions on a particular hotel of interest which confuses you even more; at least that's what I found when reading the reviews of the Jukaso Inn Hotel from others below.

My partner and I travel as often as we can, typically two trips per month, and we try to vary our destinations as much as possible. This time round we decided on a 10-day trip to India with our first destination being New Delhi. I was staying with a friend for the first night which afforded me the luxury of searching for accommodation while in the city.

We rang around a few of the big hotel chains; most were either way over budget (at something like £170 a night) or others didn't have availability on some of the nights we required. I always arrange accommodation in advance of a trip but this trip was a little last minute and with my first night's accommodation assured, I felt confident of finding somewhere upon my arrival.

I got the name of the Jukaso Inn Hotel from the latest lonelyplanet India guide; ranked as one of the best midrange hotels I called the hotel direct to enquire about accommodation. Confirming that they had dates available for our stay I hopped in a taxi and headed down to the hotel to check it out before confirming the reservation with them.

The hotel is very well located in Connaught Place located on Radial 6 at a corner between the outer and inner circle; the area directly outside the hotel is similar to pretty much every other area of Connaught Place we had seen; grimy; dirty with strong odours of urine and sweat.

The glass door was opened for me by a doorman and the hotel receptionist seemed friendly; I asked to see one of the rooms and the doorman escorted me up some marble stairs to the first floor and then in to room 110. As other reviewers comment; the rooms are basic; bed; dressing table; fridge and flat screen LCD TV (showing around 4-5 English speaking channels per day). What I was content with was the bathroom and the general look and feel of the place. I have stayed in some beautiful hotels around the world and whilst clearly not on a par with those I was satisfied that I couldn't do much better for £43 a night (I negotiated a 10% discount).

My first night at the hotel was uncomfortable; a combination of jet lag and a dreadful mattress kept me awake until 5am. However that morning, while making my way back to reception, I noticed that room 109 had its door open after being cleaned and, after testing out the mattress, I asked to be moved. This room seemed just as good but the bathroom was smaller. We had an excellent sleep that night and felt refreshed the next morning. Our stay consisted of 7 nights in total but we did stagger these nights while we visited some other areas of northern India (leaving some extra luggage securely with them).

One thing I can say is that all the rooms are very different in size; our final room; 102, was the biggest and nicest although the shower was not as powerful as we would have liked. We did get fresh towels every day; they do have a 24-hour room service facility, house keeping seemed to be good; their laundry service is cheap and effective; there are plenty of auto-rickshaws outside (day and night) and staff seemed reasonably friendly.

A few negatives include being woken at 4am to return a loaned iron from reception, dirty straws provided with bottled drinks and windows are tricky to open with few decent views.

I didn't find this hotel particularly great; but it served the purpose of our stay (somewhere cheap, clean and local). We walked past a few of the other hotels including Hotel 55 and Alka Annexe in the outer circle but we did notice that after midnight the outer circle of Connaught Place becomes deserted and we found ourselves looking over our shoulders frequently while we were there.

If you do stay in Connaught Place check out QBR and United Coffee House around the corner but for extra points head down to The Imperial for drinks and dinner.

Muneesh

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Mooshk
JukasoInnDelhi, General Manager at Jukaso Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! We are always thrilled to hear from guests about their stay with us and always try our level best to improve according to their suggestions. However, On behalf of our entire staff at Jukaso Inn we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We have our improved our all services and got renovation recently. We know how important time on vacation can be, and always want to provide well experiences. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Jukaso Inn, New Delhi again soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2006

THE STAFF IS RUDE, COULD CARE LESS IF YOU ARE THERE OR NOT, street touts are more helpful! We were looking for a nice hotel in Connaught Place and decided to go upscale at the Jukaso. They have raised their rates this fall from 2500 rupees a night to 4000 rupees a night for a double. What a joke, the rooms are tiny, the windows don't open. The carpets and bathroom were disgusting and smelled like a stale cigarette and urine. The bed was like sleeping on jello it was so old and soft. My wife and I kept bumping into each other in the middle of the bed. And the shower was dirty and sprayed everywhere. The only nice thing in the room was the flat screen TV, but the cable is so old and bad that the flat screen isn't any better than a regular TV, still fuzzy. We moved to Hotel 55 the next day out of disgust. The rooms are bigger, the staff is so friendly and the rate isn't so bad.

Doug

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank hopemaru

A TripAdvisor Member
India
Reviewed February 14, 2006

I stayed at this hotel in a delux DB room for a nite and can only find one +ve aspect of the room The plasma screen T.V. The room was the smallest hotel room i've ever visited and the bathroom just adds to this, it's the weirdest one i ever saw having a almost feet high partition slabs erected around the bathing area(jus 4 sq.feet) for preventing water to flow. you can get good hotels at same price,

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed July 3, 2005

Hello there! Visited Jukaso Inn, Sunder Nagar in May 2005.
Best location! Secure place! Clean, nice decorated rooms with all facilities of a 3 Star Hotel. No problems with the AC’s (42 Degrees outside/inside coool!) Great place to relax and to shop nearby (Connaught Place). Definitely, a place to recommend, specially for single female travelers!
Carine, 45 years,

7  Thank Carine

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! We are always thrilled to hear that guests had great stays with us. We know how important time on vacation can be, and always want to provide best experiences. Hopefully your travels bring you back to Jukaso Inn, New Delhi again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Lausanne
Reviewed June 27, 2005

Stayed there with my family. Very neat, clean and safe hotel. The European Union Delhi office is on the premises.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed March 13, 2005

2 weeks ago I had to travel to Delhi, so our Indian counterparts booked for us in the Jukaso Inn. I had very little time to read any reviews before travelling. But after staying their one night (actually less than 8 hours) I decided to check out immediately and look for any other decent hotel. Now I can confirm every single word mentioned for this hotel by other travellers. Its really a very bad choice! They got the gots to charge me 60 Euros/night! I would pay 100 Euro not to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2005, traveled on business