“Great Place to Stay in Heart of New Delhi - Checkout Issues”
Review of Jukaso Inn

Jukaso Inn
Ranked #628 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Middletown, NJ
“Great Place to Stay in Heart of New Delhi - Checkout Issues”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed at the Jukaso Inn and I cannot find any faults with this place with their accomodations. We stayed in a suite and let me tell you, I felt like I was living in the lap of luxary.. The location of this hotel is excellent and the service is excellent. I cannot say one negative thing about the service. The managers and the people servicing the hotel always smiled and offered help.

The daily free breakfast was a treat, the servers were very pleasing and the food was nice from both a western perspective as well as Indian Dishes at breakfast.. What a treat!

I just think this hotel is overpriced for the location. It cost us $200 per nite and that is kind of steep for a family of 4. All other hotels wanted us to get 2 rooms but the suite we got could have accomodated 6 to people easily. .very spacious and the flat panel with DVD was the icing on the cake for me.

The only problem I had was with Checkout.. We were charged with laundry that was for another room and it took them over 30 minutes to clean up the mess. Additionally, they seem to have limited outgoing lines for credit card validation and this is created more delays. Took me over 40 minutes to check out! outrageous. They lost a star from my rating for this issue.

I will stay here again when in New Delhi without hesitation. I would have given this Hotel 5 stars overall, but I'm taking away one star for the checkout inconvenience. Otherwise, if you need to stay in a nice charming, quiet, well maintained hotel, I would recommend this hotel without a doubt!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 2, 2010

A friend booked me at this hotel as I was visiting him and he happens to stay nearby this hotel. The room was decently set-up but the maintainence is a big zero. Stayed there for three-four days. Immediatedly after checking in we pointed out,
a. a damp smell outside the room
b. very disapointingly, the first thing we saw at room entry was a sofa with a huge stain.
c. chipping of wall paint with dampness.
We brought all these points to the notice of the manager on duty (at night) who immediateldy suggested I write a complaint. Immediatedly wrote down all the points for the manager, and much to my dissapointment, forget a doing anything about it, during the stay of four days, not even once did the management acknowledge the problems or offer to change the room, which was even more surprising as the hotel really didnt look full at all. The person who had done the booking, even called for the manager who refused to come on the phone. The management really doesn't care about its guests and I think they have many "contracts" but a piece of advice to the manager, if he is reading this -- remember, customer is king, even more so in hospitality. Either change your attitude or eventually people will find out. You have all the contact details, be a bit more professional, and respond to what customers have to say.

The only reason I put up with this was as the location was great, next door to my friend whom I was visiting. There are many other hotels also in the same locality and maybe next time I shall explore those.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Anubhav N

Travelers are raving about these New Delhi hotels

Hayward, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Jukaso Inn is situated on the frontage road side of an upper crust gated community within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Walk to India Gate, but take a tuk tuk or taxi to reach the other parts of the city.
Check in was simple and efficient although I did overhear a lady arguing with the staff about her online reservation. She had been confirmed the room and rate prior to arriving but once checked in, her rate was higher than quoted.
I was given the last room on site, which I believed as I had been searching other hotels for an hour prior to stumbling upon Jukaso. The room was small but clean, bed was comfortable. The toilet did not work properly as well as the A/C. I called regarding both issues, the A/C was going as well as it was going to. The bathroom was something I lived with for the night as the repairman sent was not able to give a quick fix. The wireless internet was either not working or I wasn’t able to access it on my Mac until the next morning when I was allowed to go upstairs into their office and connect via ethernet.
Breakfast is available in lobby restaurant but don’t expect much. The menu may have changed by now, this was 2006. For the money spent, why not wait and pick up something in town.
The hotel is geared for business travelers and moderate range tourists. Overall the interior decor and room were plenty good and I would stay there again based on the 2006 rates. I see the rates are now well into the $150+ range.

Chris
www.fullstopindia.com

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
Bhopal
Reviewed June 2, 2009

The hotel had a bad location. the rooms were small and dirty. there was not response from the room service. I had to call thrice to get myself a working TV remote. The bathrooms were dirty and had water dripping in from the air conditioners. you can get a much better hotel for the same price in a much better location in New Delhi. The room interiors are bad and the bedsheets had stains. The floor was dirty and had spots.
the only good thing about this hotel was the wireless internet access which was free.

• Liked — Free internet access
  • Disliked — The dirty bathrooms
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Ankit_Saxena
sandeep123
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Staff and front desk response was good.Away from shopping area.Located in residential area.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Bit surprised by the previous negative review.
I reached the hotel in Sunder Nagar around 11pm without reservation and was kindly offered double room at 3,500Rs per night including tax and breakfast. After 5 minutes settled in the room, I received complimentary apple, banana and cookies.
The hotel itself was renovated months ago. The reception area was beautiful and elegant; the room I stayed was not roomy but quiet, clean and comfortable; the staffs were helpful and friendly.
The hotel was lovely and the service I received was excellent. Its great value for money and I'm so blessed with all kindness I accepted during my stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iloveindia123
USA
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Small rooms, poor fixtures, electrical sparks when inserting a plug, central air, unable to control temp or flow in room due to corroded equipment, coffee maker dirty, cheap and old. Breakfast is fair, employees are nice, way over priced @ 7000 rupees $175 per night.
In Los Angees I would only accept this kind of room in a dire emergency and pay no more than $50/night

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The room quality
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business