“Comfortable stay in a good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Uppal Hotel - an Ecotel Hotel

You added The Uppal Hotel - an Ecotel Hotel to your Saves list
The Uppal Hotel - an Ecotel Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   National Highway 8 | Near the Igi Airport, On Dwarka-Samalkha Link Road, New Delhi 37, India   |
Ranked #88 of 691 Hotels in New Delhi
Sheerness, United Kingdom
“Comfortable stay in a good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A good hotel near IGI Airport.Check in was smooth without any hitch.Staff overall were very helpful and obliging.Saw the hotel manager several times both in the lobby and the breakfast room checking on the food and the staff and interacting with the guests.We were in a group attending a family wedding and very pleased with the services provided.Room size was good and the bed comfortable.Breakfast and buffet lunch was varied and tasty.Over all had a good comfortable three days stay in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank diljituppal
CVERMA, Front Office Manager at The Uppal Hotel - an Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Diljit Uppal,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out to place the review in regards to your recent stay for 03 Night during the Wedding.

It was indeed our pleasure to serve the entire wedding group. we were especially delighted to read your positive comments you made about the Team and the Services. I had shared the review with the entire team; they are truly inspired by your comments and really happy to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

It was really pleasure to serve you, should your travel plan brings you to New Delhi; please do not hesitate to write us your reservation.

We look forward to Welcome you again at The Uppal, New Delhi.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed at the the Uppal for two nights before our flight from Delhi to London. The service and quality of food were both excellent. They have a garden, a small golf course and an outdoor pool. The front office manager Chetan Verma was particularly helpful in making sure we were well taken care of (organizing taxi rides etc.). I would recommend this hotel if you want an affordable, pleasant and clean place to stay near the airport. I particularly enjoyed the diverse food selections in both the breakfast and dinner buffet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank raman s
Dear Mrs & Mr. Raman,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out to place the review in regards to your recent stay for 03 nights.

We were especially delighted to read your positive comments you made about the Team and the Services. I had shared the review with the entire team; they are truly inspired by your comments and really happy to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

We look forward to Welcome you again at The Uppal - New Delhi.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

When I was told that I was going to be working in Gurgaon India for a month (June 2014) my first concern was where would I be staying? I wanted somewhere comfortable, where there were a wide variety of foods both Indian cuisine but also occidental. Looking at the hotel’s reviews was not an easy task as most of them had both positives and negatives points and people stayed for relatively short duration (1 or 2 nights).
I’ve decided to stay at the Uppal Hotel; it was at proximity of work (5.7Km) and from the pictures and reviews looked decent. However, my primary concern was the proximity of the airport (Terminal 3 runway), especially when looking at Google Map. I’m please to say that in the rooms you hear nothing! I was in room 231. The room is very spacious and clean. The mattress is very comfortable.
The food selection at breakfast was great always presenting something new (pancakes, pineapple French toast, egg Benedict, frittata, scramble eggs, chicken satay, bacon, chicken sausages etc… and a wide range of Indian dishes. There was also an egg station where you can ask for any type of eggs. They had daily fresh pastry and breads, a wide selection of cereals (6 kinds). Always 3 types of jus (orange, pineapple, mango, mango lassi, strawberry lassi, vanilla lassi, cold coffee, letches, etc…) were the selection changed daily. I also had some of my dinner a la carte and it was always well presented and very tasty!
The grounds were well manicured, all the trees well-trimmed, and very nice bid swimming pool (that is only 3ft deep, perfect for children!).
At one point in these first two weeks I experienced internet issues. I couldn’t get the connectivity in my room. The IT personnel and management worked very hard trying to solve it.
The staff always greets you with a smile when you leave and come back and are always very helpful. This was specially recognized with Mr. Ravinder and Mr. Ravi, both are Duty Managers. Mr. Ravi was always smiling and helpful in setting any special arrangement I would need (transportation, food, etc...)
Mr. Ravinder was unbelievable! On my second weekend in India I’ve decided to go to Singapore and Malaysia to see friends. Mr. Ravinder organized the transportation from the hotel to airport and back. He kept in touch throughout the trip making sure I met my correspondence and that I arrived safely. He notified me that my room was changed and provided me the new room number ahead of time so that when I arrived at the reception that Sunday night I had all the information. He truly went beyond his duty! Their commitment to help and assist the hotel guess is undisputable. They are always very polite and professional. Both Mr. Ravinder and Mr. Ravi are great assets to the Uppal Hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Rob T
CVERMA, Front Office Manager at The Uppal Hotel - an Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay at The Uppal!

Your positive feedback is a source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service and care. I am glad that you found all the facilities and services to your liking and I would like to thank you for your generous description of the same. It is indeed a pleasure to note that this stay was all that you wished for and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

It is truly inspiring to learn that our associates could go that extra mile to deliver excellence in their services and we thank you for appreciating this. They will be glad to know that their services could add value to your stay.

We hope to see you soon again. And thank you again for taking out time for sharing your feedback.

warm regards
Manica, Mozambique
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Restaurant Manager should be FIRED immediately. Worst service ever experienced in any restaurant. The staff did not even bother to take the order and to serve the water and conveniently forgot the order and served food/drinks in dirty plates/glasses (with gravy finger prints) . Even after complaining twice- once in the restaurant and second at the reception nothing changed. Finally, left the restaurant without the food or drinks :(

Surprisingly apart from the restaurant staff rest of the staff was quite efficient and courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Abhishek20140402
CVERMA, Front Office Manager at The Uppal Hotel - an Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Mr. Abhishek,

Thank you for taking time and posting a review on TripAdvisor.

Kindly accept our apology for the dissatisfaction and inconvenience caused to while you were at Bonitos.

We have taken your feedback seriously with the concerned teams for a review of our operating procedures and immediate corrective action thereof. Much as we strive to serve our valued customers with highest and consistent standards of service, we regret that we have not been able to measure up to your expectations this time. May we request you to consider this as an aberration not reflective of our regular service standards and not to let this be an indelible perception.

We would certainly make the necessary amendments in this respective area so as to let our valued customers have a pleasant experience always and maintain confidence in the services of our hotel.

Your appreciations are a generous source of motivation and encouragement for us to continue offering superior value and consistent service to all our customers.

We hope you will not hold this experience against us and will offer us another opportunity to look after you in a manner that you expect and so rightfully deserve.

With renewed apologies,

warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Hi Uppal Team,Well done & we have enjoyed our stay and food.Please keep it up . Definitely I will suggest all my friends who are looking to stay in Delhi to stay with you all. Team is very helpful and ready to help.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank SMadhavanS
CVERMA, Front Office Manager at The Uppal Hotel - an Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Sinesh,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out to place the review in regards to your recent stay.

Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's near the airport and has great garden. I think that the hotel is not famous for taxi drivers in Delhi Airport...I could not open the window in the room. Bath is good enough size for me and good hot water.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomo000
CVERMA, Front Office Manager at The Uppal Hotel - an Ecotel Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Chandigarh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Be careful in case you select this hotel for transit and have to travel late at night, as it is on a very deserted road and does not feel safe. No problem with the hotel itself, just the location. Though it is only 15 min drive from the airport, but in the middle of no where on the Dwarka road.

The rooms are well appointed and biotique toiletries are wonderful. Excellent breakfast spread. The hotel gardens make it a very peaceful and relaxing oasis.

I stayed here for one night, but was traveling with colleagues in a group, so did not mind the late night check in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank kguneet
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to place the review in regards to your recent stay.
The Hotel is located on NH - Dwarka link Road, just 400 Metres away from NH-8. we really respect your concern.

We were especially delighted to read your positive comments you made about the Rooms, Breakfast and the Greenery. I had shared the review with the entire Team and were really happy to note that your liked the property.