“Average Hotel, Poor service”
Review of Hotel Ajanta

Hotel Ajanta
Ranked #61 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Its a budget hotel located in congested and shady Pahargunj area.
Breakfast was included in the package. Room was clean. Room decor was decent.

Geyser or hot water wasnt available in the bathroom. On the second day of my stay, room cleaning people took away the towels without replacing them with the fresh ones.
I didnt find my toothbrush in the washroom after I came back to the hotel. However even after complaining, I havent got any towel from the hotel for two days.
First day, in the middle of the night, I thought someone was banging on my door. To my surprise, one fine morning, there was no water supply at the washroom for half an hour.

Then I realized that when other boarders close their doors of their own room. it creates sound like that. I used to be awake every night with that sound.

At the Hotel Restaurant, they dont switch on AC, at the time of breakfast / lunch. One day, they even didnt bother to switch on fans inside the restaurant.
I also noticed, foreigners were given much attention than the Indian boarders.

Hotel staffs were with mixed behaviour. Sometimes they were polite and helpful, sometimes they were rude and ignorant.

In the room, some snacks, chocolates, fruit drinks and mineral water were kept inside the fridge.
I didnt have any idea, that they were not free.
It was also not instructed anywhere that they are not FREE.

2  Thank IndraniKG
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Foreign guests do expect extra attention and we measure up to their expectation, unfailingly, Year after year.

Stemming from your above mentioned observation, your complaints about some of services have been taken on board & we shall look it.

Whilst, mentioning we have the facilities services that match up to 4 star hotel.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at the hotel. The staff are very friendly and speak English. Everything is available at the hotel - restaurant eith room service, free internet access, taxi service, currency exchange, flight bookings n tourist packages. Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank G P
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Your “everything good” means the world to us as this is what we strive for.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was the worst experience during my stay basic things were missing ie hot water, television etc. I requested some fresh water it took 45 min after making three phone calls to the reception. I will never ever stay even if it is free.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank AsifAmir
HotelAjantaDelhi, Manager at Hotel Ajanta, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

In hospitality since over three decades we take care of our guest every which way. We have the Best possible infrastructure in our three star Hotel.

We have not been able to verify your stay with us, please communicate directly at info@hotelajanta.com or my personal mobile no. 09910-694-505.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Smooth telephonic booking for me and my wife en route from jaipur to chenai, As we arrived early morning and had to check-out next day early morning, we requested a early check-in which they helpfully agreed, was promised complementary break-fast and airport drop(in lieu of pickup). But when I checked it I was told the breakfast will be complementary only for the next day, which was disappointing as I had to catch a early morning flight.
Room was basic,clean and comfortable.Airport drop was prompt and effecient, Well stocked mini-bar. had to pay for the "Complementary" breakfast buffet , but it was very good, also the dinner was great, but a bit expensive.
Will definitely stay again,but will ensure the breakfast can be practically availed.

2  Thank Chauhan U

Dear Guest,
Glad to know it was all smooth at the Ajanta. You enjoyed the pickup service, found the room comfortable and clean and liked the breakfast.
Actually check in is at 12 noon. Since you had booked for one day, we provide one days free breakfast. We agreed to an early check in but we could not provide you two days breakfast complimentary.
Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Need to gear up a bit more to be remain on the top on the pools of hundreds hotels in this area. Compromising on tariff would ultimately affect the services & standard. My last stay was an example for many. Don't be too late now. Please see the quality of linen (towel & sheet) & overall cleaning. Shall come back next fortnight to feel the changes. Thank you.

Room Tip: Physically check the room you want to check in before signing on GRC.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Sure Sir, you are welcome back.
We assure you of our best service always.
Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Seeing other positive reviews now probably I was cheated as I booked the hotel online. Hotel is in a shady place and nothing like the pictures posted. I was made to wait for 2 long hours before checking in and given a room with 4 plain walls, completely closed and suffocating. AC was didn't work properly which made the closed room humid. TV was big and worked, bathroom was dripping, taps stained, tiles broken.
It is close to Railway station so does not face problem with business and hence the lack of hospitality.

Checked out within a day.

Room Tip: stay clear
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phunsukbangdu

Dear Guest,
We feel very disappointed to receive this.
Please mail us directly to info@hotelajanta.com so we can understand how this could be the case.
Thanks & Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2013

me and my friend was on trip, we were we tired because we could't found good hotel after long search i found HOTEL ANJANTA. this is very good hotel and service, hotel room & hotel's staffs are very helpful to us. i specially thanks to Mr. John, who gave me the discount...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you. It is our pleasure to look after all our guests well and go out of our way wherever necessary.
Thank you for your appreciation.