“Very Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
London
“Very Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2008

Anyone who has been to Delhi knows that it's hectic...well this hotel will give you a pleasant retreat.

All the staff were very helpful and courteous and even those you just passed in a hallway would always smile and say hello.

The cleanliness was good in the rooms and around the hotel. I only noticed an odd smell once lurking about the hallways on my floor and I couldn't decide if it was a rather unpleasant cleaning fluid, something more human or a mixture of both!

Food wise they have a very good Chinese restaurant on the 7th floor that has views over the city. It's pricey compared to what you could pay outside but the food does come in large portions (one dish would probably fill you up). They have a 24 hour cafe/restaurant on the ground floor which serves Indian and Continental dishes. For those that fancy a real break from the deeply tasty Indian dishes, or if you just fancy a midnight snack...they rustle up a good plate of fries which are great sandwiched between some butter naan! This cafe also doubles up as the breakfast room in the mornings where a decent buffet breakfast is served up with a good range of Indian and Continental. There is a small coffee shop in the lobby that sells cakes and pastries which are as tasty as they look. My final word on food, is that as far as I can see and from my experience, it is safe and clean. I was travelling with approx. 25 people and nobody got ill.

The rooms are of a decent size and comfortable. The first time I stayed I was in a standard room which was absolutely fine. However, if you have a little extra cash, definitely go for a deluxe room. Slightly more space, flat screen TV mounted on the wall, lights and air con (plus a few other things) can be controlled from a small touch pad next to the bed and your own iron and ironing board in the cupboard. All the rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, two small complimentary bottles of water and an in room safe.

There are some gift shops on the floor below the lobby and an outdoor swimming pool on the 1st floor. I didn't use either but the latter I wish I had if only there was the time!

Location wise it is very close to the Lotus Temple and there are some shops and an ATM if you take the exit behind the hotel then do a left. Currency can be readily exchanged at the 24 hour desk in the lobby.

I liked this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — That it gave me no reason to regret staying there! It was all good.
  • Disliked — The air con was so efficient it was actually quite chilly inside!
  • Stayed September 2008
3 Thank baozao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Gibraltar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2008

Great hotel with good service overall. The rooms are well equipped but on the small side. Tried out the 2 restaurants - the top Chinese restaurant was very good although quite pricey for India standards - the bottom one was not all that great on the food, seems to cater more for buffet dinners. Staff generally very helpful. The pool area was a bit small and lacking but then who goes to Delhi to stay by the pool? Not much in the surrounding area except small shops and restaurants.

• Liked — Good standard of service
  • Disliked — Surrounding area
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank nardiv
worldtraveler
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

We first booked two superior rooms through their website and requested a non-smoking room. However, when we checked in, we got a smoking room, and one of the room was a wheel-chair accessible one, which we did not ask for.

We then changed to one deluxe room. The room was nicer, and at the end of the hall so maybe a little bigger. There was a king size bed but because we were three of us, we had to pay for 2 extra persons. I don't understand why this was so because we only asked for one rollaway bed, which at first was a separate mattress on the floor! We refused to accept the mattress and asked for a proper rollaway. If they are going to charge extra, why should we have to sleep on the floor!

Service at the front desk was polite and efficient. They guided us well with all our inquires. In between, we checked out for 2 days to visit Jammu and they let us keep our extra luggage for free and kept an arriving parcel for us.

They brought us a free fruit basked and mini-chocolates in our deluxe room (but not to our intial superior room,)

The dinner we had at their restaurant, Seven, was nice. There was a ghazal group singing. It was my parents anniversary so they brought us complimentary cake. Their morning breakfast at Le Cafe was good with variety.

Good stay for good service.

• Liked — polite service
  • Disliked — superior rooms not so superior
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank japanibabe
Coleraine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

Stayed here at beginning and end of tour in India booked with Jetsave. Reception area lovely and pool very nice with beds in shade. Unfortunately several swimming lessons for local children held in the pool made it crowded and noisy at evening time when you wanted to use it.
Room good with complimentary bottles of water and tea and coffee making facilities
All our meals were paid but drinks pricy here.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Heather M
N.Y.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2008

New Delhi India. Crown Plaza Suyra May 14-20 2008. Eileen Queens,N.Y. My stay at the Crown Plaza new delhi India was a happy and memorable one. The hotel is located nearby shopping areas, banks, resturants local markets ect. . I enjoyed my stay at this hotel for the nice rooms with all ammenties,the pool was great, spa was very good I enjoyed that very much after along day touring. Good relaxation in the evening with three resturant to have dinner, casual an elegant dining in the evening with live indian music, a bar for evening cocktails ect. This hotel has a nice decor to it and is fit for any kind of traveller,for business,tourist,or family vaccations ect. The friendliness of all the staff is kind and careing, from the doormen to the bellhops,the resturant staff . The staff and the managers for the day and night shift was very pleasant and careing. Checking in was very pleasant and checking out was also pleasant. When travelling around the world and staying in hotels it is our home away from home and with a open mind one should make the best of our holiday .I enjoyed my stay and if I should travel to India in the futureI will choose this hotel for my stay. My thanks to all at the Crown Plaza Suyra in New Delhi India. Suyra the Sun shines bright in you always

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — No comment
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eilantra
Edmonton, Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2008

The hotel is out of the way from the airport and main tourist areas. According to staff, there was nothing to see within walking distance of the hotel. Rooms were OK, but walls were pretty banged up, and the bathroom smelled awful - a damp smell that would seem to come and go for no reason. Worst part, was getting ripped off for the airport pickup. My room was booked through work, and no one mentioned airport pickup, so when I arrived, I went to the pre-booked taxi stand, paid 300 rupees, got my receipt and headed towards the taxis. On my way there, I noticed my name on a sign from the hotel. He told me the ride was complimentary, one of the services the hotel offers, so I cancelled my taxi. Upon checkout, I questioned the 3000 rupee charge, and was told it was for airport pickup. Staff refused to accept that I was told it was complimentary, and demanded that I pay it. I was with a co-worker, who also heard it was complimentary. Now, I dont even really care about the money, work pays for it, but it is the principle of it that bothers me. I was told it was free, then charged 10X more than the regular taxi rate. That left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Disliked — Getting ripped off.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mikelindsay
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2008

I stayed at the Crown Plaza for three nights in April. The hotel certainly looks better inside than it does from outside. Since I last stayed there eight years before it has had a big refit. The main open areas are airy and bright, nicely fitted out and while the bar area below reception lacks atmosphere it’s a good place to meet. My room on the forth floor was good, nicely fitted out with good facilities.
Service was very good – I was met at the airport by the hotel car, reception was helpful and service at the bars and restaurants attentive.
Breakfast buffet was very good, especially if you like Massala Dosa for breakfast like I do, there was a good selection including omlettes and fruit. The evening buffet was very good and a meal in Seven, the a-la-carte restaurant was excellent.
The location is little too far south if you want to get to the central tourist spots in Delhi, but it can be a quick ride if the traffic is good to you, All in all a good stay and based on my experience a good hotel that justifies it’s rating

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Out of main centre
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business