Anyone who has been to Delhi knows that it's hectic...well this hotel will give you a pleasant retreat.
All the staff were very helpful and courteous and even those you just passed in a hallway would always smile and say hello.
The cleanliness was good in the rooms and around the hotel. I only noticed an odd smell once lurking about the hallways on my floor and I couldn't decide if it was a rather unpleasant cleaning fluid, something more human or a mixture of both!
Food wise they have a very good Chinese restaurant on the 7th floor that has views over the city. It's pricey compared to what you could pay outside but the food does come in large portions (one dish would probably fill you up). They have a 24 hour cafe/restaurant on the ground floor which serves Indian and Continental dishes. For those that fancy a real break from the deeply tasty Indian dishes, or if you just fancy a midnight snack...they rustle up a good plate of fries which are great sandwiched between some butter naan! This cafe also doubles up as the breakfast room in the mornings where a decent buffet breakfast is served up with a good range of Indian and Continental. There is a small coffee shop in the lobby that sells cakes and pastries which are as tasty as they look. My final word on food, is that as far as I can see and from my experience, it is safe and clean. I was travelling with approx. 25 people and nobody got ill.
The rooms are of a decent size and comfortable. The first time I stayed I was in a standard room which was absolutely fine. However, if you have a little extra cash, definitely go for a deluxe room. Slightly more space, flat screen TV mounted on the wall, lights and air con (plus a few other things) can be controlled from a small touch pad next to the bed and your own iron and ironing board in the cupboard. All the rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, two small complimentary bottles of water and an in room safe.
There are some gift shops on the floor below the lobby and an outdoor swimming pool on the 1st floor. I didn't use either but the latter I wish I had if only there was the time!
Location wise it is very close to the Lotus Temple and there are some shops and an ATM if you take the exit behind the hotel then do a left. Currency can be readily exchanged at the 24 hour desk in the lobby.
I liked this hotel and would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Suryaa, New Delhi with its host of facilities and services is designed to meet your business and personal needs. Our 244 well-appointed guestrooms and suites are elegantly designed and the delectable dining options, technologically advanced conferencing features, exquisite recreation facilities as well as warm and attentive service are just some of the things that make The Suryaa, New Delhi a preferred destination.The hotel is in close proximity to the world-renowned Apollo Hospital & the Escorts Heart Institute. A Shopping arcade and other recreation facilities are within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Suryaa New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Suryaa New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Crowne Plaza New Delhi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Delhi
- Crowne Plaza Hotel New Delhi
- Crowne Plaza Delhi
- Crowneplaza Hotels