“Hotel Suryaa New Delhi”

Ranked #26 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Maui
“Hotel Suryaa New Delhi”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November 2012 and after a very long flight I was so pleased at the comfort offered. The rooms were well appointed and the breakfast offered a great selection. I especially liked the shops in the hotel. The shop keepers and staff were very friendly and helpful. I am returning to New Delhi this November with a group on a private tour and had my tour operator change the hotel offered to the Suryaa. My last stay was for only one night but I will be staying four nights this year. I am looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank hula1girl
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and writing the feedback.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At The Suryaa New Delhi, we always attempt to go beyond the expectations of our guest and their admiration is our best incentive.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

The Suryaa New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Bhopal, India
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice hotel. Rooms have all the amenities, Food was also available in all varieties and quality wsie alaso very good. But they have a rule… notwithstanding the same category (tariff) of rooms, they place fruits in some rooms but in others they just ignore. Morning Buffet retaurant was a bit under spaced and looked conjusted. Overall average experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BJS108000
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sparing your time and giving us your valuable feedback. Me and my team are motivated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have made a personal note of your comment regarding Fruit Basket and regret the inconvenience faced. I will ensure that it is placed in your room during your next visit. I have also noted that you found Morning Buffet area a bit congested, since our restaurants are in process of up-gradation and the restaurant you had your breakfast at is a temporary location. Nonetheless I appreciate your detailed observation and concern, these comments eventually help us to improvise and achieve higher levels of perfection.

Goole, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A really good hotel with cheerful helpful staff. The rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious and the air conditioning worked as it should. The food was of good quality and the hotel even provided a birthday cake to help me celebrate my birthday. On our return after travelling around India for 2 weeks we were recognised and welcomed back as though we were well established residents. The local shops near by saved us going into the centre of Delhi.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wayne R
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us & for the wonderful things you have said about our rooms, team and services. Your appreciation has been conveyed to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Suryaa New Delhi.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights, very professional staff very clean bathroom and excellent value for money. I recommend surya to NRI travelers to stay at this hotel ***** luxury with exceptional service.very good breakfast options.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MThanki
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out time and expressing your feedback on your stay at The Suryaa New Delhi. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you so much for appreciating our staff, rooms, and breakfast. Such comments motivate us to achieve even higher levels of perfection. We look forward to welcome you back to The Suryaa New Delhi and hope it will be soon.

Chennai
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 days during our North India Trip.
1. Location of the hotel is near the market place so we could spend more time in shopping...My wife was more happy...Also few south indian hotels are there near to this hotel...so we could have our favourite dishes....
2. Hotel was very clean and all facilities were there.
3. Service was also good...
4. We started to Agra in the early hours (around 5 AM)...We requested them sandwitch breakfast to make it ready at 5 AM....They agreed and it was ready by 5 AM itself...

Overall, it was very nice experience...I don't know about the pricing as it was booked by my tour operator...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank TGSARA
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services.

At The Suryaa, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to New Delhi.

Warm regards,
Pankaj Mathur
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The bedrooms were great, the staff was professional and the breakfast was plentiful. Only concern was that the dining hall staff was too overbearing and continually interrupted our meals. The cleaning staff also asked if we wanted our room cleaned at 10pm, at 7am and any other time we happened to return to the room. It seemed like the cleaning staff had nothing better to do!

Room Tip: Great views higher up.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate the positive comments about the hotel and we are obliged that our team was able to make your stay comfortable. Having said that, we have read and analyzed your comment very carefully, the sole intent being to improve our self. We firmly believe that only a genuine well wisher gives such detailed feedback, we are very grateful to you.

Please be assured your experience was certainly not reflective of our usual standard of service and I do apologies for any inconvenience that you may have faced. I am confident that we shall be able to step up and show immediate improvement in all mentioned areas.

Once again we would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and take this opportunity to invite you back on your next visit to New Delhi to stay with us , please do write to me directly and I assure you an extremely pleasant stay.

Warm regards,
Pankaj Mathur
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel and I was very pleased with the standards. Very clean room. Exterior wasn't that great but interior was good.Very friendly staff and try their best to help. Rooms are very reasonably priced but food can be little expensive. They also can do with some live music in the lobby. Narayan Singh did a great job in the restaurant and did his best to make me feel important during a busy lunch at the restaurant. Great location too and did cost me Rs 600 taxi fees from the airport. I had a very pleasant stay and will do it again!.

Room Tip: My room was in the1st floor and I was happy there!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SamJ2013
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel and staff. We have conveyed your compliments to Narayan Singh at restaurant. I have made a careful note regarding live music in lobby, thank you for your observation, I have also taken a note regarding food being expensive and would like to assure you that our pricing is in line with other 5 star hotels in Delhi, I regret any inconvenience you faced.

At The Suryaa New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.