“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #37 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I knew about this hotel and its location but stayed for the first time for 4 days last month on official trip. The location is excellent. The service prompt. At one such dinner, the bread was delayed. But when i brought this to the notice of lobby manager he not only ensured that it was served immediately but must have apologised ten times in next 3 days. He also ensured that not only me but everyone got good service. Kudos....,

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank vinayksrivastava
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Suryaa, New Delhi.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about the hotel is deeply appreciated & and have been communicated to all the members of our team.

I thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality.

Pankaj Mathur-General Manager
The Suryaa New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I reserved a room here through Hotwire.com so I had never heard of the hotel when I showed up. But on this occasion hotwire definitely did not let me down!

The service was very very good, the rooms were beautiful (a little old, but tasteful all the same) and the beds were so comfortable I did NOT want to get up for breakfast the next morning! But I'm glad I did - the breakfast was amazing - a HUGE spread, and included in the room rate which makes it even better. Just a warning, if you DO want to order off the menu you are going to pay exorbitant prices - one can of coke will cost you around US$4.00 - crazy! Just go next door to the food markets if you need to. Also, the wifi is HUGELY expensive - that is one thing that almost made me give this hotel a 4 star rating instead. Particularly for business people, they should really offer a better deal with the costs of everything else!

Everything within the hotel itself is expensive, even hiring a car or taxi - I would recommend just jumping in an auto rickshaw - the hotel is around 15mins away from some really good local markets.

I would stay in this hotel again in a second - next time I'm in Delhi I will be staying at The Suryaa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Liztiz1
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding our staff, quality of food and the comfortable beds.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the pricing. I would like to assure you that our pricing is in line with other luxury hotels in Delhi and India. I regret any inconvenience you faced. As far as internet is concerned, we do have room rates inclusive of internet. I shall be delighted to handle your reservations should your travel bring you back to Delhi, I can be reached at pankaj.mathur@thesuryaa.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind regards
Pankaj Mathur- General Manager
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel is located in posh New Friends Colony, on the Mathura Road- on way to Faridabad. Being a 5 star property, it has all the amenities such a hotel offers- nice swimming pool, imposing reception area, spacious rooms with bath-robe, bath-room chappals, safe to keep valuables, modern bath-rooms with quality toiletries etc. The breakfast (buffet) is lavish, with good variety and taste. This hotel is excellent value for money specially if you are on company-tie-up special rates visitor. One advice if you are arriving by your own car- ask for elaborate directions to reach the hotel when you are near the hotel, otherwise the hotel may seem very near, but you may be on road to Mathura....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DGLION
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel and services. I have noted your comments regarding external directions for the hotel and have initiated necessary steps to resolve it.

It is comments such as yours that motivates and helps us in achieving even higher levels of perfection

Pankaj Mathur-General Manager
Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a chance to stay in suryaa hotel few days back as a complimentary gift through a relatives membership. The stay was great but not amazing. Though its a five star property but needs various changes. The rooms and especially the bathroom have become really outdated. Newer and smaller hotels are doing a better job. The food was nice , we enjoyed having breakfast as there was so much variety and all tasted great.
The swimming is the best part in the hotel.
The stay was nice but the hotel needs a lot of upgradation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gautam9999
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am happy to receive your appreciation about food & swimming pool. I have taken a careful note of your comments regarding the rooms & bathroom. Over a period of time we have spent a considerable amount of time and money refurbishing them. I regret they did not meet your approval. We also have a variety of rooms and suites. Should your travel bring you back to Delhi, please do reach out to me and I am certain we will be able to accommodate your requests. Should there be more feedback you wish to share with me, I can be reached at pankaj.mathur@thesuryaa.com

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Suryaa New Delhi

Pankaj Mathur- General Manager
Mohali, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is situated at very posh location (New Friends Colony). The ambience is quite good with very big reception hall. The service levels are of high standards. The choice of breakfast is good although the space kept for the B'fast is less so a feel little congested. It should have been better with more space. The check-in and check-out is smooth. Rooms are good with all modern amenities.
Food quality is above standard and main attention is paid towards cleanliness.
Had stayed there as a business traveller 3 times in Suryaa.
Overall I love to stay in this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PunjabIndia
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of The Suryaa New Delhi, I would like to thank you for your encouraging feedback, we are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay, however I have noted that you found the breakfast space little congested and regret that did not meet your approval. Though I would like to bring it to your notice that our restaurants are in process of upgradation which will further take a few months and the place you had your breakfast at is a temporary location. Once again thank you very much for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Suryaa New Delhi.

Faridabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed there for a night . Room was comfortable . Food was good. Loved the morning breakfast buffet . A mix of continental, and Indian dishes for breakfast. Swimming pool was nice and warm. Has its own spa .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are truly grateful for comments about our hotel and services.

At The Suryaa New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Beirut, Lebanon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We chose the Suryaa Hotel on a quick whim trip to Delhi and would have cancelled after first night of staying there had the booking not been paid in full.

The hotel pictures give it more credit than it is due. The lobby is old fashioned and the rooms and bathrooms could benefit from some investment in new cleaning material. Overall impression, old and shabby.

On the plus side, the buffet breakfast or dinner is excellent and the hotel has a gallery of shops that stay open well into 11:00 pm for the pleasure of all non-stop shoppers.

If it's the only choice, go ahead and book there, but if not, you will find better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SamarDani
PankajMathurGM, General Manager at The Suryaa New Delhi, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We at The Suryaa, New Delhi aim to bring the best hospitality & service experience to our guests. I am grateful to you for sparing time and writing your experience at The Suryaa New Delhi, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, however, I have made a note of your observations on lobby, rooms & bathrooms and ensure to take measures to enhance the same. Me and my team hope to make your next visit at the hotel a pleasant experience. We hope it will be soon.