The Suryaa
Ikon Residency(New Delhi)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
2,366 results
All reviewsnew friends colonyatrium bargolden triangle tourlotus templeguest relationscrowne plazanice hoteltop floornice stayrooms are comfortablestar hotelduty managerindian foodsouth delhispecial thanksbusiness hotelcourteous staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2008

My business colleagues booked three nights for me in the Crowne Plaza during a recent business trip to our nearby India headquarters.

The public spaces are spacious and flashy, and are intended to impress. My Club level room was large and comfortable. The Club level breakfast buffet was not overly large or varied, but entirely adequate for my needs. I did not personally experience the other restaurants. I did not take advantage of the large pool.

The staff was overall reasonably professional. The Club level clerk who checked me in was cold, bureaucratic, and officious, with little sympathy for the late hour and my travel weariness as she demanded every detail of my travel plans. I did not find the Concierge to be very helpful when I inquired about taxi options for local travel.

There were a number of tour groups staying in the hotel. From my observation, they seemed reasonably content with the hotel.

Since I had a free Sunday during my visit, my colleagues arranged a car for a visit to Agra and the Taj Mahal. Round trip from the Crowne Plaza and back, with three hours for touring and lunch in Agra, took thirteen hours total with normal Sunday highway traffic conditions.

There are a number of shops in the lower lobby area of the hotel. In addition, there is a small commercial area just off the hotel property with an assortment of Indian and Western restaurants and shops of varied quality. Use your "street-smarts" if you venture into this area.

Overall, I would stay at the Crowne Plaza again, mainly due to its convenient location near my colleagues' work location.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2008

The only thing which is 5star at this hotel is the price. We spent a few days at the Crowne Plaza and we really regretted it. The service is bad. Food is not good.
The hotel has a problem with the air conditioning: at restaurants and in the lobby it is very cold. In the rooms it is not possible to have a normal temperature: either you switch on the AC and its cold or your switch it off and it is getting too warm.
The waiters in the restaurants are slow. It takes ages till you get served (tea arrives after the breakfast is done).
As said above - we cannot recommend to anybody to stay at this hotel - especially not to families with children!
Generally an unpleasant place! We didn't like it at all.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed February 23, 2008

We stayed here on the first night of kuoni taj tour. Arrived early morning (7am) and they managed to get us in a room for half eight, which we weren't expecting. First room hadn't been serviced, but a quick call to reception got us another room. After a few hours sleep we went a wander to the local shops to go to an ATM. Its obviously an expected part of india to encounter fairly stark poverty, but it was still an eye opener. But we felt perfectly safe.There are a couple of ATMs within 5 Mins of hotel, quite handy as you can't get rupees before you go and the exchange desk at airport didn't take debit cards, only credit. Hotel will obviously change currency for you. Staff were very friendly and hotel was very modern and clean. we were obviously a bit wary of the dreaded "delhi belly" so we played safe and ate in the hotels indian restaurant "se7en", which was excellent, lovely indian food and fairly reasonable from a western perspective. We also had a couple of drinks in the atrium bar which was lovely, if fairly quiet. A few of our fellow travellers ate at a local chinese called "lotus" ( i think) without any ill effects. As mentioned, you are a fair distance from india gate and connaught square, certainly not walkable, not a problem for us as we were on a escorted tour but worth bearing in mind.
Overall, a good choice for delhi, would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southsider1972
Reviewed February 8, 2008

We stayed here twice during a recent tour of India. Both times it was a welcome place to stay in a hectic city.Spacious lobby, spacious room,extremely clean and well kept.Staff was helpful, breakfast was good.I wish all the other places we stayed had been as nice and comfortable!

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank teacup610
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Stayed at Crowne Plaza with group of 5 girls for whom this was part of India 'experience'. Asked for and got all the help I needed in providing girls a once in a lifetime experience. They arranged day trip to Taj Mahal with meals and guides. Could not have been better. Gave us free late check out. Girls loved the gift shop in the ground floor level. Finally surprised me with complementary transport to airport on our departure. Cannnot fault the attitude of the staff in all areas. Would unreservedly recommend this hotel to any group like ours.

• Stayed: December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank vhappytourist