The Hans New Delhi
$65
$101
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Amax Inn(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$19
The Lodhi(New Delhi)
$206
$185
Agoda.com
All reviewsconnaught placebarakhamba roadmetro stationexcellent locationrajiv chowkconnaught circlethe heart of the citycentral locationrooms are bigroom servicebuffet breakfastcomfortable roomsbusiness tripdecent hotelcoffee shopcomfortable stayfloor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Very comfortable, very clean hotel in excellent location for tourist. It is on edge of Connaught place, mid-way between old and new delhi attractions. bedrooms are large, comfortable and well furnished with very comfortable bed and good views over city as rooms are on floors 15-21. Otherwise excellent service slipped slightly at breakfast when it became relatively busy. Whilst not a cheap hotel, when compared to the normal, extortionate rates charged by decent hotels in Delhi, this is still relatively good value.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank expatbritgirl
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We stayed at the Hans on our first night in India. We were very tired after an overnight flight and slept reasonably well except for the thin walls. To be fair that would not have been an issue had there not been a baby in the next room which didn't fancy sleeping through the night, its mother spent some time playing with it very loudly.

The room and bathroom were clean, and the fact that we could walk out to Connaught Place in 10 minutes was very convenient for getting dinner and shopping. It also meant that we were close to Old Delhi for sight seeing and also to the station when we left for Udaipur.

Breakfast was fine, and the staff was pretty good. All in all we had no complaints, the thin walls/baby combination was bad luck.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bino33
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 4 nights - 2 at the start and 2 at the end of a tour.
The outside tells the story - an old (but not historic) dilapoidated building with a fresh coat of paint. The building is also shared with several other businesses. It's not near any other places to eat unless you want to get a cab our autorickshaw.
There is cursory luggage and security screening on entry. Reception staff were consistently slow at checkin and checkout times.
The two small lifts are very slow and not sufficient for the number of guests. There is no service lift so luggage also has to use this lift.
The first room I was allocated had a strong smell of damp and I saw 2 rooms on the 17th floor before agreeing to a room on the 18th floor. Furnishings were old and the bathroom had seen better days and the toilet was difficult to flush.
On my second stay I had a twin room on the 17th floor - the best room I saw there. But stll the furniture was old. Electrics not too bad apart from exposed wires on the bedside lamp.
I didn't use the TV in either stay - old CRT type.
I had a kettle iin my room both times and the second room had a fan heater. Both rooms had a hair dryer in the bathroom. Two small bottles of water are free. There's also a minibar which I didn't use.
There are two main restaurants serving Indian food (Kaffe) and Italian food (Caramelo). I ate in both and found them to be pricey but not bad food. I was shocked at the high price of a basic dal with biryani, but quantities were large so could have been shared by two people. The soups were nice. Buffet breakfast is one of the better breakfast buffets I've had in India with brown bread available. As I trype this on my BlackBerry I am eating a pleasant vegtarian lasagne!
There is wifi available at this hotel (at a charge).
Service is patchy but mostly OK.
I was expecting something better for a 4 * hotel. There are clearly many better hotels to stay in Delhi.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank ilovemiddleeast
Reviewed November 23, 2010

They "lost" our room reservation, despite us having called several times and confirmed by email. The staff seemed to think they were doing us a favour by taking our money.

They then took 2 hours to offer us a smoking room. After 3 hours we finally argued our way into a smokeless room.

Shocking. Do not go there unless you have time to spare.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SwissIndian
Reviewed November 21, 2010

An incredible experience everytime you stay. A peek into the city with a panoromic view from the tall tower sipping a coffee in the morning is all that we need to rejuvenate oneself. having located in barakhamba Road, atop the metro, accessing the places is quiet easy. You cant expect anything better and is value for money. Though the booking is to be done well in advance to get a good price, otherwise you may be disappointed since the price goes up during special season.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business