“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #105 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was our first hotel on our Golden Triangle tour and our stay here was pretty good. As others have mentioned, it is within walking distance of Connaught Place although you have to brave the traffic on the busy road. The room we had was spacious and in pretty good order, there were a few minor issues in the bathroom, but none worth complaining about.The room had a good view over Delhi and the school at which cricket was played from early in the morning. We even went over and watched one of the matches for a while. The breakfast selection was very good although there were some strange choices such as Coq au Vin. But hey if its what you fancy at 8:00am in the morning then it was available.
In summary, this is a pretty good hotel for the money, and we would definitely stay here again. A point worth noting is that there is a very good small bazaar at the back of the hotel that has an excellent selection of goods at pretty reasonable prices, particularly the fabric goods.

Room Tip: Go for a high room for the views and less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hans Hotel N, Front Office Manager at The Hans New Delhi, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest Thank you for the inspiring feedback and we are also delighted to know that you had an excellent experience with us. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service. Your words of appreciation for our staff encourages them to continue to strive for excellence. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments.
Warm Regards, Management The Hans New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Alphington, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights and found this hotel to be very good. Nice rooms, great restaurant and good location. Staff were helpful and I heard non of the traffic noise associated with Delhi. Only downside was only one of two very small elevators was working which caused "peak hour" waits in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hans Hotel N, Front Office Manager at The Hans New Delhi, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Delhi is a lovely city with a lot of history. We were on a family vacation. We had sourced this hotel on the internet. Decent hotel. The rooms are spacious. The food was decent, the breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hans Hotel N, Front Office Manager at The Hans New Delhi, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Kochi, Kerala, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Decent value for money. Not impressive when you check in, but gets better soon. The rooms are large and neat with high ceilings and clean floors. The linen is fresh, the bath towels are large and fluffy. The shower pressure is good. The bathroom is clean and neat, the toilet accessories are good quality. The bed is quite comfortable , the pillows are great. AC works superb. Enough lighting in the room. All in all, a no nonsense hotel, with no frills and fancies. Location is great. Food is expensive though, and the complimentary breakfast is just so so. Wide variety, but indifferent quality. Nothing to get excited about. The waiters could be a bit more welcoming than being so dour. But, efficient room service, though. Overall, I will give it 6/10. Will stay again on business related work. Comfortable place to get back to after a full days work, and ample car parking space to boot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

The location of this hotel is the winner... just stayed a night there on my business trip...it was 5 minutes walk away from my meeting venue... I was upgraded to a club room ... the room is big..clean & the bed was very comfortable. Cell phone reception was patchy... but hotel offered free wifi with my room the speed of which was quite decent... the view from my 21st floor room that I stayed in was great.... staffs were courteous and services were prompt... there are only 2 negatives that I experienced ...one is the only small slow moving elevator ... that is a problem when the guest rooms are all from 16th floor onwards... they are installing a 2nd lift ..hope that solves the problem.... the other was the annoying humming sound of AC in the night in the room i stayed in ... Room service food was good... breakfast too was okay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hans Hotel N, Front Office Manager at The Hans New Delhi, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

First of all I would definitely like to clear all doubts by saying that it's a good hotel, there are a number of positive things about this property but when you claim to be a 4 star hotel in the heart of Delhi, you should go by your words.

I checked in and stayed for two days and left for Agra. After I was back from Agra, I again stayed there for two days. When I checked in for the first time they had given me a room on 21st floor but after I was back from Agra, they gave me a room on 18th floor. There are a number of major differences in both the rooms along with the service. I was really surprised to see the change in service and behavior of the staff during my stay. Starting from the minimum amenities of the room to the room service, everything was good well mannered in the first two days. I have receive warm welcome and the people tried to help me with their knowledge. Though there were a number of issues in the hotel, but still I liked the overall experience. However, just after we were back from Agra, there was an amazing change in everything. The room they had provided, was perhaps one of the worst rooms in the hotel. It did not have a hand shower and the bathroom was unclean. I had called 4/5 times and then they came and cleaned it. I had to call them twice to show what they need to clean. Is this expected??

The room service was poor. Their behavior was very bad and I had to call them a number of times for the minimum amenities in the room. I had asked for a simple dal for my baby since she is too small to eat the tadka one, but their behaviour was so rude over the phone that I disliked. They did not even give me boiled egg in the breakfast.

Also, they had called me twice to ask for our check out time around 11 AM while I the check out time was 12 PM.

OK, not to forget, the bathroom flush was not working and at 10 PM they had fixed it.
I understand the position of the hotel, but that should not mean that they would not take minimum care of their basic amenities.
I did not stay there free or did not book any deal. I expected a normal service which meets their so called star rating.

Room Tip: 21st floor rooms with a modern amenities
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hans Hotel N, Front Office Manager at The Hans New Delhi, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us is highly appreciated and the time taken to provide me with these details is of utmost importance to us. We sincerely apologise for all the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused.
We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Warm regards
The Hans Management
Asyut, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Will do for sleeping. It needs renovation, maybe was 4 star some time ago, 1 lift was not working. It turns out they had a renovated level on 21 st floor which was a true 4 star hotel.. breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: 21st floor, the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Warm regards