I am a tour operator and recently took a group on tour to India. The first hotel is always very important as it sets the stage for the following days. This hotel did not disappoint in any area. From the moment you are greeted with a beautiful garland until you leave you feel special. Our every need was looked after, even to the point of finding a room for us on short notice as we had a guest speaker arrive. The food was impeccable, the service was grand. Room service fast and I loved the idea of getting my shoes shined each evening and ready for the next day when I woke up. The rooms - we all had the Claridges Rooms and they were spacious, warm and very posh ammenities and had a balcony that we could relax on. All the balconies faced onto the pool area surrounded by trees and flowers. It was a magical start to our tour.
Here is a short bit on the hotel that I wrote from our tour recap which you will find here...
Here I am, in a city of 16 million, sitting on my balcony and all I can hear are the birds and classical music. The sounds of the city are very faint indeed, yet this beautiful hotel is right in old Delhi. This is heaven, perfect weather in March too. A breeze blowing gently to cool my tea, a hand tied packet of tea leaves sitting in the cup. It’s a high elevation Darjeeling blend and it is wonderful and soothing to my soul. Overlooking the pool area in this glorious hotel called The Claridges, I am seeing that they are preparing for something special this evening – a wedding party, or cocktail party – it’s too early to tell but they are thorough. The chairs are being draped in meticulous and sparkling white covers and there are many eyes overseeing the transformation. I do find out later that it is a very special 25th Wedding Anniversary party they are expecting. The guests will enjoy sitting around the pool area tonight with the lights dancing off the water of the pool and hundreds of tiny white lights in the trees.
Outside this sanctuary it is hustle and bustle as cars make their way through the traffic but here, all is peaceful and quiet. The perfect balance to a tour in India. The Claridges was a good choice for many reasons. The first being that it is in Lutyens Delhi. This area although being in the heart of Delhi, is located in a green, lush and tranquil part of the city that has grown up with history, the kind of history that keeps the old and historical because it knows how important it is to have this legacy.
It also fits with what I want my tour guests to experience while here. A beautiful hotel creating the magic of old world charm coupled with gracious Indian hospitality. I wanted 5 star and Heritage for this tour. Sitting here one cannot help but feel relaxed surrounded by beautiful gardens all around the hotel, but also amazed at the bird life fluttering by. Green and red parakeets nearby sitting in trees not 10 feet from my balcony and when they fly their long tails flutter behind them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claridges, New Delhi is located in the heart of Lutyens Delhi. This gracious three-storied hotel is within close proximity of the business districts, diplomatic missions, shopping centres and historical landmarks like the India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan. The hotel offers a wide choice of accommodation ranging from well-appointed, deluxe rooms to luxury suites, some with their own private terrace. The rooms are amongst the most spacious in Delhi and are a blend of classic and contemporary styles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Claridges New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- The Park Hotel Delhi
- Claridges New Delhi
- Hotel Claridges
- Claridges Hotel Delhi
- Claridges India
- The Claridges Delhi