We booked two separate nights at The Claridges; one at the start and one at the end of a two week trip north to the Himalayas. Both arrival times at the hotel were early in the morning. Expecting to wait around for the midday check in, we were greeted by friendly, efficient and polite staff and were found rooms almost immediately - one at 7 o'clock in the morning. Whisked up to our room by a smiling floor manager in an impeccable suit we were given a clean comfy mini suite with a huge bed and huge screen TV. There were no extra charges for the early check ins.
The two restaurants we used were well staffed by smiling, helpful people. Breakfast was a fresh and plentiful buffet with hot choices cooked in front of you. For dinner we chose the European option (there are 4 restaurants). We were escorted by a delightful chatty receptionist to the rear of the building where we were seated on an atmospheric terrace with a stream and billowing muslin drapes. The food was excellent, not quite Michelin, but my steak was cooked just right and a reasonable French red wine at about 20 GBP completed the evening.
Having an afternoon to fill, we walked towards a New Delhi local market. We were stopped by a Tuc Tuc man who promised to show us Delhi. A bit wary but with the assurance of a friendly passer by, we bit the bullet. Kamal, our Tuc Tuc man, as he turned out to be called did show us Delhi. Safely, patiently and with good English he took us to a few of the best sites and to the best place to buy a great silk Kashmiri rug. We can thoroughly recommend Kamal as a reliable and knowledgeable driver. He charged us 300 rupees for the round trip (about 3.75 GBP) including waiting for us when we went sightseeing. He can be found on his mobile - 9899041746 - give him a ring!!
Overall a great Hotel experience - good security (24 hour armed police presence in the background) - lovely staff - everthing worked - good food - a real oasis of calm and charm in the madness that is Delhi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claridges, New Delhi is located in the heart of Lutyens Delhi. This gracious three-storied hotel is within close proximity of the business districts, diplomatic missions, shopping centres and historical landmarks like the India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan. The hotel offers a wide choice of accommodation ranging from well-appointed, deluxe rooms to luxury suites, some with their own private terrace. The rooms are amongst the most spacious in Delhi and are a blend of classic and contemporary styles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Claridges New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- The Park Hotel Delhi
- Claridges New Delhi
- Hotel Claridges
- Claridges Hotel Delhi
- The Claridges Delhi
- Claridges India