My friends and I stayed here two nights in a row. The first night we were in a deluxe room we had booked online (the deluxe and claridges room were listed at the same rate), and the second night we had planned to switch to the Ginger to save money but didn't feel safe (we were a group of 3 20-something women) so returned to the Claridges in a Claridges room.
Both rooms were great, though obviously the deluxe room was bigger and had tile instead of carpeted flooring.
The service seemed great. We always were warmly welcomed, and the front desk staff was very friendly. When we grabbed breakfast the second morning, the hostess even remembered our original room number.
However, there were a couple service issues. The first night we discovered the outlets weren't working. We called for the electrician and were told he would be coming. 30 minutes later, no electrician. My friend called again and they say he'd be there right away. 15 minutes later, he still hasn't come. My friend called yet again to complain, and finally he came 15 minutes after that, a full hour after we originally called.
Luckily our friends took an hour longer than anticipated to pick us up to go out for the night - otherwise we would have hit the clubs with wet hair! :)
The second issue was very frustrating. We had plans to leave at 7am to drive to Agra. It was important to leave early to beat Delhi rush hour and make it in time to see the Taj and drive to Jaipur before dark. We called for a wake-up call at 6:15. The receptionist asked if we'd like a confirmation call at 6:30, and we said yes.
We received no call and woke up at 7:10 when our driver called to see where we were. My friend called to complain and they said that they didn't have us down for a wakeup call. At checkout we complained, and then the woman in charge of the wake-up call told the manager that she did call and we didn't pick up. We responded that it was [--------], and finally got 2000 rupees taken off our final bill.
Point of story- stay at the Claridges and enjoy the beautiful garden and amazing mediterranean restaurant. Just don't count on anything outside the pre-choreographed dance when it comes to service. Bring your own alarm! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claridges, New Delhi is located in the heart of Lutyens Delhi. This gracious three-storied hotel is within close proximity of the business districts, diplomatic missions, shopping centres and historical landmarks like the India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan. The hotel offers a wide choice of accommodation ranging from well-appointed, deluxe rooms to luxury suites, some with their own private terrace. The rooms are amongst the most spacious in Delhi and are a blend of classic and contemporary styles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Claridges New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- The Park Hotel Delhi
- Claridges New Delhi
- Hotel Claridges
- Claridges Hotel Delhi
- The Claridges Delhi
- Claridges India