We stayed at Claridges for the first two nights of a three week trip to India in mid December 2013. It is located in the diplomatic part of New Delhi and as such walking around the streets outside the hotel doesn’t give you any real idea of what Delhi is really like. It also meant quite a long trip (40 mins) to Chandi Chowk, Red Fort and other Delhi sights. On the plus side you could get to Khan market which is a lovely upscale market area for dinner in the evening in a few minutes in a tuk tuk.
The rooms at Claridges were clean and stylish with good freebies. Our rooms (330 and 331) had balconies overlooking the pool which were real suntraps in the December afternoon sunshine. We asked to move from our first room (rm(314)) because the other hotel restaurant, which our room overlooked, is outdoors and had live music the night we were there which went on past 11.30 and made our room very noisy. The hotel happily accommodated our request to move.
The pool is unheated (as are most pools in India) and as a result was absolutely freezing in December. Service was good and friendly. We lost count of the number of namastes we received each morning. There were a number of corporate events/conferences going on while we were there but we didn’t feel they impinged on us although the feel of the hotel is as a result slightly corporate.
We ate in the hotel’s traditional restaurant Dhaba and had one of our best meals in India. The food and atmosphere was excellent and many locals were eating there. The meal cost 4000rps for 3 mains and sides for four of us including a beer and soft drinks. Service outside Dhaba eg for coffees or lunch on the lawn or by the pool was very slow (although we soon discovered this is pretty common throughout India).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claridges, New Delhi is located in the heart of Lutyens Delhi. This gracious three-storied hotel is within close proximity of the business districts, diplomatic missions, shopping centres and historical landmarks like the India Gate and Rashtrapati Bhawan. The hotel offers a wide choice of accommodation ranging from well-appointed, deluxe rooms to luxury suites, some with their own private terrace. The rooms are amongst the most spacious in Delhi and are a blend of classic and contemporary styles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Claridges New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- Claridges Hotel New Delhi
- The Park Hotel Delhi
- Claridges New Delhi
- The Claridges Delhi
- Claridges Hotel Delhi
- Claridges India
- Hotel Claridges