“A Very Noisy Hotel”

Ranked #41 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Very Noisy Hotel”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This is a large, nothing special hotel that is right next to a major highway. I was on the fourth floor and the traffic noise was so loud it woke me in the morning even though I was wearing ear plugs. Colleagues had rooms near the ballroom and were up most of Saturday night because of a wedding. I was really surprised that the hotel would not move a colleague to a new room when she complained about the noise.

The rooms are ok, slightly worn and surprisingly there were no drawers for clothing, making it difficult to unpack my clothing. The bed was very comfortable but you either had the heavy comforter (with the sheet built in) or nothing, making it either too cold or too hot. The rooms are slightly worn and my remote control for the TV didn't work. Like many hotels in India, the bathroom has a glass wall and open shower, which I find annoying.

The buffet breakfast and lunch were both very good and the Italian restaurant was a good place to have dinner. Staff were friendly and helpful. Conference facilities were good.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Stayed at the Hyatt in November with my husband and friends. Excellent hotel, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and excellent breakfast buffet.
It was the first hotel of our trip to India which lasted almost 3 weeks and I consider it one of the best.
The only downside is the amount charged for the use of the internet, a five star hotel should do better!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IsabelVM
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed February 13, 2011

As the title indicates there is a huge difference between what the hotel has to offer in public areas (restaurants,reception etc) and the rooms. I stayed on the 7th floor and the room was very small and old. The bathroom ... well not a 5* .
It is a good hotel apart from the rooms but the room quality is very important. Be prepared to make sacrifices or ask to inspect the rooms before you sleep here.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency for almost 2 weeks in Jan 2011 and found that it was ok but perhaps a little below average for a 5 star hotel.

The lobby is fancy as you would expect for a 5 star hotel. The rooms are a little on the small side for a hotel in this range. my room faced the main road and was noisy even at night. the polution could be smelt inside my room on some nights which made it harder to sleep.

the cleanliness differed on most days the room was clean and up to standard on two days the room wasnt cleaned properly (bed wasnt made properly and on the last day a bar of soap was left in the toilet).

the bathtub is small so i couldnt strech out and im not even tall. its a small plastic square tub, kind of odd?

breakfast and internet are not included in the room rate which sucks given the price of the room and the low cost of these in Delhi. The hotel charges a high price for both. breakfast was ok and consistent with any other 4-5 star hotel. the pancakes and waffles need some work.

we had dinner in the hotel twice and found that although the food was good it was really pricey compared to other places nearby with equally good food. buffet dinner was around 55US which is very expensive for food in India.

even though some websites claim this hotel offers free airport pickup it doesnt. we stayed 3 persons 9 nights each and the hotel refused to do a free pickup.

location is good and its easy to find as its on a main road. however this can also be negative as its noisy and very polluted.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
brucetim, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear Sir/Mam

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write to us on trip advisor.

I appreciate your comments and feedback, please be assured that these has been shared with the team for further improvement. I have also noted your comment on our room prices please be advised that we do provide complimentary internet and airport transfers on our Club floors and our Suites, however these are chargeable for Hyatt guest rooms.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and time taken in responding, and look we forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Best regards
Timothy Bruce
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights in early January and I cannot say enough good things about our stay from start to finish. We are Hyatt Gold Card members and we reserved a suite to accommodate our family of 3. On arrival, after traveling for almost 24 hours, we were greeted by name at the door. We were escorted to our room by a very gracious hostess who reviewed all of the details of the room and the hotel with us. We were given a complimentary bottle of wine and some snacks which was just enough to quell our hunger and let us get some rest. The suite was beautiful and very clean, which is very important to me. The beds were comfortable. Complimentary water was provided every day. The bathroom was modern and done in white marble. Our only challenge was keeping the water in the shower. The shower door on the hinged side is about 1/2 inch away from the wall and if the spray went against that wall it escaped into the bathroom and soaked the floor. By the second day we had figured out how to carefully direct the spray. We asked for extra towels and they graciously then provided them every day without asking. The lobby was beautiful. Our son used the gym and found it to be great. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. There was everything you could wish for and all hot and delicious. The coffee and tea were served at the table and we had no trouble getting refills. We also were asked daily to sign a tab but it did not appear on our bill. All in all, it was a great place to refresh ourselves and prepare for the rest of our travel in India.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
TEXAS
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Being somewhat of a regular at this hotel I stayed for about 2 weeks in Dec. 10. Check-in was uneventful and quick. The standard(cheapest) that I had booked was cramped even for one person. It was clean and well-maintained, though. The quality of the breakfast buffet was excellent, but the breakfast area was not well organized. Though breakfast was included in my package,I was asked to sign a bill on a couple of occasions. I found that irritating. Service at this hotel tends to be quite efficient, though somewhat impersonal. Evening room turndown service was unpredictable. All in all ,it is a decent well-located hotel, but don't expect too much!!. If you want a comfortable place to sleep, shower, and have a good breakfast, this is the place for you. The room cost me about $280 a day, breakfast included.So it is not cheap. However if I had been able to cough up another $100 a day, I would have certainly stayed at the Oberoi or the Taj(Mansingh Road)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Malaysia
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I was in Hyatt, Delhi for a day recently with some colleagues. When I checked in to my room, I found stains on my toilet seat...EEEW! That really spoilt it for me. The bathtub looked so old and badly maintained. The rooms don't come cheap, it's high time the improve the quality to make guests stay comfortable!

The other thing that put me off is the service at this place....There are so many staff at the hotel standing around but no one comes forward to help you with anything, be it luggage or whatever. I was staying at The Taj, Colaba, Mumbai for 4 days before heading for Delhi and I would say Hyatt in Delhi has a very long way to go in terms of service and customer relationship.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
brucetim, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Dear Sir/Mam

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapses in service during your stay. I have noted your feedback on our rooms and also noted your feedback on staff, please be assured that I have shared your feedback, so that we may improve our services.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and time taken in responding, and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services.

Timothy Bruce