I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Delhi for 2 nights and while I had stayed at better five star properties, very few come close to hospitality rendered by the Hyatt staff. The property is aging no doubt and could do with a face lift but its facilities are just awesome. Well located close enough to the airport, it is within sensible distance to most of the happening places in Delhi like GK, Safdurjung Enclave etc where you can shop, dine, pub. Public transportation is easily available and there are plenty of taxis and auto rickshaws which can be found just outside the hotel.
Check in process was very smooth and my room was pleasant and well equipped. The room was clean, quiet, wifi worked fast and the service was impeccable. I had problems getting connected to Wifi and within minutes of reporting, someone from IT came to fix it. It was the same for room service, housekeeping and every other department I interacted with. I would like to mention a gentleman named Shantanu, in the concierge who went out of his way to help me plan my Shimla, Kinnaur trip. He was most helpful like the rest of the staff.
Food at the coffee shop was okay, although the buffet was quite varied and the swimming pool was just perfect. The check out process was equally smooth and polite and I loved the friendliness of the staff. Its a great hotel in Delhi, clean, affordable with friendly polite service. I would stay here again if in Delhi and would definitely recommend it.
CON- The hotel management should keep in mind that the rude, unwelcoming behaviour of the security staff outside the gate does not help getting them walk in customers like me. I landed in Delhi because of an unexpected transit and chose to take an auto rickshaw instead of a taxi. So when I arrived at the hotel and asked the security staff to help me by calling a bell boy, they actually told me that it was beyond my budget and that I should try some other hotel. I had to drag my bags up the driveway in the maddening Delhi afternoon heat, just because I arrived on an auto rickshaw. Hmmm..interesting..wonder if there is an unwritten hotel arrival policy for walk in guests.
Apart from this unpleasant hiccup, it was a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Delhi, the largest five-star hotel in Delhi, is located in the commercial hub of Bhikaji Cama Place just 20 minutes' drive from Indira Gandhi International Airport and the city's domestic airport. The Delhi hotel is also close to embassies, consulates and corporate headquarters, making it one of the most preferred business hotels in Delhi.The 507 rooms and suites at Hyatt Regency Delhi are equipped with modern amenities and high-speed Internet access to support guests' business needs, while all seven floors offer a panoramic view of the city and the landscaped gardens. The city hotel is also a benchmark of excellence for five-star dining in Delhi, that offers an exceptional range of dining options. Enjoy a delicious meal at the Cafe an all-day dining restaurant or resort for a traditional Chinese dining experience at the China Kitchen. Settle down for a brief coffee break or a sweet interval at the Sidewalk . For authentic Italian, choose La Piazza, the warm, lively and casual dining restaurant. Wind up the busy evening with a splendid meal at the TK'S Oriental Grill; or simply step into Polo Lounge to experience fine flavours, while a live musical performance keep the spirits high.Within this New Delhi luxury hotel, guests can also enjoy numerous leisure facilities, including an outdoor swimming pool and the Club Olympus Fitness Centre and Spa. One can opt for the best shopping experience too at the hotel's multilevel shopping complex featuring more than 36 boutiques of Indian artifacts, handicrafts and jewelers.The bustling capital provides a wealth of activities for guests to experience, options range from sightseeing in Delhi including some of the noted architectural and historical wonders of the world. For those who want to indulge in shopping in Delhi, you can choose from the alleys of old Delhi to the most chic markets, also those wishing to spend their time in sports activities in Delhi, the nearest golf courses and Polo ground offers ample opportunities, also one can visit the museums or be enchanted by the religious places.The proximity of the Hyatt Regency Delhi to numerous and famous business centers makes it the ideal place to plan a conference, a product launch or a fashion show. As a leading wedding venue hotel in Delhi, the hotel has arranged many weddings in the past 30 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency New Delhi
- Hyatt New Delhi
- Hyatt Hotel Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Delhi