“You very rarely go wrong with a Hyatt!”

Hyatt Regency Delhi
Ranked #48 of 777 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed January 6, 2014

First of all, this is a Hyatt; so you expect some standards to be maintained. This hotel maintains it for sure!

I stayed here for 2 days on a Business visit. I had some work at the foreign embassy and I chose this place since it was quite close to that embassy. I was picked up by the hotel car. The driver was very cordial and pointed out a few important places on the way. My room was ready when i entered and I was in it within the next 5 minutes. The reception staff came with me upto my room and personally ensured all was in order. I really liked this aspect of this hotel. Personal attention.

The room was good, clean and perfect. The breakfast was delicious and they was kind enough to pack my breakfast in the morning since was leaving the hotel early on embassy work. The wifi is good and the concierge did a great job of getting me timely print outs for my official work.

1 downside - During checkout, I realized that they hadn't used my old Hyatt loyalty number and I given a new number. This took some time for rectification.

Lovely property! I'd come back here for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank TheMistressOfSpices
Hyatt R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

Thank for your time and your genuine feedback based on your recent stay with us.
We sincerely regret for the inconvenience faced by you during upon check out. Your feedback has been taken into account and we promise to ensure that such inconveniences are not repeated in future.

Aseem

Write a ReviewReviews (2,507)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

You cannot go wrong with Hyatt and so is the case here. Rooms are modern and updated. Food selection is good.
Room service menu could do with some work though.
Sound insulation in rooms is not very good so you can ask for a room that is located in the quieter section.
We got a very poor room which was onlooking construction and all the workers could look into our room, so we had to keep the blinds on.
Otherwise a good property.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on higher floor. Construction is going on and some rooms are overlooking the construc...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Umesh91
Hyatt R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience faced by you during your stay with us. Next time you stay with us we suggest that you request to be booked in one of the recently renovated rooms which should keep you away from the slight issues faced by you this time.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family and I enjoyed 3 fabulous nights at the Hyatt. Location was perfect as a base for all the major attractions.The staff were all lovely and extremely helpful, particularly the lady at concierge (Chita) and the young gentleman, Amit on the 6th floor. We had 3 fantastic meals all in the hotel (Indian, Italian and Chinese) all of which were exceptional. Def worth upgrading to the business floor for complementary drinks and snacks in the early evening. Health centre was great too. The hotel arranged a tour guide for us named VJ who made our trip outstanding and was the perfect chaperone. Highly recommend both the hotel and VJ.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank James F

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

Thank you for your encouraging feedback based on your recent stay with us. Your positive comments strengthens the effort of our team and helps provide authentic hospitality to all our guests.

We look forward to delighting you in future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Hyatt Regency is a good place to stay in India's capital city, but it is not entirely free of problems.

Among the positives, the hotel is conveniently located with respect to the airport and embassies, although there is not much to do or see within walking distance. It features a large, well-furnished lobby, a swimming pool, a business center, and good restaurants. The front desk crew is very welcoming and eager to please. When I arrived from the airport early in the morning, they went out of their way to get me a room well before check-in time at no extra charge. The elevators/lifts were swift, and the bellhop helpfully explained the features of the room. I found that dialing zero gets you a quick consult on any questions or problems, and the hotel can provide a chauffer for personal touring or other activities. Breakfast offered ample choices, and a group dinner emphasizing Indian food was quite tasty.

My room featured free wi-fi with a strong signal, robe & slippers, adequate closet space, and an in-room safe. The bathroom sink and shower faucets provided fairly quick hot water at all hours. The bathroom offered a number of amenities, including a shower cap, ample soap and towels, and washcloths.

On the negative side, there was little drawer space in my room. The minibar-fridge did not get anything cold; its contents were only slightly below room temp, and if it had an adjustable temperature control, I couldn't find it. Conversely, the room thermostat wouldn't heat to my desired temperature on a cold December day -- I couldn't get it to warm up the room beyond 20 degrees Celsius. Apparently the climate control system provides air-conditioning but no heat, at least in my room. There were also minor problems with a non-functioning desk lamp and the analog clock in the room, which suggested either neglect of details or just deferred maintenance.. There was no comment form in the room to advise management of the various maintenance issues and none of the problems were urgent, so I simply reported them to the front desk at checkout.

In the bathroom, the strangely designed shower stall opened directly onto the bathtub with no barrier between them, so shower spray could slosh water onto a bather -- both should not be used at the same time. The stopper in the sink did not fully close, so the sink could not be easily used for hand laundry and certainly not for handling contact lenses. The shower offered two options but appeared to default to the hand-held spray. You have to pull out the pin behind the shower faucet (easier said than done) to switch to a regular shower coming down from the ceiling.

The Hyatt Regency Delhi seems to be an older property that probably needs -- and may be undergoing -- a bit of renovation, but most things worked most of the time, and the staff was quite attentive and responsive. All in all, it’s a convenient, comfortable hotel with only a few minor negatives. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

Thank for your time and your feedback based on your recent stay with us.

We are glad to learn of your appreciation for the services offered at each of our dining outlets together with efforts put up by our amiable staff to make your stay a pleasant one.
We sincerely regret for the inconvenience faced by you during your stay with us specially in reference to the room facilities. Your feedback has been taken into account and we promise to ensure that such inconveniences are not repeated in future.

Next time you reserve with us we suggest that you request to be booked in one of the recently renovated room or suite. At Hyatt Regency Delhi, the renovation drive is a continuous process on account of which, we have recently come up with a new Regency Club Lounge and renovated a number of rooms and suites as well. Over time, we also intend to look at the renovation of other guest areas in the hotel.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I often fly in and out of Delhi and decided to spend and evening at the Hyatt Regency.

I was pleasantly received by name as my car arrived. I was quickly taken to the reception and the checkin was smooth as silk.

Was escorted to my room and my bags arrived immediately.

My room overlooked the pool. It was quiet and peaceful ... despite the hotel being located on Delhi's ring road in a very congested area.

The bed, pillows, amenities were all very good. I think my only point of contention is that the hotel is very old and the bathrooms are from a different era. There was a thing in the bathroom that looked like a bathtub but was only big enough to sit within.

Still, there was a good separate shower with rain shower head. Pressure was always good.

Though I arrived late I went to the Spa because I needed to sit in the sauna due to a back injury. I arrived there at about 9:40 PM and their closing time was 10 PM. But the staff was extremely friendly and cordial and allowed me to stay on till after 10:30 PM.

Had a grilled cheese sandwich and fries which was excellent and was off to sleep.

Breakfast was very very good. Actually, it was one of the best breakfast buffets I have seen in a very long time. Surprisingly they did not have hot oats in the buffet ... but the second I requested it the waiter had it quickly cooked.

During the breakfast i had a chat with a few members of the staff and they were very cordial, genuinely nice individuals.

Check out was as smooth as the checkin. I was very impressed that only one sheet of paper was printed, and that my bill was given to me without unnecessarily putting it in an envelope.

The property is old. It is not soiled or tatty ... It just needs a makeover. With a good makeover I would have certainly given it a very good from start to finish.

One example is a funny placard, in brass, by the front entrance.

It explains that it is against the law to use hallucenogenics or psychotropic drugs in the hotel.

It was probably of very serious intent when the hotel was opened in the 80's ... but probably most folks know that you're not meant to be transporting illegal substances and getting stoned in public places.

Great staff, convenient location. hotel just needs a makeover.

Room Tip: Pool Side Rooms Have a Peaceful View
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sean1951

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

Thank you for your encouraging feedback based on your recent stay with us. Your positive comments strengthens the effort of our team and helps provide authentic hospitality to all our patrons.

We look forward to being of service to you in future as well.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Delhi on a recent business trip and being part of the Hyatt family, this hotel did not disappoint. The sales person who helped with our reservations was attentive from start to the end of our stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. A friend got an upgrade to the suite and oh my, it was beautiful.

The spread at breakfast was very good and waiting staff are always around to offer assistance. The gym is a little small but they have a lot of equipment in there. We had dinner at La Piazza, the italian restaurant, one night and it's pretty average I must say. I would have preferred local cuisine. U know the saying "when in Rome..."

We did have a couple of minor complaints like when Front Desk messed up our membership details at check-in and we were all issued new membership numbers instead of utilising our existing membership cards presented to them. Also being given fewer bottles of mineral water that what was asked for. These are however minor issues. Overall a very nice hotel. Although it takes 20 mins drive to the office around Connaught Place, we don't mind it and will definitely be coming back each time we're in Delhi.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade if you're a Diamond Passport member ;-)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Blue_Man_Alejandro
Hyatt R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience faced by you during your stay with us. Your feedback has been taken into account and we promise to ensure that such inconveniences are not repeated in future.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Hotel restaurants normally provide limited dining options. The Hyatt Delhi is an exception where the speciality restaurants are outstanding, and one is quite happy in eating in rather than brave the Delhi traffic. La Piazza (Italian), TK's (Teppenyaki), China Kitchen and Aangan provide the variety one needs, and the Breakfast buffet at the Cafe is outstanding. Add to that the Bar and the casual coffee and danish available on the elevated bridge above the Cafe - you have all one needs.
The rooms are small, but well appointed and the renovated rooms are comfortable.
An ideal business hotel. Excellent and large Regency club lounge - ideal for meetings.
Good value as well.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the pool side in the straight wing closest to the elevators are the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dsareen
Hyatt R, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

We look forward to being of service to you in future as well.