If someone else is paying for your hotel, by all means stay here at the Hyatt Regency.
The service is top notch. The breakfast buffet covers every taste, no matter where in the world you come from. The Club Floor is worth the extra cash...especially if you're like me and enjoy getting out and exploring and end up keeping irregular hours. There's always bottled water/sodas and light snacks to be had, with a nice light buffet + beer/wine/cocktails during the dinner hours. The gentleman (who's name I forget...argh!) who manages the club floor takes great pride in his facility and it shows. Attention to detail abounds. If you're going to spend the handsome price Hyatt charges for a room, spend a little more for the Club Floor.
The Polo Bar is quite relaxing and the staff is professional. Again, prices are pretty steep for New Delhi, but you will have nothing to complain about. The beers are cold (albeit 650Rs) and service is spot on.
The Chinese Restaurant/Bar...wasn't my scene. Thumping dance music but no dance floor. More of a place to be seen drinking an exotic-looking cocktail than a place to enjoy a glass of scotch. Meh...I'll pass. However, after 1 AM this is your only option for a late night cocktail, as the Polo Club closes then.
All in all, there is much better value for money for stays in and around New Delhi. The Crowne Plaza in Okhla comes to mind. The rooms are much, much larger and more modern, for about half the price. However, the Hyatt does absolutely nothing wrong. Given how crowded the hotel lobby is at all hours, clearly the Hyatt can fill their hotel at these rates. I doubt very few of the people staying there are paying the bill themselves, however.
A side note:
The INA Metro station is about a 30 minute walk or a 30 rupee tuktuk ride from the Hyatt. The Metro is a GREAT way to get around New Delhi. Don't be scared. It's no different than the London Tube or Washington DC Metro. Get a metro card and explore this crazy, mad, wonderful city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Delhi, the largest five-star hotel in Delhi, is located in the commercial hub of Bhikaji Cama Place just 20 minutes' drive from Indira Gandhi International Airport and the city's domestic airport. The Delhi hotel is also close to embassies, consulates and corporate headquarters, making it one of the most preferred business hotels in Delhi.The 507 rooms and suites at Hyatt Regency Delhi are equipped with modern amenities and high-speed Internet access to support guests' business needs, while all seven floors offer a panoramic view of the city and the landscaped gardens. The city hotel is also a benchmark of excellence for five-star dining in Delhi, that offers an exceptional range of dining options. Enjoy a delicious meal at the Cafe an all-day dining restaurant or resort for a traditional Chinese dining experience at the China Kitchen. Settle down for a brief coffee break or a sweet interval at the Sidewalk . For authentic Italian, choose La Piazza, the warm, lively and casual dining restaurant. Wind up the busy evening with a splendid meal at the TK'S Oriental Grill; or simply step into Polo Lounge to experience fine flavours, while a live musical performance keep the spirits high.Within this New Delhi luxury hotel, guests can also enjoy numerous leisure facilities, including an outdoor swimming pool and the Club Olympus Fitness Centre and Spa. One can opt for the best shopping experience too at the hotel's multilevel shopping complex featuring more than 36 boutiques of Indian artifacts, handicrafts and jewelers.The bustling capital provides a wealth of activities for guests to experience, options range from sightseeing in Delhi including some of the noted architectural and historical wonders of the world. For those who want to indulge in shopping in Delhi, you can choose from the alleys of old Delhi to the most chic markets, also those wishing to spend their time in sports activities in Delhi, the nearest golf courses and Polo ground offers ample opportunities, also one can visit the museums or be enchanted by the religious places.The proximity of the Hyatt Regency Delhi to numerous and famous business centers makes it the ideal place to plan a conference, a product launch or a fashion show. As a leading wedding venue hotel in Delhi, the hotel has arranged many weddings in the past 30 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency New Delhi
- Hyatt New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel New Delhi
- Hyatt Hotel Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Delhi