“Good location business hotel”

Hyatt Regency Delhi
Ranked #39 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
London
“Good location business hotel”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

+ ve: good location in New Delhi , very good gym but it does get busy in the evenings, good breakfast spread, nice bar,

-ve: rooms feel a bit tired- I complained about smell in the room, so they had something fitted into the room to take the smell away, so when I returned in the evening it was fine....it's an old property, rooms are not very big, hot water in shower was not great ...service was patchy

Recommend the Chinese restaurant, Bar and sightseeing in New Delhi early morning to avoid the traffic
Some of the sights look amazing at sunrise..also recommend getting the hotel taxi to pick u up, public taxis in Delhi are not safe for outsiders

Do see chandni chowk market to get the real Delhi buzz

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank KrishnaLondon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
gurgaon
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent the New Year eve at Hyatt Regency Delhi. The Regency Club and benefits were superb . The New year eve buffet at their Italian restaurant La Piazza was excellent. The other dining options at the hotel are great too especially the The China Kitchen. The fitness centre is also very good. The staff in the hotel is pleasant and helpful.
Had a great start to the New Year.....

Room Tip: Rooms and suites at the Regency Club with all its benefits are good.
1 Thank madhu31
Kolkata
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The location of the hotel is quite ideal if you wish to see around the sightseeing and important spots of Delhi. We stayed in the club room which was well worth the money, the reception staff and house keeping was very well organised. Did the try the Chinese food at China Kitchen which was authentic Chinese food with very less vegetarian options.

Room Tip: Stay at the club floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vikas S
McAllen
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was the first stop on our India vacation after a long international flight. The Regency Club and benefits were great at the hotel, and our check-in was very smooth even at 1:00 AM. I would recommend using the Regency Club level to have access to the breakfast and happy hours. The pool side is also much quieter. The room was very nice and well maintained. Another great thing about the rooms is the blackout curtains. After a long day, we were able to shut the curtains and have near complete darkness in the rooms. The beds were also very comfortable, and the rain shower and bathroom a plus. We used the gym a few times, and found the equipment to be in good condition and the staff helpful. The price is a little high (though the Indian taxes are partly to blame), but we were very happy with the Hyatt. Recommend this hotel for all sorts of travel: business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Pool side, Regency Level
3 Thank shankario
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

A large hotel with very comfortable rooms, helpful staff and excellent choice of dining options. We tried the evening buffet and the Chinese restaurant. The Chinese was superb; a lovely ambiance and delicious food. Definitely a hotel that should be considered if you want international standards. A little expensive but worth it.

• Stayed December 2012
Plainsboro, New Jersey
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt from Dec 27th-Dec 29th 2012, at the very end of a long 20 day trip to India, Sri Lanka & the Maldives. When I booked this hotel, I choose solely on the basis of proximity to the Indira Gandhi International airport(20 minute ride, Rs 175 by pre-paid taxi from the airport). I arrived at around 1 PM on the 27th & was promptly checked in. The only glitch of my stay occured here. I had paid more for & specifically requested for a pool/garden view King room on one of the higher floors & had even called ahead to confirm this. When I checked in though, I was assigned a basic room on the first floor. Tired out after several long days before this & my flight, I did not notice it at that time. I did realize it the next morning when I looked outside to see a street view. I pointed this out to the staff that morning & as compensation(there was a big price difference between both categories of rooms) was offered complimentary breakfast for both days of my stay. I happily accepted, since I did not want to move rooms for the last day of my stay. That was the only real dissapointment..since I had paid for the bigger room. The room I got was fine since I was travelling by myself, but it would have got cramped if travelling as a bigger group.It really was just comfortable enough for 1-2 people & their bags, any more would be cramped.

Other than that mix-up, everything else was perfect;) The staff are incredibly helpful..everything was a "yes mam, my pleasure mam" kind of thing. The hotel itself is nicely decorated & the lobby is gorgeous. Plenty of food options- the Cafe for breakfast & then an Indian, a Japanese, an Italian, & a Chinese restaurant(China Kitchen), so you are assured of plenty of food options. I only tried the China Kitchen & the food was delicious;) Didnt get a chance to try the gym & the pool was probably freezing(didnt see a soul in there). The people at the business center were very helpful in getting me my airline ticket printouts(required to enter any airport in India, which I had forgotten;) I tried out a pedicure/manicure at the parlor & the staff there were awesome;)

Really, this hotel exceeded my expectations. I was nervous about it being noisy, or busy, or having too many wedding receptions/parties on its grounds, as so many hotels do in Delhi in the winter. For some reason, never saw any weddings or parties while I was there. I experienced only the best service, friendly staff & an efficient way of doing things. If in Delhi, would highly recommend it.

Tip-make sure you take the unlimited wifi package while booking , as otherwise it is pretty expensive. I was in Delhi during the time that there were protests for the Delhi rape incident & I mostly stayed in on my last day..so that unlimited wifi really came in handy! And if more than 1-2 people, make sure you book the bigger & more expensive King room on an upper floor-worth it;)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper 4th or 5th floor if worried about noise from the street..though I was on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank manasi_kar
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed for 8 night at the Hyatt Regency in New Delhi. From arrival at the airport pick up to check in at the hotel, the service has been nothing but excellent. All the staff were well trained and professional. We arrived very early in the morning and the hotel was very accommodating to allow us an immediate check in. The rooms were very clean and well maintain and comfortable. I had asked for extra pillows and an ironing board and they were already in the room when I checked in. Thanks to the great team that manage the reservation.
Every single staff that we met during our staff has nothing but great service to offer. Compliments to the front office, concierge, restaurant staffs, Guest Relation Manager, Bell counter and housekeeping and room service. It was just like being at home being pampered all the way. Breakfast choice was very good and there is not a single complaint to the food served in all the F&B outlets, great taste! The concierge manager that was so helpful in sending me to the great Sari shop at South Ex - Frontier Raas, a very big thank you. I am so pleased with my shopping at this boutique, very spoilt for choice on the wide range of good quality saris. The hotel cars and drivers were clean and very well informed on the tourist attraction and very helpful. Our regular driver, Manjit was excellent! Even the shopping arcade staff were very friendly and give us good bargains especially on the pashimas that we bought. The salon is a must visit when you are staying at the Hyatt Regency. They have great pedicure and head massage and the stylist are very fast and professional. A very big thank you to Avinash my hairdresser in New Delhi at the Hyatt for the great shampoo and blow dry that I went to every day. A great stay that had made my visit to New Delhi memorable. Will definitely come back to the Hyatt Regency for my next visit to New Delhi.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great I am sure.