“5 stars well deserved”

Ranked #38 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
UK
“5 stars well deserved”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Lovely hotel. 5 stars deserved. Prompt room service. Pool smelt a bit funny. Spent next 6 days with Delhi belly. Not sure if it was pool, Caesar salad, cold coffee or from somewhere outside the hotel. Better than the Taj.

• Stayed April 2011
brucetim, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review of the hotel, it is always a pleasure to hear that our guest have enjoyed there stay with us here in Delhi.

With regards to the pool I would like to assure you that the pool is cleaned daily and the water is checked four times a day to make sure that the pool is clean and safe for all of our guests, after reading your comments I have requested and checked the daily water reports for the past month and am able to confirm all readings are in order.

I hope overall you had an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to your return in the future.

Best regards,
Timothy Bruce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Karnal, India
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We have stayed at many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs. It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this hotel. The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home. In the afternoon, the staff would bring out snacks and coffee for guests who had opted to spend the day in the shade of the palm trees in the little garden. At no charge.

Even my family, who did not stay in the hotel, was received with open arms and exceptionally generously when they came to visit. .

This said, there is nothing wrong with the facilities. The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and the distance to the airport. The garden was big with a swimming pool , but it’s a relaxing and quiet place – one where you really don’t mind spending an afternoon or two with a good book.

And as many people have written before. Hyatt Regency is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
London, UK
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We arrived shortly after midnight following a flight from London. Check-in was speedy and efficient. We were escorted to our room and porters were waiting with our bags.
Our room was clean, but could have done with another armchair. For two people the room was rather small. Large queen bed was very comfortable. Bathroom had a separate shower (with a head in the ceiling); water pressure was outstanding. Bath was small and square.
There was no noise from the street (we were facing the side of the hotel), but we did hear phones ringing in adjacent rooms. In addition, we were disturbed on occcasion by people (hotel staff?) speaking loudly in the middle of the night.
We had a late meal (3am) after arrival. Despite the late hour the food was outstanding and the portions large.
The breakfast buffet was superb; we generally went after all the business travellers. On one occasion we had an early breakfast. There were stations of fruit, pastries/bread, Indian and western sections and the now obligatory egg chef. Staff were always willing to bring cooked eggs and juices to the table.
A late lunch of savoury food and desserts was tasty and plentiful. Room service was utilised on one occasion. The food came on time, placed in an oven in the trolley (a new innovation for me), and a small error was speedily rectified.
We didn't find the personal and car security checks too onerous and recognise that they are necessary for our protection
An early check-out was speedy and efficient with our bags placed in our car ready for our departure.
One criticism would be of the high charges for Internet access in the business centre. With online airline check-in now everyday access is a necessity. Charges seem absurdly high.
Overall a hotel to be recommended but I think its Kolkata sister is a slightly better hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed recently for business. Booked business package room. When arrived the check in clerk (Mr. Krishna) said that my room is not ready and I can use another room for the meantime. As I was due to go out for meetings, I arranged with this Mr. Krishna that my l will leave my suitcase packed and closed, so room transfer will be easy. I did not see any point of occupying a room I was not going to use! I re-confirm this matter, knowing the local culture, and before leaving to my meeting (30 minutes post my check in), I again re-confirm, that upon coming back (7 to 8pm) in the evening, my room will be ready.
As you may expect, none of the above really took place. Upon my return by 8pm, I asked for the new room key, and the same Mr. Krishna came out from his hole and said that there were no room available. It was obvious that his nose getting longer, as the lie was so obvious. This little clerk assumed that he can just twist the situation to his own convenience.
As being tired and in a great need to use my room, I asked to see his manager. I demanded to remove this little liar from his position, as to me, he does not fit to serve people in 5 stars hotel.
After 20 long minutes, I got a room, which was supposed to meet my original booking. Alas, the room was just across the club lounge, and till 2 AM (yes, 2AM), the staff were busy preparing the lounge for the next day breakfast. It meant non stopped noise from the lounge, as there are NO partitions between the lounge to the rooms across. It suppose to be partition less design, which supposedly makes you feel more spacious, but, wont block any of the disturbing noise...
I complaint couple of times about the need to have peaceful night, but, nothing was done.
The room itself is all but nice. Too small, poor lighting, don’t have makeup\close look mirror in the bathroom, and water pressure is poor. On top, single glass windows ensuring that every horn is well heard in the room.
In between, I had the fortune to invite one of my business associates for the buffet dinner. No problems with the food, which did meet my expectations, but, 2,000 INR per person, with no drinks is a rip-off.
To conclude: overpriced hotel at both, room category and food. There are better options out there for the same price. Don’t bother to book the Hyatt, unless you have cheap corporate rate...!!!

Room Tip: FInd other hotels, rooms in this hotel are small
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank hnrhnr25
brucetim, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Delhi, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Dear Mr. Rotenberg,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Delhi!

With regards to your comments I do hope you have received my letter which was emailed to you and
hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Sincerely
Timothy Bruce
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed at Hyatt, New Delhi for two nights in March 2011. I was anticipating the same standards of service that one associates with the Hyatt name. It was sadly lacking on many points:
1. I arrived at the front porch of the hotel at 1.00 AM. None of the staff manning the bell desk were to be seen. Finally I spotted two guys chatting together. My car dropped me off. I lugged the bags up the steps, then had to frantically call them to take care of the bag and its X Ray security check, et. al. One would have expected them to be attentive to anyone arriving with bags.
2. The front desk took all of 15 minutes to check me in even though there was a confirmed reservation already in their system. I was the only one at the desk at that time.
3. While I was checking in, the bell desk guy brought my bag and promptly dumped it at my side, saying, here it is. "Do you want any further help with it?" This being a five star hotel in Delhi, one would have expected him to escort me to my room, but no luck there.
4. I made my way to my room. No problems there. It was too cold with the airconditioning maintaining a 21C temperature. I turned the knob all the way to 25C. No effect. I tried to call the front desk for assistance. No one picked up the call. After repeated attempts, I called the bell desk. A sleepy voice picked up. I told them that it would be great if they can go over to the front desk and give them a message that they can call me. Nothing happened. I was left shivering in my thin blanket.
5. Paying so much for the room, you expect wireless internet to be free and available. No such luck. I logged in from the room and there was no clear indication whether internet connectivity will be free or charged. I tried calling the front desk, no one is available. I logged off. Finally next day I learned that it was actually charged at exorbitant rates!
6. I needed some toothpaste before retiring to bed. Called up housekeeping. No reply. No one picked up. Since I couldnt sleep all night, I called again at 3 AM. Finally some one picked up and delivered a dental kit. Called front desk again. No response. Apparently they had shut shop for the night.
7. Next day, evening I found room cleaned and made up. However they did not bother to replace the tea bags and stuff used in the coffee maker. I had by then completely given up.
A total waste of money, staying at this hotel. I suspect foul play in how this was given the name Hyatt.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank John2613
Bangalore, India
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I stayed here with my family. The warmth of reception, customer service and food at this Hotel are amazing. My room had a nice view too. My daughter liked the cake in their pastry shop. we had memorable stay here.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Giving you the best value and most cost effectiveness to your money.
Excellent location.
The hotel is very popular, many visitors are to arrive and give you the filling of non stop activities as 7/24.
It is a very central place and a lot of my meetings are made there accordingly.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business