“Our 2nd stay - its outstanding”

Bajaj Indian Home Stay
Ranked #49 of 1,062 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Hamburg
“Our 2nd stay - its outstanding”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The accolades keep flowing for this hotel and so they should. It is my second stay and this time I stayed with my husband. If only all hotels could take a lesson from the staff friendliness and service how wonderful travel would be. I could go on an on about how good this boutique homestay is but all I can say is it is probably the best place to stay whilst in Delhi and within walking distance of the city center. It is always recommended from our heart - Thanks, Martina & Michael !!!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but we prefer to book any of the terrace rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank martinaesper
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Valued Client,

Many thanks for posting your precious review for Bajaj Indian Home Stay, Our team is motivated to continue offering best personalized services maintaining this excellence level from our heart. It is our pleasure to know that your stay at Bajaj Home was wonderful. We look forward for your stay in future as well

Bajaj Indian Home Stay New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We used this hotel for a one nights stay, as part of our return journey back to the UK. It was a 20min trip from the airport and was down a side street away from all the noise of the main road. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean and well equiped. There was no window in our bedroom, but there was one in the bathroom. As we arrived in the dark and left early the next morning a lack of window was not a problem for us. Reading other peoples reviews I think if you were staying longer the type of room would be different. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided in the room and on arrival we were provided with a tray of tea. There was both aircon and ceiling fans to keep you cool. Breakfast was lovely. Take a walk up the spiral staircase at the back of the hotel and you will arrive on a rooftop terrace. This would have been a lovely place to sit and read a book, if we had been staying longer. This hotel had a lovely feel about and we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HCPUK
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear Valued Client, Thanks for posting your precious review for Bajaj Indian Home Stay, Our team is motivated to continue offering best personalized services maintaining this excellence level from our heart. We are delighted to know that your stay at Bajaj Home was wonderful. We look forward for your stay in future

germany
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Rooms are clean but a bit stuffy. Staff was very helpful. Pickup from airport is good. But in total I found it a bit overpriced. The place does not have much charm and is close to a busy shopping area. If you come as a tourist, there are better places: I recommend either Maidens Hotel or Lutyens Bungalow. Both are slightly more expensive but significantly better value: both have that rare colonial charm and style and allow you to relax in peace.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tobias N
Dear Valued Client,

Thanks for appreciating comments in respect of Bajaj Indian Home Stay staff. Our team
is committed to continue by offering best personalized services to all of our valued guests
For your information, Bajaj Indian Homestay is having 10 rooms only whereas Maidens Hotel & Lutyens Bungalow have huge inventory level as compared to our property. Despite of lesser inventory level in Bajaj Indian Homestay we are sill cheaper compared to Maidens Hotel & Lutyens Bungalow, but yes we agree that these two properties are of colonial style whereas our property is based on homestay style wherein every guests gets personalized services.

Rani Bajaj (Mrs)
Bajaj Indian Home Stay,New Delhi
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I would certainly recommend Bajaj to any travellers who are spending time in New Delhi! The food was some of the best I ate in India and all at very reasonable prices. The service was warm, friendly and hospitable, with the staff always willing to go out of their way to make our stay more comfortable. The room itself was modest, but comfortable and very clean.

Room Tip: If able, request the Ganesha room which opens onto the sky terrace..Very beautiful views!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Keani B
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Dear Valued Client,

Thanks for posting your precious review for Bajaj Indian Home Stay, Our team is motivated to continue offering best personalized services maintaining this excellence level from our heart. Its our pleasure to know that your stay at Bajaj Home was wonderful. We look forward for your stay in future

Leh, India
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the Bajaj’s House --from the exceptionally hospitable owner & staff to the beautiful terrace and outstanding room. We were warmly welcomed; we truly appreciated the personalized attention we received. Our room was lovely with a very comfortable bed and a bathroom that little bit spoiled us! As we could not found the at par amenities in the hotels of other cities. This was the perfect place for our two nights stay. We could not have asked for more courteous service, conversation, and just all over niceness! The place was beautiful and the most looked after property we have ever seen....breakfast was wonderful....and the peace and quiet, yet proximity to the town for shopping and just walking around could not have been better. We stayed in one the rooms on the ground floor & was very nice with some amenities that you don't find in other places. Would have loved to stay longer but couldn't on this trip. Highly recommend....bravo to Bajaj and his staff ! Thanx – Mike & Kristin

Room Tip: All are nice with same amenities
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slater883
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for your time to put in your valuable comments about our property on tripadvisor.com. Our staff is dedicated to continue offering best personalized services maintaining high excellence level from our heart. We are delighted to know that your stay at Bajaj Home was wonderful.

We look forward for your next visit to serve you again.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I'm a regular visitor to Delhi and around for my work. This time I found this place interesting and is one of the best places to stay in the city. The rooms are designed with originality and flair, with an exotic feel. The Buddha room on the top looks fab. I am very happy I made this choice. The place is beautiful and well looked after. During my 5 days stay this room got my favourite room which is comfortable and quiet - very important to me as I'm a really light sleeper. A large and varied breakfast is served in the communal kitchen area. The location is perfect for to go for city sightseeing since it is only five minutes’ walk from nearest subway Station. The guys here know well and speak English and were able to recommend things I'd not seen in my previous 7-odd visits . I am sure this will definitely be my place of stay for my upcoming visit. A strong recommend. Thanks - Brian , Amsterdam

Room Tip: All room are good and unique
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Brian B
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I booked this hotel because of the positive reviews on tripadvisor . Far from friendly we found the owner extremely rude and intimidating . We booked for a airport pickup in mid february when we phoned he had no record and told us to catch a taxi .On arrival we were grilled like a police enquiry and I produced the email sent by his staff to say they would pick us up . He acknowledged there was a stuff up but did not apoligize .He did give us a free transfer to airport next day but treated us like kids and dictated to us what time not letting us make the decision. We then were shown a room that was in the basement no window ,extremely noisy from the hotel reception being next door . Hot water was not even switched on . The front reception staff were extremely loud till 12mn when my husband and I went to sleep finally . 4am the front door bell went with kitchen staff and early arrivals . I think this is outragous since we paid INR 4,516 a night . When we left in the morning there was not enough tables for for breakfast . To top it all off there was a beggar in my face right outside the door . Everywhere else in India we found hotel managers and staff extremely polite and considerate and the hotel porter or securityguard gets rid of the beggars . We had booked another night but I immediately cancelled it .I have used tripadvisor alot in the last few years but found this the only time the advice is totally untrue unless this manager has his favourite suporters . Adventure world whom we had a wonderful trip with also uses this hotel so I will certainly be contacting them as well as all the hotels they used during our trip were fantastic and staff extremely helpful and polite .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Liz H
BajajIndianHomeStay, Owner at Bajaj Indian Home Stay, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you for sending your review about our Homestay on Trip Advisor.

Unfortunately the reservation staff forgot to give your transfer details to our transport department about your complimentary arrival transfer from Delhi Airport/ to Bajaj Indian Homestay, Delh.

This mistake was realized only when you called us from Delhi airport. Since it would have taken atleast forty five minutes for our car to reach airport, hence the reception staff requested you to catch a taxi from Delhi airport to reach Bajaj Indian Homestay.

Upon arrival, you were met by the same reception staff and not by the owner.

The reception staff requested you to complete the check in formalities Filling up the registration form

This is the routine procedure for all the guests at all hotels. Guests are supposed to give their passport details, date of arrival in India, date of departure from India, duration of their stay in India as well as their complete address. All these details are mandatory as we have to pass copy of this next day each morning at Ten hrs on to the Delhi Police This was not a grilling exercise.

The reception staff had offered you complimentary departure transfer in lieu of the complimentary arrival transfer not utilized by you since you had to make your own way on taxi to our Homestay.

There is no basement in our Homestay. The room that was allocated to you Rajputana room is located on the ground floor which is little away on the left side of our reception also located on ground floor.

There were many late night arrivals due to which you might had to face inconvenience. Our sincere apologies.

I have taken up this matter with my entire staff at Bajaj Indian Homestay and severely reprimanded them specially the reception staff and the security guard and the kitchen staff for not doing their duty properly. This matter was never brought into my notice by them.

I offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you because of the mistake of my staff. I know that the damage has been done and cannot be repaired now. We will be more careful in future. We will try to minimize the noise level and ensure that breakfast is served more efficiently and guests do not have to wait. We will ensure that this sort of inconvenience is not experienced in future by any of our valued guests. We have also improved our hot water supply in rooms.

We hope that whenever you visit India next time, you will give us a chance to be your host again for which we will offer you accommodation with our compliments.

Best Regards