“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #46 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Delhi
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have been a frequent visitor to Delhi and frequent yellow brick restaurant at this hotel quite often. Yesterday I had visited a garment exhibition at their banqueting. Once again I dined at the restaurant since I was there for an exhibition. Food was excellent once again and I must pen down that their guest areas are very well maintained. Though I did notice couple of seepage affected corners in the old building but hats off to the cleaning team. Kudos to them. I also got a chance to meet their Executive Housekeeper Poonam in the lobby and complimented her for the good work done by the hotel management. I shall continue to visit this lovely hotel.

Cheers!!

Room Tip: Yellow brick food is amazing
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this review, August 23, 2014

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi

At the outset, I would like to thank you for sparing time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It’s always a pleasure to receive a feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a marvelous time at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to all of us.

Thank you again for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to serving you again.

Suman Gahlot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Its always a pleasure being back at the Ambassador
The cleaniness and the warm atmosphere is what you notice as soon as you enter the lobby with its signature Fresh Flower(s) arrangement
The oil lamps never extinguish nor does the attitude to lend a helping hand from the staff
I have been a regular from the lat 18 years+ and have never ever felt like looking for another hotel
The coffee shop and its chief chef Mr Mallik and his signature dish BCC are a fad among the local Delhites
The rooms are big and spacious and clean
Overall a value for money

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Garima66
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this review, August 3, 2014

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi

We are glad that we were able to make your stay with us a pleasant one. Positive review like this is a great source of motivation for me and my team.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a marvelous time at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to me and us.

Team at Vivanta by Taj-Ambassador, New Delhi would be delighted to welcome you back soon.

New Delhi
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I wanted to write about my last visit to the lounge bar - Insomnia, located in Taj Ambassador, however, there is no separate mention of the same on Tripadvisor, so I chose to write it along with the hotel's review.

Beyond doubt Taj Ambassador has an air of regalia and glory to it. Its strategic location at Sujan Singh Park, New Delhi next to Khan market is unparalleled and at times I find it more appealing than the next door Taj Mansingh, which is a luxury Taj Property. Recently, I was in Insomnia, which is next to very famous 'Yellow Brick Road Cafe' to spend an evening with my friend. The place is good and has a laid back appeal to it. There is no loud music, it is dimly lit, offers ample of space to have conversation. However, only regret is with the selection though the menu has ample of choices published but unfortunately most of the beers are out of stock, which to me is amusing, Our server was repeatedly taking order for one brand and coming back with a sorry face telling that it is not available, to a point that he stopped reporting back. Had to call the captain on duty Mr. Vikas, who was polite to admit the stock out and offered us from what is available in selection.
Overall a pleasant experience to be at Insomnia, but terribly sorry with the menu and the stock out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amit_Mittal
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi.

At the outset, I would like to thank you for your feedback for your stay at Vivanta By Taj- Ambassador, New Delhi.

I have made a note of your concerns regarding ‘Insomnia menu’. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. The issue highlighted by you has been taken sternly with the concerned head of the department. Trust this lone incident in no way would dilute your association with the Taj.

We will make sure that you carry back better memories of your stay with us in the future, and towards this please allow us to be of service to you once again.

Do kindly treat this as a one-off aberration, on our part and not a mark of the hospitality that Taj is known for.

I do look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you really want to experience Old Hi-Society Delhi ambience, you have found it in this hotel!
Old world charm, solid interiors, clean & secure along with Taj hospitality is writ large from the moment your car draws into the portico.
I have been using this as a preferred hotel for the past 10 years in my business visits to Delhi (which is almost 8 to 10 times every year) and continue to do so. Rooms are spacious, well appointed, and the bathrooms are equally large. Breakfast is sumptuous and the famed Taj hospitality and customer care shows up on every staff member you meet. The bar is stocked with a decent collection of single malts, though if you are a beer drinker, you may be disappointed with the selection. Bar interiors though, could do with a reflection of the same old world charm.
I ordered room service and the quality of food was good.
I have never been disappointed with the hotel in the past 10 years.
The Khan market complex located next door provides for a selection of over 50 bars & restaurants along with shopping opportunities for you ladies (bargain hard!). The Metro station is located just behind the hotel and so provides for excellent connectivity with any other place in Delhi...
Room rates are reasonable and certainly provide great value for money.
The only downer is they charge for wi-fi at an atrocious rate; your data plan on your mobile may be cheaper!!
As a hotel, it is certainly highly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for an outward (or city) facing room, rather than a room with a balcony facing the insides of th...
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta By-Taj Ambassador, New Delhi.

At the outset, I would like to thank you for sparing time and posting your review for our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have noted your comments on the location of our hotel, food & services. Your feedback has been shared with the team; this sure would encourage our team to strive for better.

Your suggestions ‘bar stock collection & WiFi atrocious rate’ have been noted. I hope you will not hold these issues against us.

Thank you again for your comments; we look forward to serving you in the future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 22, 2014

A mix of the old world charm with some of the modern amenities. Big size rooms, neat and clean. Buffet breakfast is a good spread. You can really have a sumptuous start to the day. Some draw backs - in today's world you would expect free wifi everywhere. They charge a bomb for it. Plus in a large room with the TV about 12-15 feet away you would expect a larger screen for comfortable viewing. So that needs attention. Overall a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Take a higher floor little away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have made a note of your compliment on the room size, amenities & buffet breakfast spread. We are glad that we were able to make your stay with us a pleasant one. Positive review like yours is a great source of motivation for all of us.

Your suggestions regarding ‘complimentary WiFi and television in the room’ have been noted. I hope you will not hold these against us.

Patna, India
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had stayed in this hotel during July in one of my official visits. I was really impressed by the way the Hotel is being maintained in its old charms. From front desk to the housekeeping as well as the restaurant was good. The stay was made comfortable. Thank you guys. WOW TAJ!

1 Thank PramilaManoharan
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi.

It always feels good to receive feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed July 20, 2014

You get the sense that this once was an old-style luxury hotel. Today it's a little worn around the edges. The location near Khan Market make it a good place to stay - within easy walking distance you reach the many shops, cafes and restaurants of this upmarket place. The staff are exceptionally friendly. My room faced an inner courtyard and was quiet. If you want a boutique-style experience then this is probably not the place for you, but you'll be comfortable and well taken care of. It gets minus points from me for not offering free wifi in the rooms. Today I think that is should be standard for a hotel of this kind.

1 Thank christina s

Greetings from Vivanta By-Taj Ambassador, New Delhi

We thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I have made a note of your suggestion regarding ‘complimentary WiFi’. In regard to your comment ‘hotel little worn around’, please note the upgradation process is under way. The same has been taken as a suggestion.

Your compliment ‘friendly staff’ has been shared with our team. We strive every day to ensure our guests have marvelous time at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to all of us.

The team at Vivanta by Taj-Ambassador, New Delhi would be delighted to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Delhi
#1 of 19 in Faridabad
Le Meridien New Delhi
Le Meridien New Delhi
#17 of 715 in New Delhi

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi? Share your experiences!