“A LOVELY OLD HOTEL”

Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi
Ranked #47 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was our first two nights in India and what a lovely old heritage hotel.. A lovely greeting by staff which continued throughout our stay. large rooms and bathrooms= good food with attentive staff
In fact we should import them to UK to train some hotel staff here.. Would stay again. A good start to our holiday with friends.Perfect location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi.

At the outset, I would like to thank you for sparing time and posting your review for our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have made a note of your compliments on the room size & upkeep of the hotel. We are glad that we were able to make your stay with us a pleasant one. Positive review like yours is a great source of motivation for all of us.

There are newer reviews for Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had been to this beautiful hotel in Delhi for 3 nights and it was a reunion holiday with my batch mates but I enjoyed the warm hospitality of this hotel along with my family as well. The hotel is centrally located and just an walking distance from Khan market (used to be our popular hangout during our training days in Delhi). The iconic YBR restaurant has its own charm and food is lovely. Even though the restaurant has a huge space constraint, but the service staff ensures you get a table quicker than you imagine. The Chinese specialty restaurant offered a variety of mouthwatering delicacies and selection of wine is also impressive. Our room was cozy and fit for a family of three (with a kid). My son was spoiled by every staff members since we arrived and all his odd wishes were fulfilled by the hotel team.

Room Tip: Go for higher floor rooms, they have better view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi.

At the outset, I would like to thank you for sparing time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It always feels good to receive e-mail, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful meal and a marvelous time at our hotel. Thank you so much for taking the time out to share this with us. It really means a lot to all of us.

Thank you again for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I regularly stay at the taj vivanta and find it to be one of the most personal yet professional hotels in Delhi. When you are a regular, they would know your name, greet you by the same even if you check in at 1AM. The rooms are large because of the legacy hotel it acquired and the breakfast place is small but food is really good. Highly recommend staying regularly!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vikramdani

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have made a note of your comments on the quality of food & services. Your feedback has been shared with the team; this sure would encourage them to strive for the better.

We are glad that we were able to make your stay with us a pleasant one. Positive review like this is a great source of motivation for all of us. .

Your suggestion regarding the ‘breakfast space being small’ at Yellow Brick Road has been noted and taken up with our Food & Beverage Manager. I hope you will not hold this against us.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Taj is a good place to stay at always, Its located at really good place....Khan Market is located at its right.....Food is good. Rooms are spaceous.....Good for business visits...

If you are looking for a peaceful stay with no rush, no hussel and bussel...thi is the best place. cost is worth the service provided.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj-Ambassador, New Delhi.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have noted your comments on the location of our hotel, food & services. Your feedback has been shared with the team; this sure would encourage them to strive for the better.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have just finished my secondment in India and returned back to Sheffield after 18 months of commuting to and from Delhi. One of the things I miss the most about my time in India is the wonderful experience and hospitality I received from all the team at tis hotel. Ten things I would happily tell all travellers:

1. The team are incredibly polite and helpful.........but know when you just want to say hi and bye

2. The food at yellow brick road is amazing and in the evenings I felt I was eating with my own family because the whole place gets invaded with families. Try the chote Mayan biryani

3. Housekeeping are amazingly attentive and considerate of weekend sleep ins

4. The tailors near the reception desk does amazing tailor made shirts and trousers

5. The drivers at the hotel are the most polite and patient people

6. The hotel is near khan market ....which is the best place for food, shopping and general chilling out. Especially good earth cafe

7. The rooms are perfect and have an Indian charm about them......not bland and corporate like others

8. Room 419 is beautiful ........perfect......with a balcony........fireplace.......ask for that room

9. The team will do anything that is within the realms of possibility to ensure guests are happy.....they booked my stay at the taj in london, birds of paradise flowers for my partner when she came to India

10. I will never forget how everyone made me feel like I was at home. It's a cliche and perhaps an overused phrase.....but I know exactly what that means

To the team at Ambassador .....thank you from the bottom of my heart for a wonderful 18 months and for looking after me. I will be back one day again and as promised will tell everyone about this gem of a hotel in the heart of Delhi's establishment

Liton Ullah

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room or room 419
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Liton U
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Ullah,

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi.

I have made a note of your compliments regarding the food and services . We are glad that we were able to make your stay with us a pleasant one. Positive review like this is a great source of motivation for all of us.

Your kind words for ‘tailor, chauffer & staff at Housekeeping’ have been shared with them. Thank you for this encouragement; this sure would help our team to strive for the better.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you again. My team and I look forward to your continued visits.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador last month on a business trip . The positives first : Good location , large rooms, comfortable bed , courteous staff , good food.
On the flipside - Not a business hotel - you get better amenities and secretarial assistance in lower grade hotels . Although this is a part of Taj Hotels, you don't get the feel of a "Taj" property . The bathroom fittings leave much to be desired. The restaurant for breakfast - Yellow bricks - is too small . Not recommended for business travelers !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj – Ambassador, New Delhi.

I have made a note of your comment with concern regarding ‘secretarial assistance’. Request you to please let us know any specific incident, for us to look into. Your feedback is valuable for us to take corrective action at our end. Also your suggestion regarding ‘Yellow Brick Road’ has been noted.

Your compliments regarding location of our hotel, food & services have been shared with our team. Thank you for this encouragement; this sure would help our team to strive for the better.

I thank you once again for your response.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

What a charming property right in the heart of Delhi. Its truly old and yet regal in its own way and well maintained. Room Service was good. The bed rooms were large ( Since its an old hotel ). The USP would still be the location and neighbourhood, very tony. Very near Khan Market.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
gmvivanta_ambassador, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta By Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi.

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is extremely helpful and important to us in delivering the highest level of quality and service to our valuable customers.

Comments such as yours are welcomed as they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in generating happiness of our guests.

We do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon and that your visit is an enjoyable one in every respect.

Best regards,

#17 of 712 in New Delhi
Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund
Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund
#1 of 21 in Faridabad

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi? Share your experiences!