Vivanta by Taj - Ambassador, New Delhi
The Suryaa(New Delhi)
$86
$62
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hari Piorko(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
$27
$21
  • Restaurant
1,032 results
All reviewsyellow brick roadkhan marketheritage buildinglodhi gardenscoffee shopchinese restaurantbit datedrooms are largeindia gatein room diningmetro stationlocation is excellentroom servicebusiness tripenjoyed my stayhome away from homeexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Comparing the room rents to the normal Taj rates, i kind of assumed that it wouldn't be as good. But I only realised that sometime even less money can get you some Luxury !!
The place is calm and though in the heart of Delhi, you are not disturbed by the sound of traffic. The Khan Market is close by (if you choose to do some expensive shopping) and the underground metro is just outside the hotel's compound - making your city travel very easy (or if you chosse to explore the city and its history with the Metro)

Service was good, the buffet breakfast great. All in all, I'd definitely recommend !!

Room Tip: Dont choose rooms ending with 5 to 9 - you're sure to lose your way !!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed for 6 nights in Room 108. I should have checked Trip Advisor first, because I was lured by the Taj brand and had my expectations high. If you’re expecting Taj luxury and quality, please lower your expectations immediately! The price tag (USD$250 per night) also had me fooled… I was expecting something pretty good for that price… boy, was I disappointed.

First impressions… small and dingy foyer; the public areas very tired with peeling paint; cracking walls; lifting carpet; dank smell. It got worse. I specifically asked at check-in if an iron was in the room, and I was assured it was. Foolishly I didn’t check (it was late and I was tired) so went to find it the next morning and it wasn’t there. Went to my meeting un-ironed and, as I was leaving the hotel, asked for an iron to be delivered to my room. When I returned in the evening, no iron… another phone call and another 30min wait. Another phone call, and an ancient, leaking iron was finally delivered.

More gripes… (1) after four days in the hotel, my minibar hadn’t been restocked and I had to specifically request this. (2) The bathroom was ghastly and appeared to have been renovated in the 1980s (see photos). (3) The breakfast is terrible, with a buffet area the size of a small pantry. (4) The gym is tiny and ill-equipped. (5) I was locked out of my room and had to request re-entry.

On the positive side, the phone centre (internet support, printing support etc…) directs to a Taj switchboard and the team there is amazing. I was disappointed to pay USD$100 for internet and then discover I could only connect my laptop and not my mobile. One call to the Internet Support centre and it was sorted. Another positive is walking distance to the Khan Market.

To be fair, this hotel is offering and delivering a 3-star service, so my 2-star rating is not totally accurate. If they were charging 3-star rates I would happily give 3 stars… but I was charged 5-star rates hence my real disappointment.

Room Tip: Defineitly ask to see a variety of rooms before accepting the room you’re offered. No two rooms are the same, and the quality, size and layout varies DRAMATICALLY! In my six days in the hotel, I saw about five rooms and mine was, by far, the most dated and disappointing. It was also the largest but I’m only one person so would rather something nice and small vs. old and huge.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank manasicaje
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This is an OK Hotel but not what I would expect from the Taj brand. It is in desperate need of a refurb and the décor and Bathrooms are tired. It looks tatty from the outside with paint peeling from window etc.

I had a balcony which was nice.

That being said my rooms (I stayed twice in the same trip) were huge with a separate living room area in one and a large sofa in the other.

The Service was good but the restaurant was very average.

I had issues with the wifi but the staff in the Business Centre were very good and sorted it for me. There was a charge for internet which I always find irritating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We had not booked this hotel so had no expectations. We arrived very late on our first night - close to midnight - and left the next morning. Then we came back three weeks later for our last two nights in India. I do understand the other reviewers but, having never stayed in another Taj hotel, I cannot compare. However, we stayed in much worse hotels in Pushkar and Agra and we really appreciated the location and service in the hotel when we came back. It was also our only hotel with a bath! Our flight back to Europe left at 2am, so the manager offered to let us keep the room until our driver came at 10pm for half price. This was much appreciated as we could have a quick shower and change our clothes before going to the airport. The food was very good. We paid a trip to the Khan Bazaar and got some lovely things. More expensive than Rajasthan but it is a relief to be treated in an almost Western manner. It is an expensive hotel, particularly once all the taxes have been added to your bill, but we would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We spent a weekend during 1st wk of Nov at this hotel with family - wife +2 Kids in a suite. Expereince was average . The rooms are old and i thought a bit claustrophobic. The windows opened out to nowhere i.e. fallow land in between the building. It was darkish even during the day. Furniture was OK but aged. Bathroom was spacious but the floor had cheap white tiles..ughh. Didnt even have a health faucet . The saving grace was the service with a smile. The staff got us a playstation for the kids..that was appreciated. Food was good espeically the buffet breakfast outdoors.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family