“Great facilities”

The Grand New Delhi
Ranked #66 of 712 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just stayed one night in the hotel, I liked the check in and check out process, it was very fast. Hotel rooms are good size, bed is comfortable and room is clean. A little bit different than other hotels I've stayed and good quantity of amenities. Food was very good. I didn't saw any restaurant within walking distance. I had to pay separate for the internet access which was also poor quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Nidhi v, Nidhi Verma, Head PR & Marketing Communications at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Clive,

Dear Blur,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, It is indeed very heartening to know that we could provide you a memorable experience and we are truly honoured that your like our rooms and the food served during your stay.

Thank you for recommending us and we eagerly await your return and hope to be your preferred destination in Delhi (NCR).

There are newer reviews for The Grand New Delhi

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The rooms & the people are gorgeous! The hotel offers an exquisite buffet for dinner & breakfast. The only issue is that the hotel is far from the town and close to the airport. That's why the hotel targets only customers using delhi as a passage (airport) or conferences.

• Stayed: August 2013
Nidhi v, Nidhi Verma, Head PR & Marketing Communications at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback, It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. We are happy to note that your stay was comfortable and our facilities & services were to your liking and expectation. It’s exciting to receive such valuable comments from our guests as we take pride and strive towards delivering an outstanding guest experience to make us the most preferred destination in the City.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed as a guest of Commonwealth Program for a night on 7th August. Eventhough the program organisers had given the hotel clear instruction that all the expenses of the gusts would be met by them (Commonwealth), the reservation lady staff compelled me to pay a deposit of Rs. 5000 which I did not have at 9 pm during check-in. I ahd only cash of Rs. 1350 which she did not accept. Then I gave her my credit card and told her I will not use minibar for any purpose since I am heart patient. She assure me that the amount would be reverted within 24 hrs after check--out. Being from Chennai, I habit of using coconut oil on hair. Since I coul not find any such oil provided in the room, I asked the housekeeping. The staff politely said sorry since the section did not have even a sachchet of coconut oil (hardly it costs Re.1) but suggested sesame oil(Til oil) which was available. Since I did not have choice, I said "OK". When It came to my room, I smelled that it was a mixture of Til oil and other cooking oil. Reluctantly I applied on hair in the morning and went to the conference. The whole day I had severe headache and a sort of allergy by the oil. I later even gave a suggestion the manager to provide such simple amentities which really do not cost high but attract customer satifaction. Hope it will be implemented.
At the time of check out in the afternoon of 8th August, I was reassured by the front office staff that the sum of Rs.5000 would be reverted to credit card account. Even after a week period, the money was reverted. I daily make calls from Chennai to The Grand Hotel and the staff asks details as if he/she hears first time. I don't know when will I get the money reverted. The staff looks to trainees and are not well-informed about the procedures and booking instructions. The staff behaviuor has made me repent - why I satyed in such a hotel. I am sure they will not repeat such careless services in future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having stayed with us and sparing time to provide us with your valuable feedback, However, I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations with regards to our services provided. With regards to the CC details the same is required by each and every guest as per our policies, but eh money is refunded back in case of no usage. This is a normal policy and been followed in by the hotels all over the city.

With regards to late refund the same is done at the banks end, but we do try and push them to have the same sent at the earliest, which we did in your case as well. In case their has been a delay we will take this up with them on a serious note and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Lastly,I would like to appraise you as hotel do keep all the necessity items as amenities in the hotel. However, oil comes in a regular habit and vary from person to person in terms of fragrance and variety and it is not possible for a hotel to keep all of them at every point of time.
But we have taken your suggestion and we will work on the same with our core team members.

Once again thank you so much for sharing your feedback and look forward to welcoming back to our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My stay at the Grand can be considered unproductive since almost the 3 days there I had not access to internet in the entire hotel. My first day it was explained that it was a problem as since it was too late the support was not there. The second day the same, at the end of the day I requested to speak to a manager in charge after "begging" for Internet they gave me the a wi-fi devise...It is not acceptable that at such 5 stars hotel with that rate that I paid it was not able to have something that basic as the Internet!

Some other issues:
- requested a non-smoking room and they gave a smoking, the ashtray was on the desk and with the same check in employee with me at the room and asked what is doing that ashtray in that non-smoking room

Positive:
Very friendly staff and service orientedt
The support service at the check in at the airport very useful

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Nidhi v, Nidhi Verma, Head PR & Marketing Communications at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Andres,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, but I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations, in terms of internet services at the hotel. Also,I do see the inconvenience caused due to smoking room, but i would like to appraise you as we did not have a request for the same earlier as part of your reservation details.

I do wish to reiterate that the above incident is an anomaly and not per our usual high standards of service and again deeply regret the inconvenience it caused to you.

Looking forward to serve you again and welcoming you to renewal on your next visit to The Grand New Delhi.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the grand for a conference and some business meetings.
Firstly the rooms are great and bathrooms enormous.
great swimming pool and the gym was functional if not a little frustrating at times.

But the food oh my, it was to die for I must mention the WOK TOK restaurant which cooked off menu for me and involved me in the creations. The meals were fabulous, I had a tenderloin one night in the main restaurant and that was amazing too. so if you want some luxury and quality food its all there.
Clive

Dear Clive,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were a group of 13 who had the pleasure of dining at the IT on Aug 8.Rare to find in restaurants in 5star hotels our dinner was par excellence without a blemish.Manager Ayush and his team accomodated every possible request to make our event most memorable to the last detail.Courteous service is at its best at the IT.Last but not the least the menu suggestion,presentation and original cuisine taste is unparalelled with the Chef team deserving hearty congratulations.I strongly recommend IT to any one looking for genuine Italian Pasta and Pizza outside of Italy!
Ashok Narayan
Delhi

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nidhi v, Nidhi Verma, Head PR & Marketing Communications at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Ashok 1952,

It is a matter of pride to know that our team lived up to your expectations with their attentive, prompt and personalized service at It restaurant. Your word of appreciation for our associates encourages them to continue to strive for further excellence.

It is through delighted customers that a hotel gains its true recognition. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcome you back for many more elevating moments.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. The check in and check out process was swift and wonderful. After checkout had a half hour delay for my flight, so the staff treated me to a wonderful coffee. The Sunday lunch with live music was great. The songs reminded of my training days as a soldier as those were very popular then. The staff was very courteous all round especially in the restaurant. However faced issues with the WIFI in the room where it had poor or no connectivity. Had to go down to the lobby to do my work.

Room Tip: The WIFI was a problem and since had to use some professional applications, I could not have worked...

Dear AbbeeIaf,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, It is indeed very heartening to know that we could provide you a memorable experience and we are truly honoured and inspired by your recommendation.It’s exciting to receive such valuable comments from our guests as we take pride and strive towards delivering an outstanding guest experience to make us the most preferred destination in the City.

However, I note with great concern that we were not able to live up to your expectations in terms of the wifi facility in the room. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same.

I do wish to reiterate that the above incident is an anomaly and not per our usual high standards of service.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.