Despite being tricked by an airport taxi driver, who took us the long way to the hotel due to "a road closure," we had a lovely stay at the Grand Hotel in New Delhi. You never know what you're going to get in New Delhi, but I've the places we've stayed in, this is a good choice for international travelers who would like a bit of luxury at a reasonable price. Front desk staff greeted us warmly and arranged two rooms on the same floor for our family. The rooms were spacious and warmly decorated. The bathroom was also stocked well and we were pleased to find a strong shower awaiting us. Our room had a nice view of the hotel grounds. There were several dining options in the hotel. We had dinner at the Asian fusion restaurant, one of the best meals we had on the trip. The breakfast buffet was also well-stocked. My only complaint is that the airport shuttle seemed too expensive so we opted to take metered taxis (this time without incident). The hotel was within 15 minutes from the international terminal, which made it very convenient for weary travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of NCR, The Grand New Delhi is one of the city's most luxurious and finest five-star hotels. Well-equipped and luxurious with modern facilities and with its resort like feel having luscious greens, magnificent waterscapes, service par excellence, The Grand New Delhi, is the ideal home away from home for discerning business and leisure travelers. Delivering an extremely exclusive and personalized experience to each of its guests, it is the quintessential destination to relax, unwind and discover the city at your own pace. Ideally located, The Grand New Delhi, previously known as Grand Hyatt, is in close proximity to the best the city has to offer- luxury shopping malls such as DLF Emporio, DLF Promenade, Ambience mall; entertainment destinations, perfectly harmonizing city conveniences, diplomatic enclave, near the airport and elite corporate neighborhood, making it the preferred luxury five star hotel in New Delhi. Boasting 390 elegantly designed rooms & suites; 8 distinctive dining and nightlife destinations; the much acclaimed Spa Oasis and salon, state of the art fitness centre, outdoor Swimming pool; over 30,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces at your disposal, combined with our experience and expertise in organizing banquets, weddings, meetings, and events, The Grand New Delhi offers an unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your The Grand New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Grand New Delhi
- The Grand Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel The Grand New Delhi