“Always a new delightful experience”

The Grand New Delhi
Ranked #67 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
“Always a new delightful experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Well not my first stay at the grand but still the hotel always manages to delight you in a new way. This time I head driven down from jaipur with a friend since the roads from jaipur to delhi are not in a good shape the car had got very dirty, in the morning after having checked out we were surprised to see our car spic and span, without even asking to do so the hotel had got my car throughly cleaned its a small thing but very thoughtful. And as always the staff very warm always smiling and ever willing to help.... Keep up the good work

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Indore, India
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My stay here was for 3 days. the hotel was under part rennovation that time so sitting in the lobby was very painful because of the noise of the furniture work. The rooms though were very nice & the bathroom too was very nice with all the amenities which shall be there in a five star. Although, public conveyence outside the hotel is very difficult to find but the shopping mall right opposite to the hotel solves purpose if you want to shop. The food was not up to the mark.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Ludhiana, India
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I have stayed in The Grand before but this time I thought I should write a review. I am very fond of the Grand as it is possibly the first luxury hotel I have stayed in. The hotel is a good 45 minutes drive from the Airport and in the evenings the traffic can be a real pain. However the hotel is located next to some large Malls and one evening on some other stay when I had a free evening I remember going for a movie to someplace close by

The rooms are standard and of good standard. The front desk check in is quick and efficient. The bathroom is unique and all black. There are some problems with taking a shower without an enclosure as the whole bathroom gets flooded with water. But the toiletries are of good quality. I really try hard to see some possible drawback of the hotel I stay in. But I cannot think of any except it is impossible to get to the hotel on public transport. That would have bothered me in Europe but in Delhi that does not.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I have been searching for my default hotel inn Delhi for 15 years. This year I found it in the unlikely form of The Grand.

This was my first visit as a repeat guest and they made me feel very special.

I can honestly say I can't find a fault here. Perhaps the staff are too attentive. How bad is that?

Example. Checked in at noon. Realised at 1215 I had forgotten my antibiotics. By 1255 a new set were in my hand - concierge despatched a driver to pharmacy - done.

If you are a traveller who has meetings in Gurgaon, Embassy area and downtown Delhi this is the place for you. If like me you are a business traveller seeking a modern hotel in Delhi this is definitely for you.

Finally the in-house pizza is superb!

• Stayed June 2011
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Hotel services for businessman are superb
(1) Convinient lounge.
(2) Complimentary WiFi for internet connection up to 1hr/day.
(3) Very good gym and swimming pool
(4) Excellent Dining room

Room Tip: Ask for upper levels
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We arrived in Delhi after a very long flight from the states. We had booked a room with 2 beds, and upon check-in we had one queen bed. When we called the desk, they let us know that they were completely sold out and offered us a cot. After 22 hours of travel, that sounded like a terrible idea, but we finally relented.
The cot was actually really comfy and the hotel did everything it could to make this situation right. They upgraded us to the Club Floor, send goodies to the room, offered us wine and food, and delivered special chocolates for my mother.
When we returned from sight seeing, we were informed that our room had been changed to a twin room. All of our luggage was moved and set up for us. We remained on the Club Floor.
In spite of the booking error, I loved this hotel. I was one of my favorite hotels in India, and I would definately recommend it. The service was amazing.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The experience was great nicely done up rooms and restaurants the overall look of the hotel is very classy and modern hard to find a hotel on delhi which is so spacious and has lovely gardens.the staff is very warm and ever willing to help specially the ones at the reception.

• Stayed May 2011