“Slow start but once sorted Hotel is excellent”
Review of Maidens Hotel

Maidens Hotel
Ranked #11 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
fareham
“Slow start but once sorted Hotel is excellent”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We arrived as part of a small group tour staying on three seperate nights at Maidens Hotel during our brief 10 day Golden Triangle and Amritsar tour. Check in took an age and after having lost a nights sleep n the overnight flight etc was a bit tiresome, but once finally completed we could begin to enjoy this property. the first night it felt a bit bland as there were obviously not many guests staying so all meals were taken in the Curzon room, whereas when we came back on the second and third visit during our stay the Breakfast Lounge and patio were available also which were very much nicer to start the day.
Rooms are big and airy and overall of a high standard and immaculately clean. I stayed as a single passenger and was more than happy with my rooms having had a variety during my three days at the hotel. the only thing I would say is to add some wall hanings in the rooms to dampen the echo due to the high ceilings.
The Bar also is too small for when several guests are staying if more than say 15/16 people there then it is full and very loud again due to the high ceilings and lack of wall hangings.
The Curzon restaurant was excellent and I could not fault the food in any way whatsoever at this hotel. the chef was always on hand to explain what was on offer on the buffet though I only ate a la carte in an evening the menu was extremely cheap for a five star accommodation as it is in all hotels in India,
Staff at the hotel cannot do enough for you and are extremely pleasant and efficient from the Doorman to the Manager all always greeted you with a smile.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at Maidens Hotel, Delhi. We thank you for posting your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during check-in. This has been addressed with the concerned department to avoid recurrence in the future.

We have noted your comment regarding small bar area as well as lack of wall hangings in the room. This will be incorporated when we plan to upgrade our hotel faclities.

It is feedback such as yours that helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

Once again, thank you for your time. We sincerely look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and had been upgraded to one of the suites. The suites are a fantastic size with large sitting room, massive bedroom, dressing room and large bathroom. Room is well kept and very clean. The rest of the facilities in the hotel are very good with attentive staff and comfortable surroundings. We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Both were wonderful with a great variety of food. We ate both evenings in the garden which was lovely, especially as we were there during diwali.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel becomes your home when visiting this city.
UK
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We enjoyed our brief stay here but for the price improvements could/should be made.

The building itself looks great from the outside and inside first impressions were good. However a lot of the rooms do not have an outside window, just one opening onto the corridor. This makes the rooms feel dark and even the high ceilings not great. Also in several rooms there was an issue with the plumbing. The power socket in the bathroom was broken and as such the supplied hairdryer power lead kept popping out of the wall. The shower was very good though.

The staff were very good, friendly and helpful.

The pool looked great but we did not have time to try it out.

The dinner was very good, decent buffet and a good choice on the a la cart. However breakfast not very good, the pasteries were dry and the sausages were not cooked properly.

Overall I would not recommend this place in its current state of upkeep for the price they charge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with respect to the hair dryer. This has been addressed with the concerned department to avoid recurrence in the future.

I am pleased to inform you that we have already enhanced our breakfast buffet at our newly renovated restaurant, The Garden Terrace. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation of our staff.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

While the property transports you back to a glorious past, the rooms, the service, the whole experience was really pretty average. Wi-Fi is exhorbitant and there is no "public area" Wi-Fi; the staff were courteous but not overly helpful; food was lovely but there was only one choice of restaurant; our room was massive but not particularly well-appointed (and very little in the way of amenities).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at Maidens Hotel, Delhi. We thank you for your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

I have taken a note of the issue regarding room amenities. We have addressed it with the relevant team members to avoid recurrence in the future. We request you to treat this in isolation & non representation of the Maidens experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We sincerely look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Maidens is a nice decent property, easily we went back to the days of imperial India, this 110 years old is really a nice place to stay. The rooms are spacious with a big living, a dressing, a bedroom and a wide bathroom. Employees are caring and the food is good. After a tour to the city and historical places, when we used to return, Maidens provided us a very nice, cool, calm and pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at Maidens Hotel, Delhi. We thank you your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you were to your satisfaction.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all times.
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We picked this hotel because it had a pool and as it was the final leg of our Golden triangle Tour, we thought that we would treat ourselves. The welcome at the hotel was okay, and checking in pretty straightforward. First impressions are pretty good as the reception area is very impressive. Our room did not really reflect the grandiose of the reception area, and I would say that it was pretty average with the bathroom requiring some renovation / decoration. We were going to eat here, but the prices are very high and I was not prepared to pay that much for a curry. I expect that it may have been very good so cannot comment on this. The next morning I was pretty ill (Dehli Belly) nothing to do with the hotel I might add. We went down to breakfast and my wife who was also feeling a little fragile had a slice of toast, I had some mint tea, and my son had some cereal and a couple of cakes. Imagine my surprise when one of the waiters came running after me to pay for a bottle of water I had at breakfast, I could not believe it. The cost of the breakfast is about £6.00 and all I had was a cup of tea yet they still wanted me to pay for the water. To round up, I think that this hotel is relying on past glories and is trying to make money by charging guests for everything. I wish we had gone back to the Hans Plaza in Dehli which was a better all round hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We hope you recovered well from the “Delhi belly” and had an easy travel back home. I have taken a note of the issue faced during breakfast and addressed it with the relevant team members to avoid recurrence in the future. We request you to treat this in isolation & non representation of the Maidens experience.

If there is anything we can do to minimize the inconvenience caused to you, please do write me on Puneet.narula@maidenshotel.com. I will be happy to receive your email.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Maidens Hotel is expensive, impersonal and charmless - coasting along on the back of its impressive-looking colonial building. Rooms facing the rear of the hotel have a window onto the corridor but no window onto the outside of the building. Our A/C did't work - no problem, Sir, someone will be up to sort it out. It never was fixed. Eating supper outside was like eating in a car park - lit by security floodlights. The pool was ancient, uninviting and tired - it reminded me of Clapham Public Baths. I don't usually whinge about hotels - it's just that Maidens is a 3 star hotel masquerading as something smarter. The prices are iniquitous - your money would be much better spent in a more modest boutique hotel elsewhere in Delhi. Avoid.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused with respect to the air conditioning and that no one attended to your complaint. This has been addressed with the concerned team members to avoid recurrence in the future.

We appreciate your feedback about the experience at dinner as well as the swimming pool. We will take these points into consideration when we plan to upgrade our facilities.