“Colonial Building”
Review of Maidens Hotel

Maidens Hotel
Ranked #11 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Simple, wide and clean room, well maintained garden.
It's 5minutes walk from METRO STAION(CIVIL LINE) south gate. Restaurant is good.
Colonial building is beautiful but is also old, water in the bathroom is sometime too dirty to having shower.

• Stayed: November 2012
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have noted your comment regarding dirty water and refrred the issue to our chief engineer to ensure that this does not re-occur in future.

My team and i look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Maidens Hotel

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Maidens hotel was built in the early 1900s and is truly beautiful. It is one of Delhi's oldest hotels - very collonial. Our bedroom was superb, it opened from a magnificent landing (through large double wooden doors) into a wonderful very large lounge complete with sofa and easy chairs, coffee table desk and cabinets. From the lounge you entered another large room, again through beautiful double wooden doors - the bedroom. Off the large bedroom was a very large bathroom, complete with a double shower and large bath. The grounds and swimming pool are lovely for sitting around.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone - it is truly a wonderful experience, although drinks are rather costly.

Room Tip: Try to obtain a room at the front of the hotel, it certainly isn't noisy, and our room was at th...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us . We thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel. We have noted your comment regarding high price of drinks and we have referred the issue to our senior management to take immediate action.

Your comments are valuable to us which helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very nice & clean rooms .....me & my friend stayed here & had a memorable time ...we like almost everything here, staff is very much helpful & accommodating,rice restaurant & good swimming pool .
Colonial time built up hotel but very well maintained only thing i missed here is window .

I will stay for sure in future as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: corner rooms are very much preferable !!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel.

It is heartning to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. I thank you for your generous comments. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our first hotel stop on our tour of India and it was an oasis after the really long flight! The breakfast was amazing and it was the best chai we had while in India. I was very impressed with the rooms, very clean and I loved the high ceilings!

Would definitely recommend it! Its a quiet getaway from all the chaos :)

Dear Guest,

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review on Trip Advisor.

My team and i look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Old fashioned hotel, slightly faded grandeur but offering oasis of calm in Delhi. Comfortable, quiet, large room but only lit by internal frosted window to corridor. Despite number of rooms and evidence of upmarket tour groups passing through, hotel seemed underpopulated throughout our 3 days there in November. Public rooms surprisingly small. Good all day service in garden terrace restaurant, “international” menu however includes authentic Indian dishes. We did not try the more formal dining room. Situation means journeys by road can be protracted (1.5 hours from airport in middle of day, 30 mins back to airport in middle of the night), but Civil Lines metro is close to the hotel giving good access to sights (NB we saw no other Westerners using the metro but it is efficient and safe). Pleasant but unheated pool.

Dear Guest,

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel becomes your home when visiting this city.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We only stayed here for one night at the start of our round the world trip. This hotel is an oasis in the middle of Delhi, with beautiful grounds in which to walk around. The hotel itself is built in the colonial style, our room was lovely - very clean, large with a separate dressing room and fantastic shower. The staff were very helpful but beware that there is nowhere else to eat nearby and the food in the hotel is very expensive but good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rosesMiltonKeynes
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Oberoi Maidens, Delhi, it was a pleasure having you with us.

Whilst I am pleased that you were generally happy with your stay and look forward to coming back.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and most of all, provides us with insights on not just our strenghts but also the area where improvement is required. I have shared your comment regarding high price of food with our senior management and can assure you that they will revising new rates for food.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Maidens was a lovely hotel with an excellent staff. We had an executive suite, with a huge sitting room, a large bedroom and a great bathroom. The rooms were clean, newly renovated and quite comfortable. The only drawback is that some of the rooms are interior -- with no windows to the outside. The windows that are there are covered for privacy (ours looked out to the hallway.) It was fine for our stay -- but an extended stay could get claustrophobic. Other than that -- I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Devinder was of particular help -- going all out to help me find a particular spice I wanted. The hotel also provided us -- at not charge -- with a room for us to use after we had checked out but before we left for the airport to catch our 2am flights. Also -- the hotel is walking distance from the Metro station - making it easy to get around Delhi. I cannot say enough good things about the hotel and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior room with windows
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews on Trip Advisor about your experience at Maidens Hotel.