“wonderful hotel to stay”
Review of Maidens Hotel

Maidens Hotel
Ranked #11 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Dundee, United Kingdom
“wonderful hotel to stay”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

great hotel to stay at, its bit outside of the city venter. but it was convenient for our purpose so stayed here. we have a suit like room, with a living room and a walk in wardrobe.

The hotel breakfast area is small, but the food is good. there isn't much outside the hotel but there is a nice cozy restaurant on to the right hand side 100 meters of the hotel which is very good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Hiran K
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

My team and i look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Harrow
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Have to say that this is one of the best places I have stayed in. The staff are friendly and first class when it comes to service. We turned up after spending a night on the train from Bikaneer looking slightly ruffled to this high standard hotel, but they made us welcome nevertheless!! We had the buffet breakfast which has a great choice and no matter how much English Breakfast I asked for they obliged with a smile!
The room was big, spotlessly clean and a real pleasure to stay in.
Now this is one place I would definitely recommend to stay.
When you come out of the hotel and turn right, it is a two minute walk to the metro which is only two stops to the main markets, fort etc so I thought it was a good location. I could pick up a tuk tuk fairly easily and cycle rickshaws nearby.
Take time to stay here if you want to be looked after.
And the pool............. ahh coming from cold London to an outdoor pool was superb. Towels provided and staff nearby to assist and very chilled and relaxed.
Great grounds and very peaceful.
I really enjoyed my stay here.
Well done Maidens Hotes

Room Tip: Have a swim in the outdoor pool. Metro a two minute walk away on the main rad.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Taz68Harrow
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel.

It is heartning to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. I thank you for your generous comments. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Maidens Hotel.
New York, NY
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The service and rooms here are outstanding. Spotlessly clean. Mine had a huge bathtub and a separate sitting room. The building itself is spectacular. Hotel was run meticulously and staff was always friendly. Breakfasts were excellent and there were cooked-to-order omelets as well as breakfast (egg and tomato) dosas. This is one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in. If you wish to avail yourself of the crowded-but-air-conditioned Delhi Metro...there is a station a few feet away.

BUT: if you plan on taking taxis, keep in mind this hotel is WAY in the North of Old Delhi...so it is a bit hard to get to and from and it is definitely not a place to spend a lay-over as it is far from the airport. It is not always easy to get a cab in this area. There are plenty of bicycle rickshaws near the Metro station, but few taxis. If you have a local mobile # (or Indian SIM) it's no problem: you can call a radio car, such as Easycab but if you have to book a car through the hotel, they will basically charge you the round trip fare if you're going anywhere in New Delhi. And for some reason hotel policy will not allow them to call a radio cab for you. This became a major frustration, and is a policy the hotel should consider changing for the benefit of their clientele. It would be the only reason I would consider not staying here in the future. (And under normal circumstances would have led me to knock a star off my review; the fact that I didn't should be seen as a testament to how excellent this hotel is in all other aspects.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mikebern
MaidensHotel-Delhi, Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing your valuable time and sharing experience on trip advisor. We are glad to note that you enjoyed the satay at hotel.
We have noted your concern about the radio cab and would like to assure you that it has never been a policy of the company to use hote cars only instead guest preferences are always important to us.
Entire front desk team has been reprimanded on the issue and briefed to comply with the guests request.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.
Yorkshire
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We only stayed one day and a night but I have to say it was great. The room we had was superb and the service very good. The food served was very good. and I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Delhi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wilsod
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Maidens Hotel for your stay in Delhi. We are glad to know that you
Liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.
Look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Maidens. Rooms were great, location in Old Delhi was brilliant and not too far from the metro. Staff were very friendly and the hotel was incredibly good value for money. As other reviewers have written - our best hotel of our entire trip and I've have no hestitation in recommending it to thers

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dastardley1971
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens hotel.

I am happy to note that our hotel was the "best hotel" through your entire trip in india and you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence. Your generous feedback has been shared with the team for making your stay a comfortable one.

I once again thank you for your kind words and your recommendation. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Maidens and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel become your home when visiting this city.
scotland
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed hre over 20 years ago on my first visit to India and coming back was a fabulous experience. Our room was spotless. The reception staff were lovely and so helpful (one chap called Avinav was exceptionally pleasant). All in all this is a great place to stay. The pool is really deep and our son loved that. The gardens are well kept and perfect for relaxing in. Very near the Red Fort and the Metro which makes getting around easier. There's not a lot of noise or hustle and bustle and I would thoroughly recommend it to young, old, families etc.
ps: if you don't want to eat in the restaurant all the time walk to the cafe down the road (Mocha) which is fab too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank holiday232323
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Maidens. We thank you for sparing your valuable time to evaluate our product and services.

We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and that the facilities provided to you were to your satisfaction.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all times.
Michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel
..beautiful,modern rooms, the architecture is amazing.The staff was very friendly and nice!! I would definitely go back there..the metro is also close by. The best hotel we stayed at on our India tour.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank raindrops187
Dear Guest,

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review on Trip Advisor.

My team and i look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.