“An excellent hotel with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 708 Hotels in New Delhi
Oxfordshire
“An excellent hotel with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

I stayed at the Oberoi for the best part of a fortnight while I was working at the Commonwealth Games. It was perfect for my purpose...I was working anti-social hours, returning to the hotel at 1.30am and yet the room service was always prompt with a reasonably interesting menu. I was also therefore sleeping late but - although the room was close to the lifts - it was extremely quiet.
The room itself was very comfortable with a well equipped bathroom, the public areas were attractive and the pool was excellent, allowing for some serious lengths.
But I was impressed above all with the quality of the service. The staff were unfailingly polite, efficient and helpful. And honest. As a simple example, I left a small, relatively valuable package in my room when checking out, but it was mailed to me back in the UK within 3 days after I'd reported the loss.
This is a five star hotel so anything less than excellence would be a failure of course but I was nevertheless impressed and would happily recommend the hotel to a friend or colleague.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

We are delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At The Oberoi New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Warm regards
Executive Assistant Manager Food and Beverage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

Nothing to com[plain about- good location, good service, food etc, though the breakfast service did not manage to serve the waffles in time.
Smooth check-in and check-out.
Quite expensive, so perhaps not grfeat value.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, December 4, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

We have taken careful note of your feedback regarding breakfast service. We endeavour to train our staff to the highest standards. It seems we could not meet your expectations this time. We do apologize for the inconvenience and request you to treat this incident in isolation.

We look forward to welcoming you back

warm regards
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed a week so we got to know the restaurants, swimming pool and malls quite well. One thing which struck me was the across-the-board excellence which my management experience tells me only comes from the office of the General Manager (my hat is too to him). If I pushed the button for a butler he was there in 30 seconds, if I had a question for the front desk it was resolved in a flash, the conceirge could arrange anything and it was trustworthy, the grounds were spotless and the staff sincerely was trying its best. I have traveled globally for 40 years and am very hard to impress but this place was really excellent -- one of the best.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging compliments. We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel

Sincerely

Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2010

Came here for a week in October and had a truly unforgettable experience. The staff are were attentive beyond the call of duty, making it a point to remember our particular orders and drinks on a daily basis. The hotel was immaculate and the design modern and sleek. Loved the 360 concept of all types of foods - but I tend to stick to vegetarian indian when in India. Also loved the new pool and its design. The indoor pool is breathtaking. Spa treatments were excellent as was the service throughout the hotel. Even at the security checks, the guards wear white gloves so as not to dust up your bags (particularly if you have elegant stuff after a party). One of the best hotels I have stayed in. Rooms are not exactly on the same par as the hotel lobby, but they were clean and tidy and worked for us.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel

Sincerely

Executive Assistant Manager Food & Beverage
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Oberoi Delhi as our first stop of our honeymoon trip.
The hotel was great and service was impeccable! The restaurant three-sixty was very modern and had excellent food. Very highly-recommended!

Important tip for other travelers - our 2-week trip to India was made much more convenient and pleasant by hiring a private driver, which really made our trip fantastic and made traveling through India much easier and enjoyable. We booked through this website and were taken care of by the owner himself, Ramesh Kumar, who has 15 years of experience in driving all over India. He was very professional and accommodating, speaks excellent English, and exceeded all expectations!

1 Thank smilingtraveler12
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback of our product and services

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi New Delhi

Warm regards
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

I think this is the one of the best hotels in the city. They have a very warm and friendly atmosphere and is quite, attractive and peaceful. I really enjoyed the food. The view through the hotel room glass was awesome. Hospitality of the hotel members was incredible. I'm sure I will be surely taking another plunch into it next time when I land in Delhi.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank FuriousJo
Dear Guest

Thank you for the appreciative comments about our team and our hotel. I am glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Chamba, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2010

This hotel is one of the best and i recommend it because of 1. services are very good if not world class. 2. there are huge gardens around 3. rooms are quite good.
I always stay in this hotel whenevere I go to delhi for business meetings etc. Its very close to India gate and is about 15 min drive to Cannaught place

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Oberoi_NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for complimenting our services. It would be our pleasure to further make your stay comfortable should you have any particular preferences that we could take care of.

Looking forward to meeting you when you visit next,

Rizwan Shaikh