“Exellant of Exellance”

Ranked #3 of 713 Hotels in New Delhi
Jaipur, India
“Exellant of Exellance”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Was there at hotel oberoi at new delhi on 28 april to attend a meeting at neelgiri. It was my first visit to this property and it was love at first sight. Beautiful ambiance & rich interior and decor of the lobby area.Enjoyed a very delicious veg food. The services of supportive staff is superb. Overall marks 09.5/10.

Room Tip: Amazing. must go.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel, team and services especially the hotel food.

Vice President and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at the Oberoi New Dehli. My only complaint is that I wasn't there long enough! Professional, polite and conscientious staff, a lesson in customer service that many other venues could do well to learn from - especially in the UK. Spacious rooms, fantastic dining options including an extensive room service menu, airport transfer service to take the stress out of your trip and a fabulous spa experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging words of appreciation. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the airport services, restaurants and the hotel Spa

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
london
Reviewed May 7, 2014

If you want the very best service then the Oberio is the only place to stay.

We have tried other hotels in New Delhi but nothing can compare. Every single member of staff go above and beyond their duty to make every single person feel welcome, valued and like a VIP. Nothing is too much trouble, everything is done with a real smile and they know your name.

From the moment of arrival to check out it was a complete pleasure. It is the little things that count, such as being remembered as a returning guest, making the effort to help celebrate a special occasion or just making you feel important whether you are a tourist or business guest.

It is the people who make this hotel so lovely and I really cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Far and away the best hotel I visited in a recent business trip to India. From initial reception to departure I was welcomed, cared for and indulged so that my stay was restful.room service and meals were of very high standards. Yoga classes were well run. All staff tried to offer exceptional service.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KrisPeter2013
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the arrival experience, the hotel food and the yoga classes.

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My friend and I concluded our "Indian Journey" at the Oberoi New Delhi, after travelling at four other Oberoi hotels en route over a 9-day period, starting in Mumbai, on to Udaipur, Jaipur, Agra and finally New Delhi. I cannot speak highly enough of the unique ambiance of each hotel, the fine cuisine and the excellent service, from the moment of arrival to the moment of departure. A truly memorable experience!

Perhaps only two small criticisms:

The free WiFi internet service provided was only for a period of 30 minutes per day - thereafter chargeable. I feel that this is not appropriate for a 5-star hotel. WiFi should be complimentary, in my opinion.

Regarding the Oberor New Delhi, I was disappointed in the rather tiny, poky bathroom in my room, with no separate shower stall. I understand that this facility is not new (although maintained in superb condition), but clambering in and out of bathtubs is not for everyone, especially as one gets a bit older! Other than this however, 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: My friend had a suite adjoining my room at the end of the corridor, and it was to die for!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel, team and services. We are glad that you left with a positive impression of our product and services and we were able to exceed your expectations.

I have also taken note of your comments regarding the internet being charged. I am happy to share with you that we offer room rates where complimentary internet is also included. We have a small inventory of contemporary rooms and suites.Should your travel brings you to Delhi; I will be delighted to organize suitable accommodation. Please write to me directly at Jay.Rathore@oberoihotels.com

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The oberoi is a really luxury hotel, since I arrived at the airport they have nice BMW 5 series to pick you up and bring you to the airport ( My rate was including this) at the reception when I arrived they had everything well prepare in order to not delay my check in ( which was at 03.00 am in the morning!) so this was nice considering my previos 8 hours flying. Room is just amazing and the bed was awesome. I Spent 2 night in the hotel and at the restaurant the service is just remarkable. Very assertive and kindly staff help you to make the right choices on drinks and even on food......and if its not in the menu, does not matter. They make whatever is possible to satisfy you and even they bring one of the Cheffs staff just to explain you what are you eating. Late check out was also very nice ( also included on my rate) and overall it was a nice experience. I travel a lote around the world and my staying at the Oberoi is one that I won't easy forget

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Liverpool
Reviewed May 1, 2014

All aspects of out two night stay were at a very high standard - Check in, management of our luggage, quality/menu/service of the meals, quality and facilities of the room, and efficient check-out.

From the outside the building looked a little grim, but this was utterly misleading, as the place was great in all respects. All staff were eager to please without being overbearing, and though there is a no-tipping policy for individuals, we happily left an envelope at the desk as we left.

The hotel was chosen for us by our tour company - Uniglobe - so I don't know what was paid for the room, but bearing in mind the cost of the tour, it must have been excellent value. I will happily stay here again if I revisit New Delhi, and will recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JDavidJLiverpool
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, May 2, 2014