Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“What a wonderful stay!”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #2 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
San Diego, California
“What a wonderful stay!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was treated like royalty; all were thoughtful, courteous, caring, considerate on every level. My room was always beautifully made up, the food was delicious and my gluten-free diet was addressed by the dining room staff. Whether it was suggesting places to visit, calling a taxi for me, or making sure I had the phone number of the concierge when I went out on my own; the attention to detail and making sure I was well taken care of and safe were incomparable. I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services; we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Rome
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Hotel very nice with a dress commercial centre inside with zara burberry etc.
A rich hall facing on the great pool. There is also a gym, a sauna and internal swimming pool, massage center. Too cold as a habitat with white marble around.
Good the business centre with someone all present and available. There are private business rooms, conference rooms and a common business center. Wi fi is not fruible. I needed but they had to activate me 15 mins per time notwithstanding I had my payd wifi in the room.
The service was very high level, they passed and phoned me in order to check if all was fine and to welcome me.
There is international television, wide room with a nice desk, also a DVD is present and a list of films from bolliwood and holliwood.
Elegant belle époque style room and bathroom in red marble.
There are two restaurant, One for Dinner was very rich with many international and Asian too breakfast. Also a la carte is available.
There is an Italian restaurant. Service was very kind and the cook Italian. Very good the meal, except for the dimension of the portions but high quality. Oil was Italian and vinegar too. Many association particular and tasteful.
Cost very high expecially for the wine 60 euro for an Italian wine that in Italy costs less than 6 euro.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andre1DB
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, New Delhi on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services especially the health and wellness facilities, business centre and dining facilities at the hotel especially the Italian restaurant, Travertino. Our Italian restaurant operates in collaboration with Hotel Hassler in Rome and we proud ourselves in serving the authentic Italian fare.

With regards to your comment regarding wine prices, the government taxes on the procurement and service of wines does make it expensive. However, we have reviewed our prices and even compared with similar hotels and have found us to be in fact lower than the most. Also we do have beverages priced in different price bracket.

West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have just returned from a magnificent tour of Northern Inaia, organised with the charming Amrita at the Oberoi head office. We stayed at 6 Oberoi hotels, used an Oberoi car and driver plus local guides as required. We have had a wonderful holiday. I am listing each review with the same heading, changing only the part number in case it helps anyone contemplating a similar trip.
The Oberoi New Delhi has the most fantastic staff, they are friendly, efficient and helpful. In truth the rooms are a bit dated and the bathrooms rather small, (a major refurbishment is in tne pipe line), but this just doesn't matter because the staff are just so good.
We ate in both the 360 restaurant, which was great, and the Oriental which was ok but not very romantic. I would reccomend using just the 360.
The loccation is very good for the major tourist sights but not good if you want to walk to local retaurants etc.
All in all a very good start to our trip.
Two further points which apply to all Oberoi properties. First and an excellent idea, Oberoi do not encourage individual tipping, only a sealed envelope at the end of the stay. This does stop the tip tension for the guest and encourages genuine staff service. ALL staff share the combined tip box revenue. Second Oberoi charge for wifi, this unusual in my experience and poor for such top grade hotels. We negotiated free wifi as part of our package.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found the overall customer service excellent. With regards to the room, I regret that it did not meet your expectations. While all our rooms are extremely well appointed and comfortable, we also have a small inventory of more contemporary styled rooms and I will be happy to personally show them to you on your next visit.

Thank you for your complimets regarding our tipping policy.

DELGFA
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Excellent inner environment, nice floors, nice food, nice services for business meetings, stay and venue for conferences. peaceful environment. The staff are couteous and ready to help. The hotel is preferable and enjoyable for group meetings.

Room Tip: Rooms on northern side
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services especially the quality of stay, food and business services.

We have a dedicated team looking after meetings and conventions and I am glad that you and your colleagues enjoyed the Oberoi hospitality.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Exemplary service and the staff always make you feel at home and have a solution any problem you have during your stay. Food and Breakfast is very good at 360. Would any day go back to stay at The Oberoi, Delhi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services; we are glad that you felt at home.

Shillong, India
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My overall experience at The Oberoi, New Delhi was excellent and I must say that every penny spent was worth it.
Stupendous food and the service.
The way detailing have been done on all minute aspects is something quite rare to see in other 5-stars. Kudos to the wonderful team in ensuring the best possible experience for a customer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services; we are delighted you felt special.

At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

New York
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were in India for three weeks and stayed in mostly Oberoi and Taj properties as well as some of the famous heritage hotels. The Oberoi Delhi was our last stop in India and it felt more like a Grand Hyatt in NYC. The lobby is very active and used alot for business meetings. Most of the staff speak perfect english,including all the waiters. The restaurants are pretty good and clean. The location is in a more affluent section of Delhi. The rooms and bathrooms are nothing special and a little worn down. For us, it was a bit of a let-down after experiencing the over-the-top hospitality, ambiance and character of India's finest heritage and luxury properties.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found the overall customer service excellent. With regards to the room, I regret that we did not meet your expectations. While all our rooms are extremely well appointed and comfortable, we also have a small inventory of more contemporary styled rooms and I will be happy to personally show them to you on your next visit.