Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Oberoi - a name you can count on!”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #2 of 715 Hotels in New Delhi
Toronto, Canada
“Oberoi - a name you can count on!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I recently returned from a FAM trip to India and had the pleasure of having a site inspection and tour of the Oberoi. The Oberoi New Delhi had the same magnificence and attention to detail that the Oberoi group is renowned for! Such beautiful rooms and views too! Never realized Delhi was so green.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank steveperkins1984
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services especially the location of the hotel.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you and your guests back to the hotel.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bhopal, India
Reviewed October 23, 2013

hi, i belong to bhopal. it was my first trip to delhi and i was very much exited about my first visit to the capital city and confused on the other side, that where should i stay. we did not had any budget problem as our trip was
planned. We chose to stay in Oberoi - Delhi. Oberoi is a very famous hospitality group and also won many awards. The hotel is situated in the center of the city. The hospitality and the accommodation of the hotel were amazingly good. They provided us the guide and wifi facility too along with the spa and gym facility too.

our choice of staying in the oberoi was perfect.
thank you oberoi group.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sweksha1

Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed three nights here last week. Its a large and fairly traditional five star well located in Delhi. On the first night i had a double overlooking Houmayouns tomb. This was actually quite distant and there was a major road to overlook in the foreground. I moved for the next two nights (simply as a friend joined me and we moved to a twin) and we had a view of the golf course. This was definitely the better view and a quieter room. Attentive staff had given me a room near the lift as asked at booking and the service (including floor butler) throughout was excellent. The room was always super clean and had a great bathroom. The staff in the restaurant were pleasant and attentive with breakfasts particularly good, with one guy in particular remembering my name and my picky omelette order each morning. My only real gripe about this hotel (which i made clear at the time) is that there is only 30 mins free wifi a day and with these five star rates this is just not adequate. There is not even free wifi in the lobby for those needing to work. I didn't get a chance to use the spa unfortunately so cant report on that. I would probably stay again although only if I could negotiate a deal on the WIFI.

Room Tip: In my opinion the golf course view rooms are quieter and have a 'greener' outlook.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wanderingstar68
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services especially the service during breakfast.

I have also taken note of your comments regarding the wifi. We do have wifi included room packages and will be delighted to offer you the same if your travel brings you back to the city.

Ajmer, India
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed in oberoi, delhi in september 2013..it was indeed a pleasure for 2 nights and 3 days..staff is very cooperative and whatever the minute problems in the room, was quickly sorted out. Bychance, i reached there a few hours earlier than my actual booking time, done by my company, but they made me comfortable and gave me the room as early they could. The restaurent, gym , pool were good enough..room was decent..One thing i say that bathroom should be more spacious, as it was not, but cleanliness was good..the view from the room was quite ordinary..overall a must stay if coming to delhi..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rockey234
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very nice quality rooms, very clean and comfortable. The bathroom could be a bit larger, but perfectly sufficient. Good quality toiletries provided and a menu of pillow choices you can order. Room Service is extremely fast and provided by the most courteous of staff. Everyone staff member I've encountered has a smile on their face and truly makes you feel welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services especially the in room dining service.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed 5 times since April 2013 till September raging from 1 to 3 days. Pickup at airport starts with great courtesy and comfort of wet napkin and cool water and information as you travel of places on the way and time to reach the hotel. Arrival is nothing great except for some candy. Check-in is efficient and accompanied by staff that you do not expect to pay tips. Tips policy is spelt out well. Rooms are well equipped with excellent view of Delhi public school ? ,and at distance Baha'i temple on a clear day. 360 restaurant is excellent for people like me who choose veg. Of course non veg must be great by the crowds expression. Majority of staff are under 25? Looks like and they recognize you and your tastes on second visit. One such boy is Aditya. Fruit platter in room is copourful. Not so great is the problem that there is no walking path. Gym is the only option. Overall you will love the simple style and old carpets in lobby. There are alarm clocks given which invariably had dead batteries. They also could not provide oberoi advantage card. Always out of stock and the staff is never there when you are likely to be in the hotel. Never understood why. Few negatives but many positives.

Room Tip: I stayed in several rooms. All were great. Chose with the view I mentioned. That will be good as you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank R R K
Dear Guest,

I have also taken note of your comment on the alarm clocks and the Oberoi Advantage card. We regret the inconvenience. Your feedback has been taken up with the respective department heads and the same has been addressed.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was very disappointed with this Oberoi hotel in many aspects.
When I first booked, 4 months in advance, they asked for my check-in time, and when I said 7.30 AM, they responded that they would gladly have the room ready so that we could check-in immediately, in order to rest from our long plane trip. One week before our arrival, as soon as our cancellation date had expired, they wrote us saying that they had just noticed that we were arriving early so we would have to pay for an extra day, giving us no choice to book elsewhere.
Another thing that was upsetting was that they couldn’t give us 2 hours for a late check-out as they were allegedly fully book, although the place seemed quite empty.
The hotel looks nice and the photos of the room I’m posting look great, as one cannot smell in photos; but there was this awful smell of mildew everywhere especially in the halls and our room. When I complained about it, they said they were aware of the problem, and explained that it was due to the past rainy season and they were trying to solve the problem. I guess they tried by burning incense that penetrated our nostrils and made our eyes teary.(They have the monsoon season every year, mind you).
The restaurant was very good and we ate some excellent curry.
If I happen to return to Delhi some day, I’ll stay at the Leela Palace Hotel, where some Mexican acquaintances, who also arrived early, said they didn’t need to pay extra, and that the hotel was new, smelled of fresh air and had great service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FromSaoPaulo
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services. At the onset I will like to apologise that we did not meet your expectations.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the late intimation of the charges for an early arrival, I must confess I am a bit confused as the room was indeed offered to you for an early check in at no extra charge. I have copies of your invoice that I shall be happy to scan and email to you. With regards to the musty smell, we do have an exhaustive dehumidification programme and facilities; however it seems that your stay was adversely affected on that particular day. We sincerely regret the inconvenience.

I do hope you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and that you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality and services. We value your patronage and would request you to return to stay with us on your future visits.

Kind regards