The Oberoi
La Sagrita(New Delhi)
Megha Homestay(New Delhi)
  • Restaurant
1,787 results
All reviewsdelhi golf clubindoor poolbutler servicechinese restaurantbusiness hotelwonderful hotelfive star hotelmonaspaindiathreesixtyluxuryconciergedriveragrahospitalitysingh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Beautiful property but what sets it apart is the staff. We popped in just for a drink after taking the shuttle from the Indian Handicraft Fair. I have to confess we were not even staying at the hotel but I felt compelled to write this review because of the kindness of the staff in the bar and how they went way above and beyond.

Upon sitting down in the bar, I realized that I left my phone at the Fair. Panic set in and the wait staff saw it on my face. There is no wifi in the lobby except for hotel guests so the maitre d' offered me his own personal phone to try and call the vendor at the Fair. Thanks to his generosity all my fears of losing my phone disappeared and I made contact with the vendor and made arrangements to pick up the phone the following morning.

Now with that mini crisis over, we had a cocktail or two. Since this was our first day in Delhi, we asked for dining and shopping tips from the wait staff. Well instead of just suggesting we go ask the Concierge, they pulled out the Delhi map and made a list for us. If that wasnt enough they then brought us a taste treat from the restaurant along with the cocktails of our choice (one of the best gimlets Ive ever had in a very elegant martini glass and my friend had a wonderful ginger ale made with fresh ginger).

Finally we decided that it was time to go and when we asked for the bill, they said it was complements of the house. After trying to insist that we pay, they said that the manager wanted to treat us because of my stressful experience losing the phone. Now let me remind you I lost my own phone and created the stressful situation - they did not. And remember we were not even guests of the hotel and they knew that. If this is how they treat guests in the bar, I can only imagine the hoops they will jump through for guest of the hotel.

2  Thank love2tvl
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our team at the bar.

At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 17, 2013

From the moment I was greeted at the airport by their delightful staff until I was dropped off to head home my experience with the Oberoi staff, accommodations and service was top-notch. My room was well appointed, quite large and the black out curtains and quiet were perfect to combat my jet lag. The staff were friendly, professional and were always a step ahead of me from wrapping my stray computer cords with velcro to putting my business cards in a simple plastic case vs. the ziplock baggie that I brought them in.

Overall the food was outstanding and I was totally shocked getting a great pasta dish outside of Italy or NYC in their restaurant 360 right there in New Delhi!

The pool and fitness center were terrific but unfortunately I did not make it to the spa which was open 24 hours.

The neighborhood was not a place I would head out on my own for a stroll but, the grounds were large with the connecting Trident hotel so I felt like I could get a breath of incense filled air and not feel caged in.

I look forward to visiting other Oberoi properties!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our sister hotel, The Oberoi Gurgaon. We are glad that you felt pampered.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi group and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Having stayed at the Mena House Oberoi in Cairo, we had high expectations of the Oberoi Hotel, New Delhi. Unfortunately, it did not live up to the hotel's name. Walking into the fairly standard foyer, the first thing we noticed was the smell of mold. It was quite off-putting. Despite humidifiers placed by hotel staff in the hallways, the smell permeated our clothes so much so that we have to wash and dryclean everything when we returned home.(having previously stayed at the delightful Imperial Hotel, we know how fragrant venues can smell). We stayed for five days on a business trip. Our room was spacious, quiet and sleep quality was very good. Fruit in our room was not changed from the day we arrived nor was any added. Two elevators were being repaired so there was often lengthy wait depending on time of day. Breakfast and other meals at the hotel were good with excellent variety. Reception and banquet staff were attentive and helpful while other ground floor staff did little to make guests welcome. Location is central and close to Khan Market. Having stayed in other hotels in India over the past five years, we were overall disappointed with the Oberoi Hotel and will not return there in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Geo2008
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the guest room. We do have an exhaustive dehumidification programme and facilities; however it seems that your stay was adversely affected on that particular day. We sincerely regret the inconvenience.

I do hope you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and that you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality and services. We value your patronage and would request you to return to stay with us on your future visits.

Sincere regards,

Jay Rathore
Vice President and General Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel was nice ,staff was very good .the check in was very smooth .room service was very good ,on Time .good cars and excellent drivers .great staff .loved the Chinese resturant .the spa is very good .all what a gym lacks is sauna ,else is ok.the room furniture is quite old not smooth enough .the corridor carpets and room are also quite old.old bathrooms lacks the modern feel.all n all liked it though .

Room Tip: Swimming pool view is good
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the room. I sincerely regret the inconvenience. We have spent a considerable amount of time and money refurbishing our rooms. I regret they did not meet your approval. We also have a variety of rooms and suites. Should your travel bring you back to Delhi, please do reach out to me and I am certain we will be able to accommodate your requests as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was recommended this hotel by one of my Indian customers as the purpose of my visit was for business. I was not disappointed from the moment I walked in to the moment I left - everything was absolutely top class and I will be returning there for my business trip without fail next year. The staff always went out of their way to make you feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble - as I stayed there for a whole week the breakfast staff got to know me quite well and always remembered my name and that I wanted a coffee as soon as I sat down!
I have stayed in some great hotels around the world but I haven't enjoyed a hotel more than the Oberoi and can't wait to return next year.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pool and it was so peaceful - in Delhi if you can't find a bit of peace and quiet it is invaluable!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services especially the team at Threesixty degrees. We are glad that you felt pampered.