“I love feeling special”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 733 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I arrived after travelling for 18 hours and having been awake for 40. I was greeted like a VIP and old friend even though this was my first visit. Firstly I was ushered into a lovely bar area and offered refreshments from here we did my check in. By the time we had finished my luggage was already up in my beautiful room which was filled with yellow roses. Now this is how you make a traveller welcome.

The room was large, the bed huge and comfortable, after my trip I was exhausted and opted for room service which was prompt and delicious. Breakfast was included in the price and was absolutely brilliant with the most superb service. I looked forward to breakfast every day!!

The staff here are incredibly friendly and always great you by name. The swimming pools are fabulous I prefer the outdoors one which is 22 meters long so you can have a decent swim.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: All rooms are terrific
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SueGS
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services; we are delighted you felt special.

At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our first stop in India on a 2 week family vacation and it was a fabulous transition from NYC. The staff could not have been more friendly and attentive. Everyone was warm, welcoming, and ready to serve. We especially loved the entire staff in the main dining room and the myriad of cuisine choices.

The hotel was pristine, centrally located, and offered many amenities.

Would highly recommend the hotel to friends and family... and we will visit again. Thanks for making our stay memorable and pleasurable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services, specially the threesixty degrees all day dining restaurant.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in the hotel in Augusty 2013.
The reception staff, the front of hotel staff, the dining room staff and the cleaning staff I had dealings with were all terrific. They were each very helpful.
The hotel is luxurious. The room I stayed in overlooked the Delhi Golf Club Course.
My impression is it is a business mans hotel but as a solo traveller I have nothing but praise from my experience.
It is a 5 star hotel so it has a 5 star cost. It is worth the expense just for the experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Golf Course
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services, specially the Front Office, Dining and Housekeeping team members.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went across to the Oberoi because the Taj was full, and we were not disappointed. Located centrally, like the Taj, the hotel is a strong competitor with its high quality standards and good amenities. While the stay was brief and I could not see much of the hotel, the amenities were top of the class along with the famed Oberoi service levels. An excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, services and amenities. We are delighted you gave us an opportunity to serve you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, New Delhi

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while on a business trip and was extremely pleased by the convenient location, courteous staff & prompt services of the hotel. An in-room checkin was the best thing that could've happened after a long journey. The traditional Indian breakfast at the 360 restaurant ordered off the menu was yum. And not to mention the refreshing lush green view from the hotel window that made me forget I was in New Delhi.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the golf course will make you forget you're in New Delhi
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the the room and the hotel services. I am glad that your Indian breakfast was memorable and exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning and end of our Golden Triangle tour. Initially we were impressed with the lovely decor and very attentive service, and at the beginning of our stay the swimming pool and gardens beside it were open and really beautiful. Unfortunately we found our rooms to have a strong smell of damp, and even after having a dehumidifier installed they did not really improve and even our sheets felt slightly wet which was unpleasant. We moved rooms but the problem seemed even worse in the new rooms we were given (on the 6th floor). The hotel staff were extremely apologetic and did what they could to help us, explaining that the monsoon rain was the cause of the problem, but I think that they may need to strip out the carpets in the rooms and corridors to really address the root of the problem. Also we were disappointed to find the pool and gardens closed for maintenance when we returned to the hotel at the end of our trip (and will be closed until 27 August).

On a more positive note, the breakfast buffet was fantastic, and we also had a lovely lunch in the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services. We are glad that you enjoyed the location, food and beverage at the restaurant and the health and wellness facilities.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the guest room and pool closure. We do have an exhaustive dehumidification programme and facilities; however it seems that your stay was adversely affected on that particular day.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincere regards,

Jay Rathore
Vice President and General Manager

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have been staying here for the last many years whenever I visit Delhi and my last stay was a few days back. Like all oberoi hotels the hospitality here is always at its best. I always feel like at home here and everone make all efforts to deliver the very best. There has never been a problem even of a minor nature but its high time get the rooms renovated. Very highly recommended and I am of course coming here very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the guest room. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.