“Business Trip”
Review of The Oberoi

The Oberoi
Ranked #3 of 736 Hotels in New Delhi
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was a blast from the past in colonial terms. The public areas have been refurbished and offer both beatiful modern decor and a step back in time to the colonial yesteryaer of style and elegance.
The staff as ever at an Oberoi are faultless and the food and service was just as good. If you are there on a Wednesday evening go to the wine tasting which is excellent value and very informative.

The roomms may need a little TLC and the bathroom was very small for the size of the suite.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you had a memorable stay and enjoyed the facilities. The wine tasting session, which is conducted by the sommelier every wednesday and friday is a big hit with not only the hotel guests but also with the locals. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We did an Oberoi tour of northern India, so we were given an upgraid in this hotel, the suite was amazing with a view over the golf course.
The service was excellent, the food very good, and the deli too, had a very good selection of snacks and naughty treats.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaniMidlands

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here with my family earlier this month. The hotel offered wonderful hospitality. The Beatles also arrived here for a brief stay early during the morning on July 6, 1966, primarily for George Harrison to buy a sitar. We stayed on the 4th floor, a few doors down from Room 438, the suite where The Beatles stayed. I wonder if they also enjoyed their stay as much as we did.

The hotel is located centrally so that travel to and most places in Delhi is convenient. There's a well appointed gym which my wife and I used, and indoor and outdoor lap pools. The gym provides water and towels. Breakfast is in a nice restaurant called Threesixty which as an informal cafe during the day, serving a variety of cuisines. I recommend the high tea served in the restaurant in the afternoon. A single order of high tea, which consists of sweet and savory snacks, should suffice for a group of four with supplementary orders of coffee and tea. The service is excellent and hospitable with warm touches.

The hotel has obviously gone out of its way to train its staff in superior hospitality. There are touches of it everywhere. For instance, the laundry service is just that much more attentive, the maitre d at the restaurants is just that much more pleasant, and the turbaned doorman, of the type the Beatles also observed, is just that much more welcoming.

Besides, I loved the fragrance the hotel was infused with.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the swimming pool and golf course.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay and enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools, the breakfast and the high tea. The high tea as rightly pointed by you is very popular with our guests.

I am also glad that the team made you feel pampered. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

The hotel has been home away from home to celebrities and newsmakers since the mid 60"s and we are glad that you too enjoyed the "Oberoi Touch"

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Oberoi.. From the name itself i had in my mind that i will be getting something good at this. Apart from staying Marriott, Hyaatt, Leela etc. This was my first stay in Oberoi. Smooth Check-in Procedure with VERY Helpful Staff and good sized lobbies. They are well caraparted and they smell heaven. The rooms are of decent size and the buuffet breakfast makes you go Ummmmmm...! Same as marriott Hotels but in this you get a pich on indian tradition! so that makes your stay worth the price!

Room Tip: Try the corner rooms on the floor and enjoy the beauty of the Capital!
1  Thank Gaurangsehgal5

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding our hotel and services. We are glad that we could meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back

The Team at The Oberoi, New Delhi.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first hotel experience in India. I must say it was one of the best of a lot of great hotels we stayed in.
The weather in February was chilly and so I was not able to take advantage of some of the outdoor amenities the hotel has to offer, but inside was wonderful. Starting with tight security on arrival the staff was wonderful. The room was clean and comfortable and very well decorated.
Dining was in a first class, modern and lovely restaurant 360 in the hotel. There are others available but we loved 360.
I can't tell you how impressed I was with the staff. They really made us feel special. The Hotel IT guy arranged for a prepaid SIM card for our iPad that worked well throughout India. A charming and beautiful staff.
I can't think of a better introduction to India and it's best natural resource... it's people!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel and services. We are glad that you enjoyed the outdoor facility, restaurants and the room and our staff exceeded your expectations.

The team at The Oberoi, New Delhi

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The building itself is somewhat old but the interior has been refurbished to a reasonable standard. It has a lovely Outside pool. Not as good as some of the other Oberoi hotels I have stayed in but still of a good standard. We were there for three days. it is a bit limited in restaurants and we went to some other hotels for variety. Easy enough together taxi to and from those. Delhi was a very nice city. We had an organised tour every day which was really good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool..at the back of the hotel. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback . I am glad that you enjoyed the facilities especially the outside pool.

In regards to your comment regarding limited dining options, we at the hotel have a fine dining Italian, Chinese and an All day dining restaurant serving sushi, yakitori, thai, western and Indian. Apart from these three restaurants we also have The Oberoi Patisserie and Delicatessen serving hourly bakes, pastries and chocolates. I regret that you were not properly briefed regarding the dining options

Kind regards

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was very impressed by the Oberoi New Delhi. The grounds were perfectly kept, staff was very friendly and the food was excellent. Only complaint was the hotel arranged for a car service from the airport which ended up being extremely overpriced. Consider alternatives for transportation.

1  Thank Brock F
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding our hotel and services. We are glad that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants.

With regards to your comment regarding the airport pickup being expensive; I wish to inform you that we do have room rates which are inclusive of airport pickups. Please feel free to contact me directly should your plans bring you to Delhi, I shall ensure that we quote you the best room rate. I can be reached at reuben.kataria@oberoihotels.com.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.