“Great Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
Bengaluru, India
“Great Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Superb service and great hospitality which makes you feel royal. Very comfortable rooms and lovely facilities. Staff were excellent. Good food and great location too located centrally in Delhi, makes it easier to travel. It was a very enjoyable experience overall. Would love to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HPTC
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback regarding our hotel rooms, staff, food and location. We are glad that you felt pampered.

We look forward to welocming you back to the hotel

The team at The Oberoi, New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was travelling for business and stuck in meetings in the hotel for most of the time. One thing that struck me was the particularly good quality of food served during the meetings. In my experience, food served in banquet halls is nothing to write home about, but the Oberoi was an exception. Apart from this I was particularly impressed with the the health club and the indoor pool is a great addition. Restuarants are also good, and my choice for a dinner would be at the Taipan.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding the food being served at Banquets and in Taipan and the health club facilities.

We are glad that we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is one hotel I would recommend if you are looking for complete luxury which comes for people with deep pockets. Be it morning breakfast buffets or lunch or dinner or ala carte, you will always enjoy the sumptous food served in a wonderful ambience and by suave staff demonstrating excellent hospitality. The dish's presenatation are something that made me spellbound.I would give it all the stars had there been an option. Great place to be:)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding the food and the presentation. We are glad that we could exceed your expectations and you felt pampered.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

The team at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
Amagansett, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

You get what yoiu pay for and this is another Oberoi with exceptional service and amenities. I gave them some shirts to launder and when they were returned they informed me they found a small hole in one and repaired it flawlessly
Good news is this is fastest wifi I've found in India. Bad news is they charge for this

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding the hotel and services, especially the laundry service.

With regards to your comment regarding internet, I wish to inform you that we do have room rates which are inclusive of internet. Please feel free to contact me directly should your plans bring you to Delhi, I shall ensure that we quote you the best internet inclusive room rate. I can be reached at reuben.kataria@oberoihotels.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi New Delhi

Kind regards
Reuben Kataria
Executive Assistant Manager
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Oberoi New Delhi is a hotel that is not without shortcomings. Any negatives however quickly be overlooked due to the amazing service. It is without doubt the best service I have ever received at any hotel.

The best example of how great the Oberoi service is is that we arrived at the hotel at the same time as the President of Nepal and not for a second were we made to feel any less important by the staff.

Check-in was done in the comfort of our room. While I unfortunately do not recall the names of the staff members, the staff members I interacted with remembered mines and throughout my stay I was always greeted by name.

The Hotel is not a pretty sight to behold from the outside. I suspect it was built in the 70's when ugly architecture seemed to have been the ''in thing''. That aside, the reception/lobby area is gorgeous. You do feel as if you have arrived.

The breakfast was great. The selection was good, but not as wide as some of the other properties we visited in India. However, the quality was great.

If I was to to rate the Oberoi New Delhi simply by the standard of its rooms, I would probably give it 3.5 or 4 stars. The rooms are fairly dated, and the bathrooms are tiny. I think it is unnacceptable for a 5 star hotel to have a shower curtain (as opposed to glass or a stand alone shower). While there have been obvious cosmetic updates such as LCD TV's and multi plugpoints, the rooms are definitely due for an update. Don't get me wrong, the rooms are still well maintained, just dated.

To again highlight the service, I noted my displeasure with the rooms in a comment form before checking out and I was personally e-mailed by the GM to notify me that a renovation is to be undertaken in the near future.

The location of the hotel is also great for tourist activities, it is close to Humayuns Tomb, India Gate and the Khan Market. It is probably one of the more central locations you can have in Delhi (using the Red Fort as the most northerly point and the Saket Malls as the most southerly point).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeyDock
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay.

At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

The team at The Oberoi, New Delhi.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Been here for a few days , if there is one thing you do , book Mk in the salon to do a head and shoulder massage , 900 rupees for 1 hour , best massage ever and it's fully clothed , no posh spa , just a good old fashioned massage . So good I went back and had it with the oils aruyvedic the next day which was equally good , u just need a hair wash after , the massage continues during the hair wash too ! But ask for Mk he was very very good , like I say the best massage I have ever had ! There is a spa here but at 5000 rupees the 900 rupee option is excellent .

Room Tip: If you need wi fi please request at time of booking as they charge for this and they can offer you a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our salon. We will definitely let MK know of the encouraging compliments

We look forward to seeing you again

Warm regards
Reuben Kataria
Executive Assistant Manager
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Wow! This hotel has it all, including running water that North Americans can use to brush teeth!! The room was compact with a nice size closet, a vanity in its own alcove, a bed with comfortable down pillows and smooth cotton sheets, a small living room area with couch and coffee table and large flat screen TV and a desk on which to do work with all the necessary electronic hookups. There was candy on the nightstand, complimentary bottled water and fresh fruit on the console. Truly impressive is the bathroom, with its footed tub straddled by a mesh bin with a remote control for the TV and a loofah sponge and bath salts. The glass shower was spotless, the sinks designer and the toilet had its own cubicle surrounded by smoked glass permitting use of the bathroom by both people sharing the room simultaneously. We visited on our last night in India and had an early morning flight without the correct boarding passes to permit us into the airport. The staff worked tirelessly until they were able to print out the necessary documents and was more than gracious about it. The dinner, served to a large group had many selections of high quality. I wish we had more time to spend at the Oberoi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments regarding the hotel and services. We are glad that you felt pampered.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi New Delhi