“First rate” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 706 Hotels in New Delhi
New York
“First rate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Suite was beautifully laid out--view of park, high above the craziness of New Delhi. Service was excellent in room and in restaurant. Just a couple of improvements could be made--the bathroom needs updating (bathtub needed re-doing especially). Also room service meal was a bit disappointing. Would agree with other reviewer that wi-fi should be included, especially if one is on a package staying at three Oberoi hotels in India. But would still recommend this hotel as an excellent choice for the beginning of a tour of India.

Room Tip: high floor suite is excellent location
1 Thank jess6612
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comments about the hotel's location and excellent services.

I have taken careful note of your comment regarding the guest room. We do have a small inventory of renovated rooms and if your travel brings you back to India, I will show you those rooms and I am sure you will enjoy the new look and feel. I have also made a note of your comment on the Room service meal; we do endeavor to train our staff to the highest standards but unfortunately we seem to have erred this time. Please forgive us this unusual aberration. With regards to your comment regarding Internet pricing; I wish to inform you we do have room rates which are inclusive of internet. Please feel free to contact me directly should your plans bring you to Delhi, I shall ensure that we quote you the best internet inclusive room rate. I can be reached at amit.sachdeva@oberoihotels.com.

Amit Sachdeva
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
chapel hill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Over the top LUXURY. Then lobby is exquisite, but then you see the room. WOW! Huge with all the extra nice conveniences, large walk in closet, Oberoi shopping bags for your use, make up mirror with a nice area to do my hair and make up, nice desk in very large bedroom for my husband's use, the bathroom is really nice with huge granite shower and double sinks. Could not have been more posh. Great robes and slippers, too. Electric curtains. And this was the entry level room.
When we tipped the bell hop, he said they pool the tips for everyone who works there...nice idea.
We called for help on a couple times and someone responded immediately. Think we did not understand how to turn the heat up?

1 Thank Judy G
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your compliments. We are happy to learn from your feedback that your visit to our hotel was pleasant and comfortable and we were able to exceed your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel
Amit Sachdeva
Rooms Division Manager
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Excellent as expected of an Oberoi, good service, nice rooms and facilities, good food.
The location is good for tourist sites.
We were just a bit surprised that there is no free Wifi, the free usage should be standard in these kind of hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Katamete
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel's location and services. We are glad that the we met your expectations

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the Internet pricing. We do have room rates which are inclusive of internet. Please feel free to contact me directly should your plans bring you to Delhi, I shall ensure that we quote you the best internet inclusive room rate. I can be reached at reuben.kataria@oberoihotels.com.

Warm regards

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was in India for a week with five days at the Oberoi. The staff is absolutely incredible. From greeting you by name at the restaurant to greeting you at the front door with a smile, I felt very comfortable and appreciated. Mona was especially helpful recommending places to visit in my free time and Anshul at 360 was wonderfully considerate. Prices are as you would expect for a 5 star hotel and staff friendliness would be 6 star if I could rate it as such. Don't forget to bring a swimsuit as I did - the outdoor pool is set to 85 degrees and in December looked amazing. I didn't try the spa, but the facilities (gym, showers) are nice and very modern. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your generous feedback regarding our hotel services and staff- especially Mona and Anshul. As correctly pointed out by you, the outdoor pool is amazing and is appreciated by a lot of guests.

Thank you for reccomending the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back

The team at The Oberoi, New Delhi
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Prior to a tour of India, my husband and I spent three days in New Delhi staying at the
Oberoi hotel. Each and every employee was exceptional, rooms lovely, food delicious
and location convenient to tourist sites. We highly recommend this hotel

• 5 of 5 bubbles
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Oberoi hotel in Zakir Hussain marg is isolated (like most of the Delhi area where every property is sprawling) stretch on Zakir hussain marg. Spent a night for a conference here. Hospitality by each employee is excellent and helpful.

Quite close to few attractions in East and South East delhi like Aksharadham, Isckon, Bahai (lotus temple). Hotel has arranged pick up from Airport, and accommodated my request to drop in some other location in Delhi without fuss.

However i didn't like still the charge they levy for Internet usage. Business hotels needs to make this as part of the room service... Internet usage should be like electricity supply to rooms in business hotels..

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms look great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Warm regards

Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had to stay here for an extended period of time on business last month. The staff was nothing but outstanding. The concierges desk helped me plan and book two weekend trips outside of delhi with no issues and then even had the charges put on my room instead of me having to pay the vendor. I ate at all the restaurants on the property and would recommend them all. The gym facilities were great and there was always someone there with a bottle of water for you. One of the parts I liked was the pillow menu. They had 5 or so pillows to choose from for your comfort and it made dealing with the jet lag pretty nice. The down side is the rooms seem a tad outdated for the price being paid, but the service of the staff well makes up for that.

Room Tip: If you want quite get a pool side room. If you like the sunrise over Delhi its going to be a little...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us and you enjoyed our concierge services, the restaurants and fitness facilities. Our pillow menu as rightly pointed out by you, is very popular. Your encouraging words will remain an inspiration to our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back