“home away from home”

Ranked #3 of 716 Hotels in New Delhi
Yuma, Arizona
“home away from home”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I had to stay here for an extended period of time on business last month. The staff was nothing but outstanding. The concierges desk helped me plan and book two weekend trips outside of delhi with no issues and then even had the charges put on my room instead of me having to pay the vendor. I ate at all the restaurants on the property and would recommend them all. The gym facilities were great and there was always someone there with a bottle of water for you. One of the parts I liked was the pillow menu. They had 5 or so pillows to choose from for your comfort and it made dealing with the jet lag pretty nice. The down side is the rooms seem a tad outdated for the price being paid, but the service of the staff well makes up for that.

Room Tip: If you want quite get a pool side room. If you like the sunrise over Delhi its going to be a little...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us and you enjoyed our concierge services, the restaurants and fitness facilities. Our pillow menu as rightly pointed out by you, is very popular. Your encouraging words will remain an inspiration to our staff.

The team at The Oberoi, New Delhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
St Albans
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It's not a beauty on the outside, but this is a truly world class hotel in terms of service. Nothing was too much trouble. Our suite was excellent, although I've seen larger bathrooms.

The team on reception and concierge were outstanding. We missed breakfast twice (included in our deal) due to early mornings, but they did a very good packed breakfast for us.

The bar is a bit soulless, and the pool wasn't set up with loungers - it was November, so perhaps considered not warm enough?

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel and services, especially the reception and concierge team.

I have also taken note of your comments regarding the bar and would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Regarding the pool not having the loungers, I think you are referring to, the water body visible from the lobby and restaurants. That used to be a pool at one time but now we have two new temperature controlled pools - One indoor and another outdoor. The indoor pool fulfils the need for swimmers who wish to swim after dark.

I shall be delighted to show you around the facilities in your next visit

Warm regards
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I arrived direct from Varanasi were unfortunately I had been extremely unwell for two days and my wife as well but to a lesser extent.

Upon arrival we were imediately greeted and were upgraded. Check in took place in our room. During our first 24 hours we only ate in our room. We had a butler who looked after us extremely well, nothing was too much trouble. Shortly after we arrvived we had some drinks brought to our room. I offered a tip to the waitress who politely refused and said that tipping was not necessary.

It was necessary for me to call the doctor during my first night. The hotel staff were wonderful and extremely caring. It made our stay so much more enjoyable although because of illness we were not able to enjoy the restaurants or other facilities. If there is such a thing as being a good place to be ill in Delhi it is this hotel.

All of the staff were very freindly and nothing was too much trouble. This is an excellent hotel and I look forward to being able to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, December 20, 2012

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I visited on a business trip, the hotel was nice, the service wasn't as nice as the previous hotel. My room was luxurious, breakfast was sensational. The main detractions for me were the noise from the roads on both sides of the hotel (my colleague told me it was as bad on his side), internet was absolutely extortionate and I've no idea why it's not included in the cost of the room. Beers in the bar were the same, only drank there once.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have taken note of your positive feedback regarding the room and the breakfast. I have also taken note of your comments regarding the noise and the internet being expensive. The same has been updated as your preference. We also have room packages inclusive of Internet and I will be happy to offer the same in your next visit.

Kind regards
Suburban MD
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was an excellent hotel with five star service. The staff was amazing and really followed up on our requests and needs. They even contacted us prior to our departure from home to confirm time of arrival for our booked airport pick up. The 360 restaurant breakfasts were also extremely good and the modern decor was pleasing. While I rate this a five star hotel for service, I have given in four stars because the rooms, while clean and excellent in every way, did show a bit of wear, particularly in the bathrooms. The rooms were also a bit smaller than 5 stars I have been at before. The hotel had excellent security. All in all, I would strongly recommend this hotel and I would certainly chose to come here again. The attitudes and actions of the staff were outstanding and that goes a long way to making for an enjoyable trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging review. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the room and will address that with the relevant department heads.

My team and I very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, New Delhi once again in the not too distant future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2012

End of our trip in India and had already stayed at the Hyatt and Oberoi Agra (reviews already posted). Had read all the positive reviews so was looking forward to this property. It did not disappoint.

Check-in was quick and efficient and were told that we had received a nice upgrade to a suite. I am sometimes dubious about upgrades (don't get me wrong, I love them) but this time it did not disappoint. We were escorted to room 650 which was right at the end of the corridor. Proudly in brass at the door were the words "The Kipling Suite" and sweet it was!

This is a very large room and from what I understand, one of their largest. To the left of the entry hall is the lounge room and dining room (seats six) where we were welcomed by our butler with iced tea and a bottle of wine. Just off the dining room is a kitchenette which honestly seems to be a bit of a waste.

There were two complete bathrooms with the master having a spa and beutifully tiled in marble or granite. The main bedroom had a grand four poster bed and a large dressing area. I liked the fact that the TV in the main bedroom could spin depending on which side of the room you were on.

As the room is at the end of the hotel you have views from both sides which is terrific.

Air conditioning worked well and there was great water pressure in the shower. It has a curtain rather than glass doors which is a bit of a shame but really a small quibble.

We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant and I have to say that at the beginning the service was lacklustre. We were not met with a smile and felt ignored for a while. Thankfully this picked up with one of our waiters (who was a delight) and also the Assistant F&B Manager. It was a wonderful touch that they specially made the deep fried ice cream for dessert (not very traditional but delicious) even when they had run out. And at their suggestion we finished our wine and dessert on the terrace which was great.

The Assistant F&B manager also indicated that he would arrange a lovely Indian breakfast the next morning and he did not let us down. What a treat to receive this added attention.

The only issue we had was that my partner had organised a birthday cake for me and he had an incredible battle getting it delivered. This should not have happened and was a real let down. It was delivered during breakfast which was less than ideal.

On the up side they ended up not charging us for the car to the airport which was a nice treat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I have also taken note of your comments about the arrival experience at Taipan, and the inconvenience you had to face for the birthday cake. I would like to apologize for the same.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Ingatestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 7.30 am and they very kindly allowed us into our room immediately even though check in time was 2pm, They also gave us breakfast. This type of treatment gives a very good impression of Oberoi hotels and this one in particular bearing in mind we were only due to stay one night. Our room was excellent. We had a superb meal in the Chinese restaurant in the evening , where they had very chatty and attentive staff. Clearly this is primarily a business hotel, but we were more than happy with every aspect - service was immaculate. .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our hotel and services, especially at our speciality chinese restaurant, Taipan.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi, New Delhi